MIKA @ HMV Oxford Street

Yoppappop

12:00 .... I'm in the Metro ...... nervous ...... few more stations ...... yes, I'm here ...... walking towards the store .... no people ... relief, I'm not late ...... asking the staff about the performance .... "What performance?" ..... WRONG STORE!!!!! ..... Panic! ..... running again..... the sound of car brakes, someone is swearing ...... opss, almost got me! ..... who cares? ..... running again .... see the store .... no people..... relief again ...... shall I get some food? I don't want to faint from hunger, I'm running into risk of fainting anyway-when I see him ..... got some food..... still no people..... 3:00 .... Hmmmm... strange ..... asking the staff, nobody knows anything...... the someone tells me that the queue is at the back of the store ..... PANIC!!!! .... got there, I'm 10th. Dam it! I could have been first! .... But got in anyway....

Now, the performance.... AMAZING!!!!! AMAZING!!!! AMAZING!!!!!! Seeing MIKA in person is soooooo much better than I ever expected!!!!!! The man is GORGEOUS!!!!! :wub2: And not that skinny! Just perfect!:wub2:

The voice - POWER!!!!! The stage presence - he's got it!!!!! He sang four songs - My interpretation, Billy Brown, Love today and Grace Kelly. The performance was unbelievable, people, he is sooooo great live!!! One more thing I can say - he looked directly AT me a few times.... It felt great! (I know, he was looking at everybody else as well, but I don't think I needed mention that minor detail...:naughty: )

Then there was signing.... I was almost at the beginning, my heart was stumping like crazy, hands shaking really bad, I mean I was extremely nervous!!!

The security guard said - ONE AUTOGRAPH PER PERSON ONLY!!! Everybody was upset, but there you go.....:thumbdown:

And then I walked towards him! He is sitting at the table, smiling at me with that gorgeous and cute smile. :wub2:

The guard (one of very strict and grumpy creatures) takes the paper from you and puts it in front of Mika, you can't do it yourself and you aren't allowed to touch him or walk behind the table. Hmmm....

But it doesn't matter, because HE IS SMILING AT ME!!!!

We had a little chat... I can barely remember it, it was like in another dimension ....I remember saying about sending messages to him on MySpase. He is like Yeah, did I reply to you?.... I'm - no, but I'll send you one tonight, you better reply :-) ....obviously with the biggest grin on my face.... he giggled and asked my name.... I couldn't even say my name, voice shaking, can't get the words out.... heart stumping ... but got my autograph, some guy took my picture with MIKA, but no hug or anything, I wasn't allowed too close to him... Also mention Jemma's birthday and MySpase message.... ;-)

Went out, took a big breath of fresh air .... hmmm.... One autograph only?! Not fair! How about Sou? She really wanted one too!

Went back inside, slipped though the security (one guy was trying to do the same, he was checked out!) ....joined the end of the queue.... Security walking around, looking at everybody... I put my jacket on so they won't recognise me..... but my red hair gave me away!!!! ....almost half of the way left - big security guy pushes his way though the crowd towards me - "You already have an autograph!!!!" - points at me..... OMG!!!! It was sooo embarrassing!!!!!!! My face became as red as my hair!!!

Walked out..... I've got nothing to loose..... walked in again, joined the end of the other queue, those people were waiting until the first queue was finished.....waited for everybody before me..... almost there...... very nervous..... three people in front of me left.... security - "You again????" .... I'm like - you see, I really need to get this one - I don't know what it was - the look on my face like I'm going to cry now or he was just tired of chucking me out, but he said - go on then... YEAH!!!!! It was worth it!!!! Getting another autograph and seeing MIKA again and talking to him!!! I almost kissed the guy (security)!!! I probably would have done, but..... then the next thing I saw was MIKA' s biggest grin and THOSE AMAIZING DARK EYES LOOKING AT ME AGAIN!!!!! "Oh hello, hello!!!" - he remembered me!!!!! I said "Sorry, I had to get this one - (Sue, are you reading?) IT'S FOR ONE GIRL WHO LIVES IN EGIPT AND IS DYING TO SEE YOU BUT CAN NOY GET HERE, SHE WOULD BE SO HAPPY TO GET THIS SIGNED FOR HER!" I made sure he spelled it correctly and then I said - "EVERYBODY FROM MFC SAYS HELLO AND IS SENDING THEIR LOVE!" And then he said "Oh thank you, I can see you are from the MFC!" He looked at my badge and than an amazing thing happened - he reached out across the table and PUT HIS HAND ON MY BADGE!!!!! I FELT THE WORMTH OF HIS HAND ON ME!!!!:blush-anim-cl: I couldn't touch him, so he TOUCHED ME!!!! Then I mumbled something like *I'll see you in Shepherds Bush* and he said Ok, see you there but remember - crazy outfits!

Weak in my knees I walked out of the store.... couldn't believe my luck.....

Some fresh air and a bit later walked back in again. Security said that he already left the store.... Just was walking out - and I saw JASMINE! It was a lucky day for me!!! I was like - oh hello, Jasmine!!!! We had a good chat and I took a picture with her. She was so sweet and smiley!!!

Anyway, I'm trying to sort out the picture and videos , then I'll post the link.

Sorry for the long story, it's still very fresh in my memory.

what a great story!

good for u for not giving up ;)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As promised.. but only a few as most didnt turn out that good

These are the best. I have Grace Kelly on video with the cutest 'uh oh' will upload later on

normal_CIMG2875.JPG

normal_CIMG2890.JPG

normal_CIMG2907.JPG

normal_CIMG2905.JPG

This one is my absolute fave!!! :wub2:

normal_CIMG2912.JPG

Yayyyyyy!!! Thank You!!!!! That's me in the Dennis the Menace top!! Trying to stop myself fron groping poor mika!!! do you mind if i nick this pic!!!xx

Have uploaded 'My Interpretation' on youtube

This was the first song.. where the photographers were all in the way!!!.. they were all made to crouch down afterwards :)

Enjoy!

MeiMei88 they are great videos!

You can see Mika and the sound quality is great :thumb_yello:

Thankyou again for posting them :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :wub2:

Oh my!! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH THOUGH!!! WOW!!! I mean it was probably like a war zone in there, lol!! THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH BLACKWILDKITTY!!! Omg, I'm actually at a loss for words!!!

Thanks for getting him to spell my name correctly! It means the worldddd to me!!!!! He spelled my name with a 'y' first time around hehe :blush-anim-cl:

He touched your badge?!! I'm sure you're going to keep that badge in a glass box, never to be touched by anyone! hahaha!

Have I thanked you for going through ALL of that to get me an autograph?!!!! Oh my, I don't think I'll be able to thank you enough!!!!!

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

:huglove: :huglove:

You are welcome, it was totally worth it!!!!! This time at least I was a lot calmer and could speak properly and said hello from MFC and got my badge touched!!! Well, everybody knows where the budges are usually pinned :blush-anim-cl:... say no more, say no more....:blush-anim-cl:

Anyway, I have to say that when the security men told me that MIKA left the store, I went around the back and walked in a little corridor, there was another security.... he was sitting there all the time during the performance. Word for word, I got out of him that in fact MIKA is still in the building - he checked the cameras for me!

I thought - YEY!!! I'll wait for him outside - see I really wanted a proper picture with him!!! But then I thought if MIKA sees me ONE MORE TIME, he might get freaked out, so I better leave it until Shepherds Bush. But I think I had a really good chance there!

MeiMei88 they are great videos!

You can see Mika and the sound quality is great

Thankyou again for posting them

Aww thanks..! HMV is terrible for filming and photos as the video wall is a really horrible background... its not that well lit either.. so most of the pics I get aren't that great... perhaps its my camera :bleh: Any excuse to by better gear!!

Glad I was at the front this time.. I usually get stuck behind tall people :sneaky2: they should let all shorter people stand at the front!! :roftl: The three blokes next to me at the front were quite tall.. felt sorry for the people behind them!!

Hey everyone.. have posted the Grace Kelly clip on you tube!

