2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best gig ever :yay: until Mika went on stage that is!! :sneaky2:

10 minutes of craptactular techno and a green umbrella seemed to be the highlight :boxed:

Meeting the apples and Big Girl & Holy Johnny was my personal highlight, along with the fab performance from Patrick Wolf and the trip home :arf2:

Really? What's so good about the green umbrella? (please tell me it glowed in the dark... I like glow in the dark things! :naughty: )

At least you got to meet the others... even if the gig was crap...

Surprised there aren't more reports on here yet. But here's mine ...

We only decided to get tickets on Thursday - came up on e-bay at less than face value (sorry BG & HJ!) so decided to risk it even though they were e-tickets. Cos we were so late couldn't get the day off work, but managed to leave at 2.30pm. Drove down to Wembley Park and then got the tube in. I wanted to get in the queue straight away, but Simon insisted we got something proper to eat, so found a pasta place along the Strand ... I ate very quickly! 'No, no desserts, no coffees ... just the bill!' Got to the venue about 6.30 pm. I thought the queues would be massive by that time, but they weren't too bad at all. There were two queues - one to the left and one to the right, we were sent over to the left hand queue, so I didn't get to meet anyone over on the right (could see Sara over there). I recognised Kata from Birmingham and said hello. Also met up with Christel (TTel) (was great to meet you thanks for sending me your number). Christel introduced me to some others from here … but sorry can’t remember all the names. As others have said, loads of entertainment whilst we were queuing, jugglers, stilt walkers … oh and not forgetting Mika’s sound checks!

They didn’t let us in until around 8.45 pm … I was really nervous when they scanned our tickets, the first one was fine, but the second one made the wrong noise … but then she scanned it again, and it was fine – yeah we were in. Headed straight down to the stage, ended up about 6 rows back. Much better spot than I dreamed we’d get. Only disappointment was that I didn't have my camera with me (cos someone had lent it to his brother to take boring pictures of an airshow :boxed:) so no pics from me I'm afraid.

Patrick Wolf was excellent – enjoyed his performance a lot. And as for Mika …. well he just keeps on getting better! Loved it all, but especially Love Today … I thought his cover of ‘You’ve got the Love’ worked better than the Jackson's ‘ Want you Back’ that he had performed previously. Was good to hear ‘Over My Shoulder’ again, but lots of people talking through it again, personally, mush I as I love to hear it performed, I don’t think it will ever work live … it’s definitely an album track only.

Mika thanked everyone for dressing up (though I was disappointed that more people hadn’t).

What else … oh yes, just before ‘Grace Kelly’ Mika said how they had, had problems over the last few weeks, but he recognised quite a few of us, and pointed down where a lot of the MFCers were standing, and said that he didn’t want to let us down and this was one gig he had been determined would go ahead (or words to that effect).

Didn’t get to stay around afterwards so missed saying bye to people (or meeting Mika) as we had a long drive up the M1 – turned out to be a long time sitting parked on the M1 … not fun at 1 o’clock in the morning! Finally crawled into bed at 2 am … sorry didn’t have the energy to switch on the computer when I got in!

All in all the best gig yet! Glad I got to be there. Great to meet some more MFcers … even if only briefly. And also spent the evening with some wonderful Mika virgins … who I’m sure will be buying tickets today for November’s gigs … hello Adrienne and Adam if you’re reading!

Here! Loud! yupp live indeed! I can hereby confirm he is alive :shocked:

But! I've been looking forward to see a corpse :tears:

Okay, not funny.

So, more reports??

Like, what did you do afterwards??? Where did you all go?

come on kata :bleh: u pretty much looked like u were enjoying yourself yesterday! don't lie to us :naughty:

I had a great time, I really did! Just Mika wasn't the highlight :blink:

What else … oh yes, just before ‘Grace Kelly’ Mika said how they had, had problems over the last few weeks, but he recognised quite a few of us, and pointed down where a lot of the MFCers were standing, and said that he didn’t want to let us down and this was one gig he had been determined would go ahead (or words to that effect).

So he's trying to imply he went through his headlining gig at Somerset House just to make it up to the fans? :naughty: