2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

great report RAK1, thanx so much for telling us! i so wish i was here too...sigh...do you know if someone has filmed the gig for any tv programme?

so, while you were enjoying our wonderful man and his band, i was in a cold cinema to watch (again) Harry Potter in english.:boxed:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello i'm back with some pics, also forgot to mention watching the sound check on the screen while in the queue, i sat up on the wall so i could see mika on the stage but after a minute was told to get down :thumbdown:

[ATTACH]3602[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3604[/ATTACH]

I have to say, it was the best one yet. He went all out on this one, he called it his own little festival. The pre show was fantastic. While we were waitng to get in we were entertained by jugglers, balloon artists, people on stiilts (the tea lady was hysterical ) women waving big silver and gold ribbons loke the gymnasts do and a brass band.

When we got in we all seemed to get good places, I got separated from the others, but I managed to get to the front by the steps in

front of the stage. This turned out to be a VERY good place to be as both Patrick Wolf and Mika spent many times standing at the top dancing around.

Mr Wolfs set was outstanding and I never realised how nice he was (he also had a cute trombonist), at one point some shouted out "do Childcatcher" but he declined as there were too many kids in the audience.

When Mika came on he was totally mindblowing he did the usual set (without I want you back this time) probably because he did You've Got The Love (brought back memories of a sweaty dance tent in Glastonbury ).

Luke got to play piano for Over My Shoulder, as Mika sung at the mic. Some really ignorant people behind were talking through it, were's Brian May when you need him!

The O from LOVE actually was taken by anyone, Mika dropped it down in front of the steps and as temtping as it was to ask The Iceman (he was standing in front of me the whole time) to pass it over, theres no way I could have got it home (wish I'd bought my van now).

Lollipop was stunning, everything AND the kitchen sink was thrown into it, and Mika was wearing a black and red drum majors with M on each arm and REBELS on the back, and a top hat. One hell of a way to finish.

thanks thanks thanks!

tell me...what about the flag? :bleh:

thanks for the videos! my god, the ringmaster outfit is absolutely mind blowing!! :biggrin2: I SO wanna a pic of that..

lollipop in somerset house looks like the best L ever!

allow me a little swooning: I think i have got a thing for his legs.. :wub2: he's got really beautiful, long legs.. most sexy. yum! :blush-anim-cl:

thx for the reports, everyone!

now I am also curious to see kakolondon's pic :biggrin2:

alan cumming?? how cool is that!!?? :punk: love him!! awww mika's got taste in picking his friends! wooohooo...

thanks for the videos! my god, the ringmaster outfit is absolutely mind blowing!! :biggrin2: I SO wanna a pic of that..

lollipop in somerset house looks like the best L ever!

allow me a little swooning: I think i have got a thing for his legs.. :wub2: he's got really beautiful, long legs.. most sexy. yum! :blush-anim-cl:

thx for the reports, everyone!

now I am also curious to see kakolondon's pic :biggrin2:

alan cumming?? how cool is that!!?? :punk: love him!! awww mika's got taste in picking his friends! wooohooo...

i'll see kokolondon for real tomorrow....ulp! i'll keep you updated, dear friend!

btw, do come!!! to see kokolondon of course.....:wink2:

hehe o.c. mika's being there wouldn't have anything to do with it.. :biggrin2:

as I posted in the florence thread, sadly no, I won't come. I am SO glad he'll be there for ya all! if you meet him, pls do say hello from me, even if he won't remember me at all :biggrin2:

you have the most possible fun and when he'll play sitm, think of me :tears:

lollipop in somerset house looks like the best L ever!QUOTE]

[ATTACH]3613[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3614[/ATTACH]

just for you :biggrin2: