MIKA @ HMV Oxford Street

Yoppappop

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.. I hate all the pushing.. I never push!!! why would I want to press myself onto a stranger.. unless of course that stranger was hot :blush-anim-cl: or it was MIKA :mf_lustslow:

Well I'm not THAT annoyed when it's a girl doing it, but I've had quite a few concerts ruined by guys rubbing against me :sneaky2: I had to leave the front row at a Sting concert once because there was this really nasty guy who kept rubbing against me the entire concert...and it was not like anyone else was pushing, Sting concerts are usually quite calm :blink: If I had been able to get just a bit of space there I'd have turned around and kicked him in the nuts :sneaky2: I don't mind pushing if the concert is wild anyway and everyone's doing it, then I actually find it quite fun...at small concerts at least when everyone's jumping around having a good time :yay:

There were these two annoying Italian people behind me who were PUSHING me from behind throughout the performance...then when Mika finished, they pushed ahead in front of me and my friend. THEN they left the second queue to join the end of the first queue because they could not wait an extra 10 minutes to meet Mika...and THEN when they got their autographs, they looked back at us in the second queue and gloated. I wanted to throw my CD at them.

Hey, I must have been next to you?? I was dumbstruck as to how they could smile back at us as if to say "we got it!!" I don't think they even realised how unfair and rude they were being!!!

12:00 .... I'm in the Metro ...... nervous ...... few more stations ...... yes, I'm here ...... walking towards the store .... no people ... relief, I'm not late ...... asking the staff about the performance .... "What performance?" ..... WRONG STORE!!!!! ..... Panic! ..... running again..... the sound of car brakes, someone is swearing ...... opss, almost got me! ..... who cares? ..... running again .... see the store .... no people..... relief again ...... shall I get some food? I don't want to faint from hunger, I'm running into risk of fainting anyway-when I see him ..... got some food..... still no people..... 3:00 .... Hmmmm... strange ..... asking the staff, nobody knows anything...... the someone tells me that the queue is at the back of the store ..... PANIC!!!! .... got there, I'm 10th. Dam it! I could have been first! .... But got in anyway....

Now, the performance.... AMAZING!!!!! AMAZING!!!! AMAZING!!!!!! Seeing MIKA in person is soooooo much better than I ever expected!!!!!! The man is GORGEOUS!!!!! :wub2: And not that skinny! Just perfect!:wub2:

The voice - POWER!!!!! The stage presence - he's got it!!!!! He sang four songs - My interpretation, Billy Brown, Love today and Grace Kelly. The performance was unbelievable, people, he is sooooo great live!!! One more thing I can say - he looked directly AT me a few times.... It felt great! (I know, he was looking at everybody else as well, but I don't think I needed mention that minor detail...:naughty: )

Then there was signing.... I was almost at the beginning, my heart was stumping like crazy, hands shaking really bad, I mean I was extremely nervous!!!

The security guard said - ONE AUTOGRAPH PER PERSON ONLY!!! Everybody was upset, but there you go.....:thumbdown:

And then I walked towards him! He is sitting at the table, smiling at me with that gorgeous and cute smile. :wub2:

The guard (one of very strict and grumpy creatures) takes the paper from you and puts it in front of Mika, you can't do it yourself and you aren't allowed to touch him or walk behind the table. Hmmm....

But it doesn't matter, because HE IS SMILING AT ME!!!!

We had a little chat... I can barely remember it, it was like in another dimension ....I remember saying about sending messages to him on MySpase. He is like Yeah, did I reply to you?.... I'm - no, but I'll send you one tonight, you better reply :-) ....obviously with the biggest grin on my face.... he giggled and asked my name.... I couldn't even say my name, voice shaking, can't get the words out.... heart stumping ... but got my autograph, some guy took my picture with MIKA, but no hug or anything, I wasn't allowed too close to him... Also mention Jemma's birthday and MySpase message.... ;-)

Went out, took a big breath of fresh air .... hmmm.... One autograph only?! Not fair! How about Sou? She really wanted one too!

Went back inside, slipped though the security (one guy was trying to do the same, he was checked out!) ....joined the end of the queue.... Security walking around, looking at everybody... I put my jacket on so they won't recognise me..... but my red hair gave me away!!!! ....almost half of the way left - big security guy pushes his way though the crowd towards me - "You already have an autograph!!!!" - points at me..... OMG!!!! It was sooo embarrassing!!!!!!! My face became as red as my hair!!!

Walked out..... I've got nothing to loose..... walked in again, joined the end of the other queue, those people were waiting until the first queue was finished.....waited for everybody before me..... almost there...... very nervous..... three people in front of me left.... security - "You again????" .... I'm like - you see, I really need to get this one - I don't know what it was - the look on my face like I'm going to cry now or he was just tired of chucking me out, but he said - go on then... YEAH!!!!! It was worth it!!!! Getting another autograph and seeing MIKA again and talking to him!!! I almost kissed the guy (security)!!! I probably would have done, but..... then the next thing I saw was MIKA' s biggest grin and THOSE AMAIZING DARK EYES LOOKING AT ME AGAIN!!!!! "Oh hello, hello!!!" - he remembered me!!!!! I said "Sorry, I had to get this one - (Sue, are you reading?) IT'S FOR ONE GIRL WHO LIVES IN EGYPT AND IS DYING TO SEE YOU BUT CAN NOT GET HERE, SHE WOULD BE SO HAPPY TO GET THIS SIGNED FOR HER!" I made sure he spelled it correctly and then I said - "EVERYBODY FROM MFC SAYS HELLO AND IS SENDING THEIR LOVE!" And then he said "Oh thank you, I can see you are from the MFC!" He looked at my badge and than an amazing thing happened - he reached out across the table and PUT HIS HAND ON MY BADGE!!!!! I FELT THE WORMTH OF HIS HAND ON ME!!!!:blush-anim-cl: I couldn't touch him, so he TOUCHED ME!!!! Then I mumbled something like *I'll see you in Shepherds Bush* and he said Ok, see you there but remember - crazy outfits!

Weak in my knees I walked out of the store.... couldn't believe my luck.....

Some fresh air and a bit later walked back in again. Security said that he already left the store.... Just was walking out - and I saw YASMINE! It was a lucky day for me!!! I was like - oh hello, Yasmine!!!! We had a good chat and I took a picture with her. She was so sweet and smiley!!!

Anyway, I'm trying to sort out the picture and videos , then I'll post the link.

Sorry for the long story, it's still very fresh in my memory.

I can undertsand why you are so giddy, but all is fair in love and war- I queued for ages, but I was considerate enough not to jump queues and I didn't even bother to ask for a second signing (for my friend who couldn't make it) as I knew it was unfair. Also some people left because they thought they wouldn't get a chance- all because of people jumping queue's and taking more then one turn!!!

I've just realised that I've been posting on the old forum and the review I posted is lost!!! Here it is now..

Hello everyone,

Sorry for taking so long to post this but I'm at work and this is the first opportunity I had.

Wow! Mika was fantastic: but let's start at the beginning...

I got there early and bought 2 copies of the single Love Today. I wanted to see if I could get one signed for my friend who couldn’t make it…it was worth a try!

After getting dud directions from the staff at the till to join the queue behind the store- I walked around for ½ hr before I found it, the queue wasn’t that long- Thank God!

Then I met people who were passing by wondering what was going on- I had to pass on the “Mika Love”- so I told them and that they should queue up. But some weren’t keen on waiting more then an hour in the queue- but I convinced a couple and 2 people who were on holiday- “you have to hear this guy live- he is very entertaining and he really can sing!”

We were in after an hour, then made a mad dash to the front, only to find there wasn’t much room and that there wasn’t a high enough raised platform for Mika to be seen, they did however have a big screen for those not lucky enough to get a direct view- I was in that category!

He came on just after 6, after the crowd went crazy chanting his name! He couldn’t stop laughing. He really is so down to earth and modest. The first thing he said was “can you all see me up here, behind this great big piano?” Of course we all shouted out “NO!” And then believe it or not he then moved this great big piano to an angle, for a better view!!

He launched straight into I think (!) My Intrepretation. Once he’d finished, he stripped (!!) down to his T-Shirt!! Then someone shouted out a request for “Billie Jean!?!” Yes I know!! You can imagine what his reaction was as well (he was nice about it) - they immediately got corrected by someone more knowledgeable- “it’s Grace Kelly!” So he did that one too- at one point he told us that Martin had had a baby girl the previous day (ahhhh) and that since he was on his own we would have to help him out…and I think he (we!!) sang Billy Brown- we did, unfortunately miss the bit where he dropped off from “…fell in love with another…” and “man” kind of wasn’t heard…Sorry Mika!!!

But we did well with Love Today!!! At one point I think we did the chorus all by our selves!!! We did you proud Mika, even if I say so myself… Don't you just love the way he ends Love Today with: "Zapp zapp da ahhh" or something to that effect at the end? I love it... The reason why I can’t remember the order of the songs was because once Mika had finished singing, HMV played his album straight after and during the signing- which I thought was really good AND most of us were singing along then too!!!

We waited, patiently may I add, in a queue for the signing- there were a few party poopers who very unfairly jumped the queue and joined the section being cleared first. We had 2 people who thought they wouldn’t get a chance to have their copy of the single signed and left!! I felt bad for them since one person, who was diabetic had waited so long and was lined up straight after me missed it. I don’t think the HMV security guards did a good job with the managing of the queue’s- some were rude and crude (don’t ask!). Some people have already mentioned that at one point we were told “no more photos”, I was disheartened at hearing this, but I knew I could rely on the members here to come up with the goods- and it worked out well- thanks to those who did. I think that Mika was being such a good sport doing the signing, I know he is not the first and certainly not the last to cater to his fans- but it really must be draining- he never once stopped smiling and he made an effort at conversing with the fan’s. He told one young (ling!) that he liked the little heart she had drawn on her temple…there was one fan who started to cry- obviously overwhelmed- but then she was spotlighted by one of the security guards, which I thought was mean- but Mika did acknowledge her with a squeeze to her hand- and then looked uncomfortable when he saw that she wasn’t going to stop crying anytime soon. A member of his team (I think) led her from the stage so that was nice of them.

Ahhhh….sorry I was just re-living the moment when it came to my turn- I’d been getting to know another fan, a teaching assistant who wasn’t from London who was telling me about her fantasies with Mika- something to do with signing a normally not seen part of the body!! We all have our quirks… a guard was asking her, her name to spell out for Mika, it was long and he gave up when Mika said “forget about him, just tell me”. The guard rolled his eyes when he heard mine and didn’t attempt to start spelling it (!) it’s not long but foreign- I said hi and started to spell out my name to Mika- and from nowhere I thought I have to say something to him: “Are you going to take up the Mika Medley challenge?”, followed by “I had to ask”. I know crazeeee… He looked taken aback, but recovered quickly, someone from his team heard this and looked puzzled, she wanted to know what it was…then Mika said “Oh I know about this…it’s something on the forum” I carried on spelling my name for him…but he wouldn’t say anything!! Such a teaser!! He just gave this look that said I’m not committing either way- It’s understandable since he doesn’t want to let his fans down by saying no, and commit to something he won’t able to do by saying yes- very diplomatic I thought- I still pushed for a yes or no or maybe- but he didn’t give anything away… He just clamped down on his lips with a knowing smile and raised his eyebrows- sorry guys but I did try!

After that I was totally delirious and happy to have spoken to Mika and have him sign my single- when I got home and told my 4 year daughter what he wrote- “love Mika”- she looked puzzled “Mika loves Mummy?” I wish!!

I can undertsand why you are so giddy, but all is fair in love and war- I queued for ages, but I was considerate enough not to jump queues and I didn't even bother to ask for a second signing (for my friend who couldn't make it) as I knew it was unfair. Also some people left because they thought they wouldn't get a chance- all because of people jumping queue's and taking more then one turn!!!

:roftl: You see, the thing is that I DIDN'T jump the queue, I joined the end of the queue and waited for everybody else to get autographs first!!!! I queued for ages for that!!! And before the performance I was waiting outside FOR 6 HOURS!!!!! I though I deserved a second autograph!!!! :thumb_yello:

But sorry if you feel upset about it!:wink2:

:biggrin2:

I'm so pleased you got to see Mika Akim, and INSANELY JEALOUS!!!!!

Loved reading your story. When is he coming to a record store near me, that's what I want to know, we have a nice brand new shiny HMV here in sunny Wigan, I can start queuing right now, it's no problem...:biggrin2:

Shame Felicia (I assume that's her) couldn't make it, is she very jealous?:naughty:

:biggrin2:

I'm so pleased you got to see Mika Akim, and INSANELY JEALOUS!!!!!

Loved reading your story. When is he coming to a record store near me, that's what I want to know, we have a nice brand new shiny HMV here in sunny Wigan, I can start queuing right now, it's no problem...:biggrin2:

Shame Felicia (I assume that's her) couldn't make it, is she very jealous?:naughty:

Yeah...we can start campaiging for it...what do you think??

Yeah...we can start campaiging for it...what do you think??

Yes, let me start with a little hypnotism::hypo: Come back to Northwest England Mika, Come back to Northwest England Mika, Leeds doesn't count, I can't get to Leeds on a Sunday night , Manchester, Manchester, Manchester on a Saturday night and if you can book me a stretch limo too that'd be nice :hypo:

Yes, let me start with a little hypnotism::hypo: Come back to Northwest England Mika, Come back to Northwest England Mika, Leeds doesn't count, I can't get to Leeds on a Sunday night , Manchester, Manchester, Manchester on a Saturday night and if you can book me a stretch limo too that'd be nice :hypo:

Ha! Ha! Dream on...it's a lovely dream though...

atkim,

What a day for you, well done and , I must say, well done for the cheek to ask him about the medley....that was very shrewd thinking...

he can't answer, he can't commit of course byt it was great to get him thinking ...and he seems to know it exists which is great!

I believe and hope he will ...i trust him to do so...in his own time thoiugh!

Hey! Wasn't sure where to post this, but for anyone who has a myspace account -- Mikey Choi just posted a blog thanking Nel for her beautiful handmade cards! Lucky Nel! :biggrin2:

He wrote:

"... To top it all, each of the MIKA band were given a handmade card from a fan who signed it as "Nel". Obviously a whole lotta time was taken over making these cards, hand embroidered images of our instruments! She nailed blue bass down to a tee!! Whoever you are... thank you soooo much from myself and rest of the band (including Mika)! Mine's on top of my fireplace next to a picture of my mom!

MCx"

How cool is that? I thought I'd let Nel know here, since I'm not sure she's on myspace... :-)

dcdeb

I want to cry for Nel out of JOY IF that makes sense....soo lucky.

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: : :crybaby: :crybaby: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

• 11 months later...