I had a perfect view until the kids decided to stand up on the platform they were sitting on. sigh...kids get all the special treatment..they already had a great view!!.. never mind the poor silly grown ups that had been there for HOURS waiting for Mika :P Enjoy.. the 'uh oh' is at around 1min14secs

thank you so much!!! the "uh oh" part is too funny!! he's so cute!! :mf_lustslow:

I thought - YEY!!! I'll wait for him outside - see I really wanted a proper picture with him!!! But then I thought if MIKA sees me ONE MORE TIME, he might get freaked out, so I better leave it until Shepherds Bush. But I think I had a really good chance there!

haha.. there is a fine line between super fan and stalker fan!! :roftl: we all have it in us :bleh:

Glad I was at the front this time.. I usually get stuck behind tall people :sneaky2: they should let all shorter people stand at the front!! :roftl: The three blokes next to me at the front were quite tall.. felt sorry for the people behind them!!

imagine you were tall and you loved mika as much as you actually do. Would you be happy, after having spent 3 hours waiting, that people went at the front whereas you had to stay behind ?

look it's the same problem as with children. On the video, when the children are standing you are annoyed, well it's the same here.

I'm really tall and i always have to say sorry for being tall in cinemas or at concerts. Why don't short people feel sorry for being short then :blink: ?

I'm glad then I DID'N cross that line!!! :roftl:

:thumb_yello: i thought it was very reasonable of you not to take that picture. You'll have one next time don't worry :blush-anim-cl: !!

and i would love to see your red hair !! i'm sure mika loved them a lot :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: i thought it was very reasonable of you not to take that picture. You'll have one next time don't worry :blush-anim-cl: !!

and i would love to see your red hair !! i'm sure mika loved them a lot :thumb_yello:

Actually, there were some people waiting for him outside, with cameras and everything .....but I thought that I already approached him twice tonight, so I better leave it.

Update - the pictures that I took with my mobile didn't come out well, shame.... The videos are OK, but not great, I wasn't looking on the screen much. I was holding the phone up but looking at MIKA - I thought I've seen MIKA on screen already, I want to look at him live!

I've only just got home, and I have been on a high since I left (dispite not being able to get any pics due to an annoying women and security).

This was due to the fact that after giving Mika the cards from Nel, and his total surprise on how far they had come, when he signed my record, he looked up smiled and winked at me.

I walked into the building 5ft tall and walked out feeling 100ft tall, with a really stupid grin on my face and so happy anyone could have hit me over the head and I wouldn't have cared less.

Today has been the best day of my life!

I've only just got home, and I have been on a high since I left (dispite not being able to get any pics due to an annoying women and security).

This was due to the fact that after giving Mika the cards from Nel, and his total surprise on how far they had come, when he signed my record, he looked up smiled and winked at me.

I walked into the building 5ft tall and walked out feeling 100ft tall, with a really stupid grin on my face and so happy anyone could have hit me over the head and I wouldn't have cared less.

that's really great RAK !! :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

enjoy :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

annoying women?

security guards i guess i could understand but what about the women?

But can i ad OMG OMG OMG

OMG

Mika Winked at you?!??

Great, wasn't it?!?! Where were you? Did i see you? I was in green shirt and I have red hair (which kept giving me away) and I was standing almost at the front...

There were these two annoying Italian people behind me who were PUSHING me from behind throughout the performance...then when Mika finished, they pushed ahead in front of me and my friend. THEN they left the second queue to join the end of the first queue because they could not wait an extra 10 minutes to meet Mika...and THEN when they got their autographs, they looked back at us in the second queue and gloated. I wanted to throw my CD at them.

annoying women?

security guards i guess i could understand but what about the women?

But can i ad OMG OMG OMG

OMG

Mika Winked at you?!??

Oh yeah, there was a blond woman, she was walking on the stage and looked (or wanted to look)like an important person.... When the performance finished, she came from behind MIKA, hugged him and got a picture taken with him. She looked very bossy.

There were these two annoying Italian people behind me who were PUSHING me from behind throughout the performance...then when Mika finished, they pushed ahead in front of me and my friend. THEN they left the second queue to join the end of the first queue because they could not wait an extra 10 minutes to meet Mika...and THEN when they got their autographs, they looked back at us in the second queue and gloated. I wanted to throw my CD at them.

You should have thrown your cd at them!!! :sneaky2:

but then the cd would have been lost :biggrin2: !! i don't think it would have been a great idea !

no it would have caused a commotion especially if you hit them :naughty:

Mika would have looked to see what was happening...sure you may have got thrown out though :boxed: