Getting bullied

mellody

I think everyone who has had the guts to share their stories on here deserve a massive hug, and a pat on the back - learning to share experiences, and "put them out there" is one of the most important steps to regaining control of your life. I have a huge admiration for the way people have coped with some horrendous situations, and I wish better for you in the years to come

Yeh well said Wendo :thumb_yello: , awful to read those stories , its brave I agree

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all. When i first opened this threat i thought well why don't i tell everyone about that one time when I was boycotted at school and the other time when I was bullied by this woman at work which didn't last very long.

After reading one and then another and another....of your stories... I'm like wait a minute these are like real bully stories and I feel for all of you. I almost had a tear in my eye going through all your stories. I feel quite crappy at the moment cause of it... things like this wind me up, but am glad that most of you are being quite positive about it. I wish I could give you all a real hug each :emot-sad:

Because of Mika, the other day a friend of mine and myself discussed about bullying. Basically, I asked him what he would do if his child comes home one day and says his being bullied? He jokingly answered after knowing about Mika he'd tell his son not to worry too much cause it builds character. We were laughing about that, but in a way I can see some truths in what he said. You guys sound so strong now, and some of you have done well for yourselves. So well done... :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

So me being the idiot that i am...made a new thread about just this cause i didn't know there was one. So i'll say here what i just said on the other one.

I did...during 6th 7th and 8th grade! It got so bad that one day kids would take my things and throw them out of the bus window and then sings songs about me and about the way...lets just say I wasn't the prettiest person at school, when I would get upset! Kids can be so mean! My sister tells me i had the ugly duckling story because after i got into highschool i grew up...if you know what i mean...and then everyone wanted to be my friend! I still despise all those people who made fun of me but it thought me how to be humble and kind to everyone no matter who they were, even if they were the ones who made fun of me, and it thought me, like Mika says, just being yourself is the best way to go becaust it really does pay off in the end!

So me being the idiot that i am...made a new thread about just this cause i didn't know there was one. So i'll say here what i just said on the other one.

I did...during 6th 7th and 8th grade! It got so bad that one day kids would take my things and throw them out of the bus window and then sings songs about me and about the way...lets just say I wasn't the prettiest person at school, when I would get upset! Kids can be so mean! My sister tells me i had the ugly duckling story because after i got into highschool i grew up...if you know what i mean...and then everyone wanted to be my friend! I still despise all those people who made fun of me but it thought me how to be humble and kind to everyone no matter who they were, even if they were the ones who made fun of me, and it thought me, like Mika says, just being yourself is the best way to go becaust it really does pay off in the end!

That's what I think, you learn from things that have happened to you, and it makes you empathise more with others.

I always try to be kind, you don't know what is happening in other people's lives and sometimes a simple kindness can make all the difference.

I don't always succeed though! :naughty:

That's what I think, you learn from things that have happened to you, and it makes you empathise more with others.

I always try to be kind, you don't know what is happening in other people's lives and sometimes a simple kindness can make all the difference.

I don't always succeed though! :naughty:

haha yeah...sometimes it is hard to be nice to people...but sometimes that's when it means the most. Oh well we can't be perfect

for example:

what happened?

how did/do you deal with it?

if it has been in the past, what influence does it have on your life now?

did it change you and in what way?

haha ummm well a lot of things happened when i was in the primary school. One thing the boys had done to me was throwing my bag from the second floor. What ive done was beating the guy but he was stronger ;] I still remember his nick name 'Prokop' like a Robocop haha. Anyway they were calling me names, doing things with my bag, making fun of me in front of the whole school. and they weren't fond of my blue trousers and few other things. they weren't fond of my style, music taste, everything ;]

the influence would be i am much more open and less shy. strangly it influenced me very positively.

haha ummm well a lot of things happened when i was in the primary school. One thing the boys had done to me was throwing my bag from the second floor. What ive done was beating the guy but he was stronger ;] I still remember his nick name 'Prokop' like a Robocop haha. Anyway they were calling me names, doing things with my bag, making fun of me in front of the whole school. and they weren't fond of my blue trousers and few other things. they weren't fond of my style, music taste, everything ;]

the influence would be i am much more open and less shy. strangly it influenced me very positively.

Argh.

Children just wind me up.

THEY JUST WIND ME UP.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!

Argh.

Children just wind me up.

THEY JUST WIND ME UP.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!

because i was in a sport class. so i wasnt fitting quite well. the thing is my class was the most popular class in the school. like the most exclusive teenagers. if they didnt like you, the whole school didnt like you.

but as i said it influenced me positively cos in the high school i was so hungry for friendships and stuff that i opened myself for people.

because i was in a sport class. so i wasnt fitting quite well. the thing is my class was the most popular class in the school. like the most exclusive teenagers. if they didnt like you, the whole school didnt like you.

but as i said it influenced me positively cos in the high school i was so hungry for friendships and stuff that i opened myself for people.

yeah im definitely a lot more confident than i used to be.

towards the end of senior school i just gave up with arguing back...i gave up with ignoring them...if they said something horrible to me e.g "you f****ing ginger c***" i'd just agree lol "okay!", "yeah thanks!"

yeah im definitely a lot more confident than i used to be.

towards the end of senior school i just gave up with arguing back...i gave up with ignoring them...if they said something horrible to me e.g "you f****ing ginger c***" i'd just agree lol "okay!", "yeah thanks!"

i was doing exactly the opposite haha. at the beginning i was answering back really angry and making things worse. later i decided to laugh at their comments. once they said im a satanist (in a bad sense) cos i had Marilyn Manson badge on my bag. I just laughed and said 'yeah Satan guides me'. I was in a 6th grade so 12 years old. and wasnt listening to Manson. he was just covering the hole :biggrin2:

i was doing exactly the opposite haha. at the beginning i was answering back really angry and making things worse. later i decided to laugh at their comments. once they said im a satanist (in a bad sense) cos i had Marilyn Manson badge on my bag. I just laughed and said 'yeah Satan guides me'. I was in a 6th grade so 12 years old. and wasnt listening to Manson. he was just covering the hole :biggrin2:

lol thats not really opposite...i wasn't really agreeing with them, i dont think im a "f***ing ginger c***" at all rofl but if u just "agree" with them it shuts them up XD

like you. they said ur a Satanist and you "agreed"..."satan guides me" LOL

OMF! calicojasmine, That's aweful! It's so brave that you're so open about it!

*huge hug*

Edit: And I think it's so scary, that no matter how much or little you have been bullied, it's still soemthing that has affected you..

Enfa, I just noticed your lovely response today. Thank you so much!:biggrin2: *humongous hug* I am open about it because I choose to use my experiences to help others, through empathy and education. Also, having been a patient all my life, who better than me to advocate for sick and dying people than myself? I have years and years of experience, both personally and professionally. The old adage "That which doesn't kill you makes you strong" is certainly true! We all have choices in our lives. We can lie down and be our tormentor's doormat or we can stand up, take control and fight back.Obviously I can't speak for anyone else but my decision is crystal clear. I choose the latter every time.:thumb_yello:

Enfa, I just noticed your lovely response today. Thank you so much!:biggrin2: *humongous hug* I am open about it because I choose to use my experiences to help others, through empathy and education. Also, having been a patient all my life, who better than me to advocate for sick and dying people than myself? I have years and years of experience, both personally and professionally. The old adage "That which doesn't kill you makes you strong" is certainly true! We all have choices in our lives. We can lie down and be our tormentor's doormat or we can stand up, take control and fight back.Obviously I can't speak for anyone else but my decision is crystal clear. I choose the latter every time.:thumb_yello:

Thats such a wonderful attitude. I really do admire your strength! I completely agree with that quote..."That which doesn't kill you makes you strong" Absolutely wonderful!

Thats such a wonderful attitude. I really do admire your strength! I completely agree with that quote..."That which doesn't kill you makes you strong" Absolutely wonderful!

Thanks Kjoshi, that's very sweet of you to say that! Y'know, when all is said and done and you can say something like "That which doesn't kill you...." it all seems so easy! But when you're actually enduring all the pain and suffering.... definitely not a whole lot of fun!!!! But it's truly amazing how people tend to underestimate themselves - we have much more resilience, courage and strength than we give ourselves credit for. People worry so much about what would happen to them if they were struck with disaster, and the ensuing destruction. It's all very simple, really. If you fall flat on your face - you get up!

heard heard! I still think it's brave of you! As I wrote, I wasn't bullied, but only teased a lot.. And that was enough, so I think it's cool when ppl who have been bullied like that stand up and help others..

Actually, I just saw 6 little children who was bullying this little girl! Kicking her and beating her! No teachers did anything! We shouted at the little evil b*stards.. Hmm! I hate when kids behave like that!

heard heard! I still think it's brave of you! As I wrote, I wasn't bullied, but only teased a lot.. And that was enough, so I think it's cool when ppl who have been bullied like that stand up and help others..

Actually, I just saw 6 little children who was bullying this little girl! Kicking her and beating her! No teachers did anything! We shouted at the little evil b*stards.. Hmm! I hate when kids behave like that!

That infuriates me when I hear about stuff like that. That just perpetuates the problem when adults ignore it (more like "denial", big time!) Then this whole neurosis branches into kids committing suicide and /or getting their hands on some pretty harsh weapons and going to school and taking out 32 classmates and profs! It's SHEER INSANITY!!!!!!!!! Columbine, Virginia Tech, Dawson College.....ad nauseum.....!!!!! We cannot cannot cannot cannot look away and continue to delude ourselves any longer! This can no longer be termed a problem - it is a tragedy and it has reached EPIDEMIC PROPORTIONS!!!!!!!!! What needs to happen before some serious planning, focusing and legislating takes place?

i used to get bullied by this one girl when i was in elementary school, i swear she used to torment me, i was 2 years younger than her and she'd bruise me up during the bus ride home. 7 years later she has two kids and is quite hefty. karma? i think so! thats mean of mee, but she was a nightmare!

i didnt get bullied in middle school, but i was always so terribly awkward, by high school i said, f*** it im gonna be weird and how i wanna be, and its turned out good ever since!

Elementary school was not fun for me. I used to cry at everything so that didn't help. It was like a game for most people. They would eat my lunch while I was outside for recess, tear pages out of my textbooks, draw in my textbooks, steal my school supplies, signing my name to mean letters they would write to the girl in the class they didn't want to be friends with anymore....There were two boys in my class that were especially mean. They would say mean things, calling me a crybaby or a loser and tell me that my friends were only friends with me because the teachers said so...then around grade 7 and 8, the girls who I thought were my friends started to treat me bad. The one situation that sticks out in my mind (now looking back at it, it's quite funny), we had to make a picture in art class out of different colored beans (don't ask me where the teacher came up with that one). One of the boys who liked to make me cry stole my picture because he didn't make one and signed his name to it!! Then my "friends" and I got into a huge fight and started to throw the beans at each other. I remember crying (of course) and yelling back at the teacher. I didn't end up getting into trouble though..

To this day, I still have dreams where I meet up with those boys and usually end up beating them up for what they did. Not the greatest way to solve the problem, I know but that's what happens.

High school was good. No one bothered me and I was friends with people who everyone knew, they were so friendly to everyone no matter how old you were or how you dressed. It was nice.

My younger sister is soooo shy and very self conscious. One day I was telling her some stories about the crazy things my friends and I had done and the reactions we sometimes got from people. She asked me "How do you not care what people think of you?" I just told her, life is too short to worry what other people think. Do you're own thing as long as it makes you happy. If people think I'm crazy, well good for them. I am having a great time and that's all that matters. Besides, most people aren't even paying attention or they are too worried about what YOU think about them. If you don't like what I'm doing, don't look!!!:biggrin2::thumb_yello:

i used to get bullied by this one girl when i was in elementary school, i swear she used to torment me, i was 2 years younger than her and she'd bruise me up during the bus ride home. 7 years later she has two kids and is quite hefty. karma? i think so! thats mean of mee, but she was a nightmare!

i didnt get bullied in middle school, but i was always so terribly awkward, by high school i said, f*** it im gonna be weird and how i wanna be, and its turned out good ever since!

Hey Valv,you are so right on the money about Karma. People really do get what's coming to them. It may not happen that day, that week, month or year, but at some point the universe has it's way of righting the wrongs. I will give you an incredibly sad example:

I was molested by a neighbourhood kid when I was 5 years old (he was babysitting.) I never told anyone about it until much, much later, when I was an adult. In any case, many years later, when this man was all grown up and had kids of his own, he was living in Canada and was going down to the States to visit one of his sons. He was waiting at the airport for his son to pick him up, but his son never showed up. That's because his son was killed in a car crash on his way to the airport to get his dad. Now this man has to live with not only a terrible tragic loss but I'm sure he must feel a helluva lot of guilt, too.

Justin Timberlake must've had kind of had an epiphany when he wrote the song "What Goes Around...." Even though we may feel some sense of satisfaction or revenge to see our abuser "get his', it's all still very, very sad for all concerned. But at least in my case there is some good news. I didn't let this guy destroy my life.

First of all... I really admire all of you, for having get through it and for having the courage to say it here.

Two years ago, a guy killed many of his classmates here, in Argentina. All the country was shocked... they blamed the music he listened and that sort of nonsense. Most people didn't think that he actually did it for some reason (I'm not saying that what he did was ok, never!).

I really can't speak for him, because I wasn't there, but I DO know that kids can be extremely hurtful and grown-ups don't do anything to stop it.

I was verbally bullied when I was 9-14 years old, they weren't horrible things, but they did affect me as I always was a very sensitive person.

First it was because my nose used to be red (specially in spring and autumn 'cause I'm allergic)- (so, besides the pain I also had to cope with their jokes), then a guy called me dinosaur because I was fat...

When I was abt 12 a group of classmates started to talk behind my back (Hearing them was quite disgusting!). It was my hair, me being childish, getting good marks, old-fashioned.. I dunno really.:tears:

The last person who bullied me, was actually my "ex-best friend" who laughed abt the music I like, my insecurity, that i didn't have boyfriend (-oh! So u are lasbian or a nun!- (Which is 100% Ok if u are) But she knew me, and he just said it out-loud just to make fun of me.)

Thank god, I had a great time this last 3 years, when I started (senior school?).

I suppose it has affected me badly in some ways... I'm quite shy and I tend to keep secrets from people I dont't trust A LOT (everybody except my family, my dog and my best friends).

But, on the other hand, I like being myself and I try to be a good person. Listening to music (specially Queen at those times), talking with my loved-ones, playing guitar and writing helped, and help, me a lot everytime I feel down. :original:

BIG, BIG HUGS to you all! You are great people! :huglove:

PS: Thanks, it's been a long time since I last talked abt this. It feels better now.

First of all... I really admire all of you, for having get through it and for having the courage to say it here.

Two years ago, a guy killed many of his classmates here, in Argentina. All the country was shocked... they blamed the music he listened and that sort of nonsense. Most people didn't think that he actually did it for some reason (I'm not saying that what he did was ok, never!).

I really can't speak for him, because I wasn't there, but I DO know that kids can be extremely hurtful and grown-ups don't do anything to stop it.

I was verbally bullied when I was 9-14 years old, they weren't horrible things, but they did affect me as I always was a very sensitive person.

First it was because my nose used to be red (specially in spring and autumn 'cause I'm allergic)- (so, besides the pain I also had to cope with their jokes), then a guy called me dinosaur because I was fat...

When I was abt 12 a group of classmates started to talk behind my back (Hearing them was quite disgusting!). It was my hair, me being childish, getting good marks, old-fashioned.. I dunno really.:tears:

The last person who bullied me, was actually my "ex-best friend" who laughed abt the music I like, my insecurity, that i didn't have boyfriend (-oh! So u are lasbian or a nun!- (Which is 100% Ok if u are) But she knew me, and he just said it out-loud just to make fun of me.)

Thank god, I had a great time this last 3 years, when I started (senior school?).

I suppose it has affected me badly in some ways... I'm quite shy and I tend to keep secrets from people I dont't trust A LOT (everybody except my family, my dog and my best friends).

But, on the other hand, I like being myself and I try to be a good person. Listening to music (specially Queen at those times), talking with my loved-ones, playing guitar and writing helped, and help, me a lot everytime I feel down. :original:

BIG, BIG HUGS to you all! You are great people! :huglove:

PS: Thanks, it's been a long time since I last talked abt this. It feels better now.

*MEGA HUG TO YOU JU.Thulc.-girl * Thank you for sharing. That is the secret to giving and receiving help. And with all the beautiful people here in MFC we can all truly benefit.:thumb_yello:

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I had a really hard time with my family where it got so bad it was hard to living at all...but you stick through what ever is going on and just go day by day. Eventually it get's better, you just have to have hope

i was never bullied physically. i was just bullied with words and teased. i was a bit strange and people thought i was wierd. i was alone a lot, but i made friends so it eventually wasnt bad!! good friends can cure anything!! poor mika! at least its over and hes happy now, cuz thas all i want for him!! im sure he has lotsa friends now!!! yayy!

bullies are absolutely horrid and i HATE them!!!!!

*MEGA HUG TO YOU JU.Thulc.-girl * Thank you for sharing. That is the secret to giving and receiving help. And with all the beautiful people here in MFC we can all truly benefit.:thumb_yello:

I know! All of you have been really nice to me... Thanks a lot! You are amazing! :cheerful_h4h: