2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My report;

We got to Somerset House at 5:30ish in our costumes after a few funny looks on the way there and joined the end of the queue (I thought it was long then!) I went up and said hi to Sara and Bexxy, and I would have had a chat but I'd left my sister plus I was getting shy lol :biggrin2:

We heard Mika rehearsing on stage and I was watching through a reflection in a window (thanks to the girls infront of us :biggrin2:) and I was happily singing along (sorry for those that heard me).

The entertainment people came along and made my lil sis a balloon flower bracelet and me a balloon hat with a flower.

Then we moved along and I went to buy a rosette for me and my sis but the lady had no change so went of and we went in without a rosette :no:

I spoke to the security people about getting my sister a place closer to the front but they said (even though on the phone and when we arrived they said we could get it sorted) they can't, even though we had proof of her disability. So we just went and got good spot (middle about 7 rows back) and waited for the first act to come on.

Patrick Wolf came on and he was good, but Paige was getting impatient and said her back was hurting so she decided to use me as a leaning post.

After Patrick Wolf finished we waited for what seemed like ages for Mika to come on, in which time Paige told me she wanted to go home. She didn't get anywhere though.

He came on and sang Relax and me and Paige were singing and clapping. I filmed some songs and took some pictures. I didn't think I'd be that lively because I'd never been to a gig before, but I was proved wrong :biggrin2:

It was amazing. I didn't really want it to end, but when it did, both me and my sister left on a high. We bought a T Shirt each from outside and it turned out my mum and my little brother got tickets and came in during Big Girl and ended up getting closer to the front than we did!

We got on the train and some girl asked where we'd been and we explained. One wasn't sure who he was, and the other two said about Grace Kelly and then they started singing. At first we were to shy to join in then we did and we sang some of Grace Kelly/Love Today and then the beginning of Big Girl. Most people were watching smiling but this one guy gave us a dirty look. But then again, he'd been picking his nose and eating it (seriously) so he couldn't really say anything.

We got home (freezing cold) around 1:30 but it was worth it :biggrin2:

I'll post pictures and video's soon.

Nice report thanks , looking forward to your pics :biggrin2:

I imagine that being said like David Walliams in Little Britain!

HAHAHAHAAHAAA ...... :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

OMG!!! 900 posts! Yay me! (Okay, I'll stay on topic now!)

YYAAAAAAAYYYY TEEGS !!!!! (I always forget when my number changes ... I totally missed 2,000 :shocked: ) !!!

Yeh thats where it came from :biggrin2:

I love that show (yes I know, off topic again)...

happikali: getting close to 1000 now!!! Very excited! :punk:

Okay... back on topic now!

Anyone heard from Steph, or were they there when Mika got the braces???

We weren't asleep, we weren't at home near our PCs..............

But you had to come home immediately and tell us everything...:blink:

We were/are dying here...:roftl:

Sorry that was me, not him :roftl:

Still a bit tired! Didn't get home till 3am and then too awake to sleep!

Well, it was an amazing day! Really great to meet everyone *waves* :wink2:

Patrick Wolf was great and Mika really was on top form. It really was a special day, and Mika had really gone to town on this one :D I will do a better write up later with pics - we got some great ones ;) ... just a taster...

mikaelliott092.jpg

Have to go pick the kids up now, go shopping and then to the school play... back to the real world again... :wink2:

More later :biggrin2:

Patrick Wolf was great and Mika really was on top form. It really was a special day, and Mika had really gone to town on this one :D I will do a better write up later with pics - we got some great ones ;) ... just a taster...

mikaelliott092.jpg

Have to go pick the kids up now, go shopping and then to the school play... back to the real world again...

*waits*:biggrin2:

yeh very close to 1000!!!!:biggrin2:

I'm very surprised at how fast I got that many...

I told my sis how many you had and she said you have no life... that came from a Harry Potter freak BTW...

*slaps hand* no more off topicness!

Nice picky , pleased you had fun

mikaelliott092.jpg

Have to go pick the kids up now, go shopping and then to the school play... back to the real world again... :wink2:

Best gig ever :yay: until Mika went on stage that is!! :sneaky2:

10 minutes of craptactular techno and a green umbrella seemed to be the highlight :boxed:

Meeting the apples and Big Girl & Holy Johnny was my personal highlight, along with the fab performance from Patrick Wolf and the trip home :arf2:

10 minutes of craptactular techno and a green umbrella seemed to be the highlight :boxed:

Meeting the apples and Big Girl & Holy Johnny was my personal highlight, along with the fab performance from Patrick Wolf and the trip home :arf2:

Pyh, that's nice to know! Did you bring rotten tomatoes? :arf2:

I never know if your serious or not :shocked: