Mika in Chicago!

dcdeb

Honestly, Mika's concert in Chicago tonight was the best concert I will ever attend in my entire life!!! He had sooo much energy and was jumping around like a madman throughout his songs :naughty: He kept smiling so much throughout the concert too because of how much we were cheering him and how he was so taken aback by how much we loved him :wub2: I also got my shoe signed by him after the concert!! Woohoo, never washing those shoes again! I felt like a 12 year old little fanatic schoolgirl. But honestly, I have not been this happy in such a long time and I have Mika to thank for that :mf_lustslow: I will definitely not be able to sleep tonight

Yay!!!!!!!! I'm happy for ya!!!:)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay I'm back and I'll post my report now even though it's 4 in the morning. I'm afraid I'll forget. It's LONG, I warn you, I like details, lol.

All right, we got there at about 4:45 ish and there were some people there, but not too many. I saw Mika get out of his van and walk in. I was the only one from my group that saw him, lol. I also saw Yasmine, she's gorgeous. While we waited a bunch of people walked by and was like, 'Who's Mika?' I explained to some people, lol, couldn't keep my mouth shut. Also I overheard one employee say to another, 'Who's this Mika guy? He's got so many people here, and I've never heard of him!' It was nice to hear from an employee that the crowd was pretty impressive. Anyway, we waited two hours and finally got in. I was pretty close, like 2nd row but sorta got pushed to the 3rd, lol. Anyway, we waited in there and Sara came out. She's pretty amazing and very nice. We talked to her later as she was leaving. Then we waited for what seemed like forever for Mika. People started chanting 'Mika!' and FINALLY the concert started. I couldn't even hear my own voice 'cause everyone was so loud. Mika was even surprised at it. After 'Relax, Take It Easy' Mika kinda looked at Martin like, 'Wow.' Then before he played 'My Interpretation' he said 'Why do they always have me facing the wall!? Every night I'm always singing to Martin!' Then Martin put his finger up like 'Shhhh'. So then Mika turned his keyboard toward the audience, right directly toward my way. We definitely made eye-contact a few times, lol. It was funny. Then he started talking about how it's so nice to come to a place where he's never been and have the crowd be so great. He also said they he lives on planes and it can get tiring but having crowds like this make it all worthwhile. I thought that was really nice of him. Oh yeah, and he was wearing glitter all over, lol. I was thinking, 'That's going to be hard to get off!' I can't remember the exact order he played the songs he could have said that later. I don't think it really matters, lol. Anyway, after 'Big Girl' he actually picked up one of the big girls which was kinda funny and surprising since I didn't think he was that strong, lol. He did two covers: 'Sweet Dreams' and ?. Sorry I can't think right now, lol. He also did 'Holy Johnny' Oh, I figured I should mention that I was right in front of Martin, and I think I paid more attention to him some of the time 'cause he has so much fun while he's up there. Actually, all of them do but yeah, it was really nice to see that. He also smiled at me a couple times which was also nice, lol. I took videos of the covers, some of 'Happy Ending' with friend from college/lollipop girl/more than friend? I don't know, I'm NOT spreading rumors, but I think there's something there. :wink2: I also got 'Ring, Ring', parts of 'Love Today'. Yes, the shirtless parts, lol. Which, by the way, I think Mika sorta messed the beginning up or something 'cause it was different and Martin and Mikey were kinda looking at Mika funny. My friend took all the pictures and I took videos that's why I don't have any pictures and I will do the videos later. So then they did 'Grace Kelly' which was really good, and then they all left to go change. People actually thought they were done but I was like, 'No, just wait.' So Mika came out as a cow, Cherisse as a rabbit, Luke as Tigger, and Martin as a chipmunk? It looked like a chipmunk anyway. Cherisse also had a blow-up Chicago Cubs bat which was neat and she hit all of them with it. Then they did 'Lollipop'. We were right by the bubble machine and the security guard was like, 'You might want to duck' and we were like, 'Why'?' and then all these bubbles starting shooting out and then we understood, lol. The lollipop girls were these little girls, I don't know who they were but they definitely weren't the regular ones. Anyway, the balloons and confetti came and we went outside to wait for Mika along with tons of other people. Finally, more people left, and then the band came out. I really, really, REALLY wanted a picture with Luke :wub2:. But they were in a hurry and this lady and her kids were soooo pushy they got like 6 or 7 different pictures. They were like hogging them so I went up to Luke and said, 'Can't I get a picture really quick?' and he was like, 'Oh, sure' so he put his arm around me and then said, 'Why don't you move over in the middle, you know, to balance the picture out.' Haha, he's always thinking. So I went to his other side, and it was just me and the band. Well what do you know? The WHOLE GROUP I was with gets in the picture too! lol It was PERFECT, just me and the band and then all these people jumped in and Luke was like, 'Whoa!' and then I didn't even get a picture on my camera but someone else did and they should be sending it to me. I'm not even looking, I'm looking at Luke. But yeah once all those people came, Luke was like, 'Uh, we gotta go!' I think we overwhelmed him! Then they all got into a van, and he stuck his out the front (from the back) and said bye, he was looking at me, I think, so I'm gonna keep believing he was talking to me, lol. So then the security guards are telling us to keep moving (down the street). But one of the girls I was with starting talking to one of them and was like, 'Seriously, is Mika coming out? We sorta have a long drive' and he told us to wait around a little longer. So we all line up along this door for awhile. We saw Mika's mom in a cab talking on her cell phone, and the pushy lady I was talking about earlier kept yelling things at her so Mika's mom rolled up the window! :roftl: I was glad she did that 'cause some of those people have no respect. So then Yasmine came out, and they were talking to two guys and hugged them both and got into the cab. I smiled and waved and Mika's mom waved back. At that time the security people told us to move another door to line up and of course, even though we were toward the front of the first line, we were last in the second line. Mika came out and started signing stuff. I should mention there were two very drunk girls in front of us in line, and they were acting ridiculous. One even had this shirt on that said something like 'Young, Willing, and Eager'...that's classy. Anyway, they got up there and were slurring their speech and screwed up the first picture and Mika looked sooo annoyed. I don't blame him either...they were annoying me too. Finally our group got up there, and I was toward the end. So I finally get up there, and Mika said hello or something and went to like hug me or something which he didn't do to the others. I think it was 'cause right before that the security was talking about how it reminded him of the time he waited to meet Bon Jovi, lol. The security guards were entertaining. Anyway, I said something like I'd wait all night to meet Mika, and maybe he heard me, I don't know. So he was about to hug me and stupid me didn't know what was going on so I hand him my CD to sign before he could hug me!:doh: So he asked me how to spell my name, signed the CD and then I said, 'Can I ask you a quick question?' And he said, 'Sure' (of course, I had tons of questions going through my head) but I ended up asking if he still reads the forums. He said, 'Yeah, but I can't read everything.' and I said, 'I don't either.' Then he said, 'I don't have time, and besides I think I'd go mad!' Then I said something really dumb I think, I don't even remember and started walking away WHILE MIKA WAS STILL TALKING TO ME! I don't know what I was thinking! I guess 'cause the poor boy look so tired. I mean I was dead tired, and I didn't even have to perform! I just didn't want to keep him too long, his van was waiting, and I just wanted to leave him alone. So I didn't hear what else he said, and I hope he didn't think I wasn't interested, lol. I wanted to get back into line, but I was already at the end! lol. Well, anyway, the person from our group went right after me, and she was there even though it was her wedding anniversary. She was spending it with Mika instead of her husband! She told Mika, and Mika thought it was funny. They took a picture and she told him that he looked tired and he needs rest and he said he was very tired. Poor guy. Anyway, like me, she started walking away, and Mika said, 'Wait, do you want me to sign your shirt or something?' (She had a homemade shirt on) and she said, 'Oh yeah, of course!' So Mika wrote, 'Sorry Bill, Happy Anniversary! Love Mika' (Bill's her husband) I thought that was nice that he offered. So then we basically left, and Mika got into his van. I still couldn't believe I (unintentionally) refused a hug from Mika and walked away from him while he was still talking, lol. I was so nervous!

Wow, what a LONG report, took me an hour to write! Anyway, the concert was amazing, and so was meeting Mika!

So Mika wrote, 'Sorry Bill, Happy Anniversary! Love Mika'

:roftl: OMG that's funny. I am paranoid that Mika is going to come back here when I have to go to a conference in September and then I'll have to consider quitting my job. :wink2:

I'm glad you had a great time at the concert. It's nice to hear how great he is with the fans. Thanks for sharing your story.

Okay I'm back and I'll post my report now even though it's 4 in the morning. I'm afraid I'll forget. It's LONG, I warn you, I like details, lol.

All right, we got there at about 4:45 ish and there were some people there, but not too many. I saw Mika get out of his van and walk in. I was the only one from my group that saw him, lol. I also saw Yasmine, she's gorgeous. While we waited a bunch of people walked by and was like, 'Who's Mika?' I explained to some people, lol, couldn't keep my mouth shut. Also I overheard one employee say to another, 'Who's this Mika guy? He's got so many people here, and I've never heard of him!' It was nice to hear from an employee that the crowd was pretty impressive. Anyway, we waited two hours and finally got in. I was pretty close, like 2nd row but sorta got pushed to the 3rd, lol. Anyway, we waited in there and Sara came out. She's pretty amazing and very nice. We talked to her later as she was leaving. Then we waited for what seemed like forever for Mika. People started chanting 'Mika!' and FINALLY the concert started. I couldn't even hear my own voice 'cause everyone was so loud. Mika was even surprised at it. After 'Relax, Take It Easy' Mika kinda looked at Martin like, 'Wow.' Then before he played 'My Interpretation' he said 'Why do they always have me facing the wall!? Every night I'm always singing to Martin!' Then Martin put his finger up like 'Shhhh'. So then Mika turned his keyboard toward the audience, right directly toward my way. We definitely made eye-contact a few times, lol. It was funny. Then he started talking about how it's so nice to come to a place where he's never been and have the crowd be so great. He also said they he lives on planes and it can get tiring but having crowds like this make it all worthwhile. I thought that was really nice of him. Oh yeah, and he was wearing glitter all over, lol. I was thinking, 'That's going to be hard to get off!' I can't remember the exact order he played the songs he could have said that later. I don't think it really matters, lol. Anyway, after 'Big Girl' he actually picked up one of the big girls which was kinda funny and surprising since I didn't think he was that strong, lol. He did two covers: 'Sweet Dreams' and ?. Sorry I can't think right now, lol. He also did 'Holy Johnny' Oh, I figured I should mention that I was right in front of Martin, and I think I paid more attention to him some of the time 'cause he has so much fun while he's up there. Actually, all of them do but yeah, it was really nice to see that. He also smiled at me a couple times which was also nice, lol. I took videos of the covers, some of 'Happy Ending' with friend from college/lollipop girl/more than friend? I don't know, I'm NOT spreading rumors, but I think there's something there. :wink2: I also got 'Ring, Ring', parts of 'Love Today'. Yes, the shirtless parts, lol. Which, by the way, I think Mika sorta messed the beginning up or something 'cause it was different and Martin and Mikey were kinda looking at Mika funny. My friend took all the pictures and I took videos that's why I don't have any pictures and I will do the videos later. So then they did 'Grace Kelly' which was really good, and then they all left to go change. People actually thought they were done but I was like, 'No, just wait.' So Mika came out as a cow, Cherisse as a rabbit, Luke as Tigger, and Martin as a chipmunk? It looked like a chipmunk anyway. Cherisse also had a blow-up Chicago Cubs bat which was neat and she hit all of them with it. Then they did 'Lollipop'. We were right by the bubble machine and the security guard was like, 'You might want to duck' and we were like, 'Why'?' and then all these bubbles starting shooting out and then we understood, lol. The lollipop girls were these little girls, I don't know who they were but they definitely weren't the regular ones. Anyway, the balloons and confetti came and we went outside to wait for Mika along with tons of other people. Finally, more people left, and then the band came out. I really, really, REALLY wanted a picture with Luke :wub2:. But they were in a hurry and this lady and her kids were soooo pushy they got like 6 or 7 different pictures. They were like hogging them so I went up to Luke and said, 'Can't I get a picture really quick?' and he was like, 'Oh, sure' so he put his arm around me and then said, 'Why don't you move over in the middle, you know, to balance the picture out.' Haha, he's always thinking. So I went to his other side, and it was just me and the band. Well what do you know? The WHOLE GROUP I was with gets in the picture too! lol It was PERFECT, just me and the band and then all these people jumped in and Luke was like, 'Whoa!' and then I didn't even get a picture on my camera but someone else did and they should be sending it to me. I'm not even looking, I'm looking at Luke. But yeah once all those people came, Luke was like, 'Uh, we gotta go!' I think we overwhelmed him! Then they all got into a van, and he stuck his out the front (from the back) and said bye, he was looking at me, I think, so I'm gonna keep believing he was talking to me, lol. So then the security guards are telling us to keep moving (down the street). But one of the girls I was with starting talking to one of them and was like, 'Seriously, is Mika coming out? We sorta have a long drive' and he told us to wait around a little longer. So we all line up along this door for awhile. We saw Mika's mom in a cab talking on her cell phone, and the pushy lady I was talking about earlier kept yelling things at her so Mika's mom rolled up the window! :roftl: I was glad she did that 'cause some of those people have no respect. So then Yasmine came out, and they were talking to two guys and hugged them both and got into the cab. I smiled and waved and Mika's mom waved back. At that time the security people told us to move another door to line up and of course, even though we were toward the front of the first line, we were last in the second line. Mika came out and started signing stuff. I should mention there were two very drunk girls in front of us in line, and they were acting ridiculous. One even had this shirt on that said something like 'Young, Willing, and Eager'...that's classy. Anyway, they got up there and were slurring their speech and screwed up the first picture and Mika looked sooo annoyed. I don't blame him either...they were annoying me too. Finally our group got up there, and I was toward the end. So I finally get up there, and Mika said hello or something and went to like hug me or something which he didn't do to the others. I think it was 'cause right before that the security was talking about how it reminded him of the time he waited to meet Bon Jovi, lol. The security guards were entertaining. Anyway, I said something like I'd wait all night to meet Mika, and maybe he heard me, I don't know. So he was about to hug me and stupid me didn't know what was going on so I hand him my CD to sign before he could hug me!:doh: So he asked me how to spell my name, signed the CD and then I said, 'Can I ask you a quick question?' And he said, 'Sure' (of course, I had tons of questions going through my head) but I ended up asking if he still reads the forums. He said, 'Yeah, but I can't read everything.' and I said, 'I don't either.' Then he said, 'I don't have time, and besides I think I'd go mad!' Then I said something really dumb I think, I don't even remember and started walking away WHILE MIKA WAS STILL TALKING TO ME! I don't know what I was thinking! I guess 'cause the poor boy look so tired. I mean I was dead tired, and I didn't even have to perform! I just didn't want to keep him too long, his van was waiting, and I just wanted to leave him alone. So I didn't hear what else he said, and I hope he didn't think I wasn't interested, lol. I wanted to get back into line, but I was already at the end! lol. Well, anyway, the person from our group went right after me, and she was there even though it was her wedding anniversary. She was spending it with Mika instead of her husband! She told Mika, and Mika thought it was funny. They took a picture and she told him that he looked tired and he needs rest and he said he was very tired. Poor guy. Anyway, like me, she started walking away, and Mika said, 'Wait, do you want me to sign your shirt or something?' (She had a homemade shirt on) and she said, 'Oh yeah, of course!' So Mika wrote, 'Sorry Bill, Happy Anniversary! Love Mika' (Bill's her husband) I thought that was nice that he offered. So then we basically left, and Mika got into his van. I still couldn't believe I (unintentionally) refused a hug from Mika and walked away from him while he was still talking, lol. I was so nervous!

Wow, what a LONG report, took me an hour to write! Anyway, the concert was amazing, and so was meeting Mika!

Wow!!! Thanks a lot for your report!!!!! :biggrin2:

I really enjoyed reading it!!!

I don't know either what I'd do if Mika tried to hug me...:shocked:

But all in all I think you were having a great night!!!! :punk:

For anyone's who's interested, here is a pic of my shoe that Mika signed :wub2:

n34900909_8974.jpg

I think it's safe to say that we're ALL interested here! :wink2:

Thanks so much for posting!

But tell me one thing... what costume did he wear for Lollipop???

Hmmm....?

dcdeb <11 hours and 54 minutes to MIKA in DC!!!>

It was a deliciously long report! We live for the details, don't we? :)

And you answered my question... a cow! Thanks!

dcdeb

i loved your report! you are a very wise 16!

thanks for being so nice to mika, i think we all should remember how tired he is and how lovely he is to spend time with fans anyway! and let him have a break!

you are the fan-to-be! hope to be such wise when i see him......:wub2: :wub2:

Great report! I love hearing about everyone's experience- almost (but not quite!) as good as being there!! I know the feeling about being dumbstruck when given the oportunity to ask questions- was kicking myself afterwards about all the things I could have said!!

I also was kicking myself with things I could have said, done, after I met him. For instance, I wanted to ask him for a hug, but I completely choked. I was so nervous about meeting him, after completely falling in love with his music over the past few months, that I couldn't really muster up the courage to ask him. That's okay though. At least I had a kick ass time at the concert, and got my shoes signed (which I'm wearing right now, lol). I also got less than 4 hours of sleep last night so I'm a bit delirious right now :bleh:

I can't really post a huge report, as I am about to leave Chicago for home, so I will just say that he was everything that I imagined as a performer! Truly amazing...the amount of energy that he has is mind-blowing!

I also got to meet him!!! He loved my outfit and he grabbed my braces and flicked them! LOL!!!! I was a little surprised when he did it, but I didn't mind at all! He actually did it twice, which was even better for me...haha!! My sister actually recorded our whole encounter, so I will try to put it on youtube, so you all can see! I also gave him my sewing...he said he loved it over and over again and that it was "brilliant." That was so rewarding, especially since it took me so long to make!

Also when i told him that I drove 6 1/2 hours to see him, he asked me where I came from. I told him Missouri and then he said the infamous f-word, as I think to imply that he was disappointed he didn't hit that city (I guess?) and then he and his manager said "Next fall. Definitely. Next fall." That was wonderful to hear!!!! That means a whole other tour for us!!

I also gave him two hugs...he was so freaking tall, he had to bend over to hug me! LOL It was just so fantastic...I can't wait to share pictures/video!!

Oh, and it was so nice meeting the MFCers! You all were great! I got to hang out with Suzy and her husband, Ryan, so that was really fun and made the time go by! I must say thank you to her for giving all her efforts to help all of us in meeting Mika. It truly was a pleasure getting to meet you!

I can't really post a huge report, as I am about to leave Chicago for home, so I will just say that he was everything that I imagined as a performer! Truly amazing...the amount of energy that he has is mind-blowing!

I also got to meet him!!! He loved my outfit and he grabbed my braces and flicked them! LOL!!!! I was a little surprised when he did it, but I didn't mind at all! He actually did it twice, which was even better for me...haha!! My sister actually recorded our whole encounter, so I will try to put it on youtube, so you all can see! I also gave him my sewing...he said he loved it over and over again and that it was "brilliant." That was so rewarding, especially since it took me so long to make!

Also when i told him that I drove 6 1/2 hours to see him, he asked me where I came from. I told him Missouri and then he said the infamous f-word, as I think to imply that he was disappointed he didn't hit that city (I guess?) and then he and his manager said "Next fall. Definitely. Next fall." That was wonderful to hear!!!! That means a whole other tour for us!!

I also gave him two hugs...he was so freaking tall, he had to bend over to hug me! LOL It was just so fantastic...I can't wait to share pictures/video!!

Oh, and it was so nice meeting the MFCers! You all were great! I got to hang out with Suzy and her husband, Ryan, so that was really fun and made the time go by! I must say thank you to her for giving all her efforts to help all of us in meeting Mika. It truly was a pleasure getting to meet you!

OMG! Next fall...like, this fall? :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: Maybe that means he'll go to Texas too!!!

But anyway, I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time! I can't wait to see the video and pictures!

Oh my! Last night was fabulous! My friend, bria, and my parents got there at 4:30, so we were pretty close to the front, about 20th. Waiting was semi-uneventful, but I saw Mika's mom and sister. Uhh, yeah, we went in at 6:30, more waiting. I did get to meet Lollipop girl and got a lolly, (Oh: i was planning on giving Mika a card and lollipop, but before i left the house, i dropped it and it shattered into a billion pieces!!! And the card fell in a puddle) My friend and i had front row, slightly to thd right of Mika's mic, i could not believe how close we were!!!! After sarah finished, waited....and finally we all started chanting "MIKA! MIKA! etc." So the band came out and began playing "Relax" and then Mika jumped out and started singing! I friend, who was never really a big fan of mika, turns to me and said "Oh! My! He is freaking hot!!" During "Happy Ending" lollipop girl sang with Mika (not in her pink dress of course, in a black dress) and at the end Mika gave her a great big hug! Mika amazes me, he has so much energy! Even on the last songs he still gave it 164%. I got a ton of pictures, but they're on my friends camera, ill get them soon. OH! and after lollipop was done, Luka was walking across the stage, and i got his attention and asked if i could have the song list that was taped to the ground in front of Mika's mic, and he's like "Oh, you want it?" and went to get it for me!! So i now have a piece of paper, covered in Mika's sweat (It was wet when i got it!) and footprints!! I didnt get to stay long enough to get Mika's autograph, sadly, cuz my parents had to leave.....Oh well! I still have all the amazing memories!

It was a deliciously long report! We live for the details, don't we? :)

And you answered my question... a cow! Thanks!

dcdeb

Oh I love details especially when it comes to Mika! :roftl: Yes, he was a cow and acting like he was squirting people with the udder, especially when it came to to the part 'Sucking too hard'. I was really funny.

Oh my! Last night was fabulous! My friend, bria, and my parents got there at 4:30, so we were pretty close to the front, about 20th. Waiting was semi-uneventful, but I saw Mika's mom and sister. Uhh, yeah, we went in at 6:30, more waiting. I did get to meet Lollipop girl and got a lolly, (Oh: i was planning on giving Mika a card and lollipop, but before i left the house, i dropped it and it shattered into a billion pieces!!! And the card fell in a puddle) My friend and i had front row, slightly to thd right of Mika's mic, i could not believe how close we were!!!! After sarah finished, waited....and finally we all started chanting "MIKA! MIKA! etc." So the band came out and began playing "Relax" and then Mika jumped out and started singing! I friend, who was never really a big fan of mika, turns to me and said "Oh! My! He is freaking hot!!" During "Happy Ending" lollipop girl sang with Mika (not in her pink dress of course, in a black dress) and at the end Mika gave her a great big hug! Mika amazes me, he has so much energy! Even on the last songs he still gave it 164%. I got a ton of pictures, but they're on my friends camera, ill get them soon. OH! and after lollipop was done, Luka was walking across the stage, and i got his attention and asked if i could have the song list that was taped to the ground in front of Mika's mic, and he's like "Oh, you want it?" and went to get it for me!! So i now have a piece of paper, covered in Mika's sweat (It was wet when i got it!) and footprints!! I didnt get to stay long enough to get Mika's autograph, sadly, cuz my parents had to leave.....Oh well! I still have all the amazing memories!

Wow, it sounds like you had sooo much fun! :biggrin2: Haha, congrats on getting the set list too!

Oh I love details especially when it comes to Mika! :roftl: Yes, he was a cow and acting like he was squirting people with the udder, especially when it came to to the part 'Sucking too hard'. I was really funny.

Really? hahahaha! i can't wait till video surfaces of that :biggrin2:

By the way, I loved your report! I'm into details too..especially when it comes to these Mika shows!