2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many minutes till the gig heheh??? too many !!!!!

mm what time do doors open? 7.30? so we got like.. 18 hours 5 mins.. which is 1085 mins lol.. u going to bed anytime soon steph?

okay. Last night (Lily) was AMAZING. I have high expectations for tonight...the venue and everything was perfect. Probably the best atmosphere Ive ever experienced at a gig, even Lily started crying because the crowd were so great.

Few pointers (Ive only had a few hours sleep so bear with me)

COBBLES. The street we have to wait on iscobbled and pretty painful to sit on after a while so try and bring something (even if its just a jacket) to sit on becuase after yesterday i have cobble shaped indentations on my backside i think.

TESCO. Theres a Tesco pratically next door with a good snacks section.

TOILETS. Nearest are Charring Cross Station I think (10 min walk)

CAMERAS. They did very brief bag checks and let us take them in. When we were inside a security guy said by artist requests, no photos. No one took notice so I took loads of pics :)

THEIR CAMERAS. Lots of crowd photos from photographers and the filming cameras. Theres one camera on the left side of the stage, one at the back of the stage, one at the back of the crowd and probably a few more i didnt see.

QUEUE. We couldnt get there till just after 5, there were only bout 15 people in front of us and we managed to get front row, to the side of the stage.

SOUNDCHECK. The queue is just at the very back of where the crowd is with just a barrier covered in white plastic to conseal it. We could hear soundcheck at about 6.30 (And everyone had a shouting conversation with her)

TIMES. Support came on about 8:30 till 9. She came on stage just after 9:30 and was on for about an hour and 20 mins (10:50)

That's all I can think of at the moment...i'm so tired and aching. My voice has gone but i'm soooo ready for today :)

Aww wow! Can't believe it's today! My appendix seems OK (though I was scared it was playing up this morning) but my mum gave me the day off 'just in case' so I'll be up there earlier anyway!! Can't wait!

Thanks for the report Jennie - really useful :thumb_yello:. I'm less worried now about not being in the queue until after 6 pm. I accept that I can't be right at the front, but I don't want to end up too far back!

See you all later (should be able to leave work in about an hour and a half!) :biggrin2:

hi people! have just come back from somerset house.. i'll write a report tomorrow as i'm in soooo much pain.. and rani i didn't manage to get your autograph yet again grrr... turned out mika had left in the van.. either that or the security guys were messing with us, i can't tell whether they're being sarcastic or not :blink:

Oh no! He just left? That sucks! Well, I hope he put on a great show! I can't wait to hear all about it. Get some sleep hun! :biggrin2:

yup :( silly man lol.. yeah he did an excellent job.. and u know those big white letters they always use, they gave them away so some lucky people got to take them home *sigh*

hi people! have just come back from somerset house.. i'll write a report tomorrow as i'm in soooo much pain.. and rani i didn't manage to get your autograph yet again grrr... turned out mika had left in the van.. either that or the security guys were messing with us, i can't tell whether they're being sarcastic or not :blink:

we were not sure about that either in paris. so we kept waiting just in case...