Mika break

JackViolet

so far I haven't felt the need yet for a mikabreak! it's been about a month now that I listen to his music every day and all day long... I wonder if I will ever be sick of it!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only managed 2 days without Mika so far and that was when I was on holiday and didn't use the car.

I put a different CD in the car yesterday and my kids complained and begged to have Mika back, so I just had to give in!:naughty:

I have been listening to LICM everyday...on the way to work on the way back..on my break at work...at home on my pc...on every car journey i have to make.

Was a little embarassing today as i left for work with my ipod + headphones on its usually a little quiet lane i have to take so off i go on my short walk and ofcourse i was singing , (who wouldnt right its a quiet lane no one except me uses it)

Well about half way to work i hear something and turn around only to my horror theres been someone following behind me all the way to work!!! I could have died right there on the spot!!:blush-anim-cl:

But i still wont stop listening to Mika and i dont want to take a break either :thumb_yello:

You're so right, we shouldn't be ashamed, after all, who wants to be a boring oldie with no sense of fun (not me) but it just amazes me that no musician/popstar has had this effect on me since I was 14 and that is 24 years ago.....

It's madness!!!!!!!:roftl: But it keeps you young eh?

Ha, I'm 38 too. I wouldn't say I'm quite as mental as I was at 14 but I've been on a real Mika binge since I saw him in March. The concert was way beyond expectations and he's such an interesting character I like seeing all his interviews.

The first concert I went to, at 14, was Rick Springfield. On the way to the stadium I ran into a scalper who agreed to exchange our tickets for $10 and we ended up with front row seats. If I wasn't obsessed with him before, I sure was after! I also became a real prima donna and would only go to concerts if I could get tickets in the first 10 rows because I wanted to see my favorite pop/rock stars up close.

The other person I was obsessed with at that age was Tim Curry from Rocky Horror. I have heard that they are planning to do a sequel to the play in London's West End and the minute I saw Mika I thought he should star in it. I can't see him running around in a corset or anything ridiculous, but he's got the looks, the facial expressions and of course the voice. Even if he just collaborated on the music it would be fantastic.

I just spent 3 days in brighton with a dead ipod.........but i could listen to Grace Kelly when my phone rang, and there were plenty of people walking around wearing braces so i wouldnt really call it a break :naughty: i dont think i need one myself :wink2:

So since I've annoyed the heck out of everyone ever since finding Mika by talking about him nonstop, I tried to regain some control over my life, and very resolutely did not listen to any of his music (well, almost... I didn't listen to LCIM anyway) over the last 2-3 days. And then I thought, "well! I don't have the urge to go MikaMikaMikaMikaMikaMikaMika anymore. Quite all right, jolly good!"

Then I popped in LCIM.

And of course immediately I was all "Mika Mika Mika Mika Mika Mika Miiiiiiiiiikkkkkaaaaa" again. (Actual quote from an email I had been writing to friend at the time "Grace Kelly" started to play. Poor friend.)

Anyone else have any better success at taking breaks from this? :wink2:

Also, Mika: good job on the stage name. The last musician I was obsessed with was named Marc, and his name was likewise very good for repetition: Marc Marc Marc Marc Marc MarcMarcMarc. I think the "M" names work well for chanty obsessiveness.

I've the same problem :shocked:

After Milan concert I'm a bit depressed...I miss him...I've tried to detoxificate myself...but none...I listen mika sounds in every breath of the leaves, in the waves, in the birds singing in the early morning... I've got the MikaAche...and it's a chronic illness:boxed:

Mika is like a virus. Not only can't I stop myself from listening to it 24/7 but I'm fixated on spreading it to others. I was fearful that I might get sick of LICM but c'monnn thats just down right impossible!!

My FAVORITE time to listen to Mika would be when I have to walk the 2 miles home from school. I live in a big busy town I just choose to walk for fun =] the Mika music keeps me goin'

So since I've annoyed the heck out of everyone ever since finding Mika by talking about him nonstop, I tried to regain some control over my life, and very resolutely did not listen to any of his music (well, almost... I didn't listen to LCIM anyway) over the last 2-3 days. And then I thought, "well! I don't have the urge to go MikaMikaMikaMikaMikaMikaMika anymore. Quite all right, jolly good!"

Then I popped in LCIM.

And of course immediately I was all "Mika Mika Mika Mika Mika Mika Miiiiiiiiiikkkkkaaaaa" again. (Actual quote from an email I had been writing to friend at the time "Grace Kelly" started to play. Poor friend.)

Anyone else have any better success at taking breaks from this? :wink2:

Also, Mika: good job on the stage name. The last musician I was obsessed with was named Marc, and his name was likewise very good for repetition: Marc Marc Marc Marc Marc MarcMarcMarc. I think the "M" names work well for chanty obsessiveness.

I recently went on a Mika-Break alsooooo. Insane! I listened to 3 other albums before returning to LICM. Upon listening to Mika the first time after breaking, I experienced such a refreshment and I smiled nonstop for quite some time. :roftl: It seemed to have brought back the 'new' feeling I felt when I first heard the album.

I do believe you'r going about this all wrong. Giving up Mika all at once for a entire week? that's crazy talk. Instead i give up a bit each day, like Mika portion control.

yay! first post in a forum. EVEER!

Omg this is MAJOR! Keep posting. Never stop!

hehe i was so nervous that i'd annoy people or something, but that's what i like about other Mika fans, your all so nice and different :thumb_yello:

If you're a Mika fan.. you're a friend in these forums!

Mika fans are a, erm, special kind of people. =] We're all just a little insane.

If you're a Mika fan.. you're a friend in these forums!

Mika fans are a, erm, special kind of people. =] We're all just a little insane.

I could not agree more:wink2: I think this is the friendliest forum ever:groupwave:

and I think we are all a little insane but in a very good wayFeels so good to be insane:toot:

Wow you are a stronger person then me. The thought of a Mika-break sends shudders down my spine. No way!!!

Yes i drive my family and friends nuts, and they think i have been possessed by a 15 year old, but never mind.

I am a bowie fan, when im not being distracted by Mika. And we are used to being obsessed, and having friends roll there eyes everytime you mention his name.

I case you dont know, Bowie fans usually have 3xs of the same album, (record, CD, tape) at least, and more if there are bonus tracks involved lol.

What does interest me, is I have noticed a lot of the people attracted to Mika are 30ish women. I would have expected a younger crowd.

Maybe its a style of music we remember from our youth, but were too young to take part of. Just a thought.

Wow you are a stronger person then me. The thought of a Mika-break sends shudders down my spine. No way!!!

Yes i drive my family and friends nuts, and they think i have been possessed by a 15 year old, but never mind.

I am a bowie fan, when im not being distracted by Mika. And we are used to being obsessed, and having friends roll there eyes everytime you mention his name.

I case you dont know, Bowie fans usually have 3xs of the same album, (record, CD, tape) at least, and more if there are bonus tracks involved lol.

What does interest me, is I have noticed a lot of the people attracted to Mika are 30ish women. I would have expected a younger crowd.

Maybe its a style of music we remember from our youth, but were too young to take part of. Just a thought.

Yes, why does he appeal so much to us thirtysomethings? I have thought a lot about this and still can't come up with a rational explanation! Although my husband just suspects I'm entering my mid-life crisis phase (grrrr)..

My good friend (NOT a Mika fan, I'm sad for her) just says to me "But he's a BOY not a MAN!!" No, no, no, he is definitely a man I tell her :blush-anim-cl: but tbh I never really bother much about his age, in the same way I don't relate to my own age. I just love his persona and his attitude and his music and this transcends age.:cool:

Ha, I'm 38 too. [...]The other person I was obsessed with at that age was Tim Curry from Rocky Horror. I have heard that they are planning to do a sequel to the play in London's West End and the minute I saw Mika I thought he should star in it. I can't see him running around in a corset or anything ridiculous, but he's got the looks, the facial expressions and of course the voice. Even if he just collaborated on the music it would be fantastic.

...I love Tim Curry! He's great! And I agree what you say here... :)

I do believe you'r going about this all wrong. Giving up Mika all at once for a entire week? that's crazy talk. Instead i give up a bit each day, like Mika portion control.

yay! first post in a forum. EVEER!

You're welcome :wink2:

And...I'll try to follow your healthy treatment...:roftl:

I have to thank Mika because I know it'll be impossible for me to meet any artist I love or loved because they are dead,or sick,or retired from their career, or too far..

to see Mika on the stage, in front of me, meant very much!!! He can make me the happiest girl in the world..