The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

I'm so glad we have this thread! We can greet each other and also do some great PR work to get Mika and other MFC folks out here to experience our gorgeous and incredible land! My hometown was Montreal but I moved to Vancouver, B.C. (the Wet Coast) in 1978 and never looked back. For all of you who have never experienced the Pacific Northwest it is simply just the most GORGEOUS scenery you can imagine. Our city is right on the coast of the Pacific Ocean, yet we have local mountains where we can ski, etc. It is not uncommon for people to play golf in the morning and alpine ski in the afternoon! I kid you not! People here are so friendly! :biggrin2: If you love the outdoors then this is the place to be! Camping, tennis, golf, skiing, snowshoeing, rollerblading, windsurfing..... the list goes on and on.... AND - don't foget the 2010 Winter Olympics coming up! Maybe I should work for Tourism B.C. LOL. :biggrin2:

But I am doing a bit of plugging here because our lovely Mika hasn't graced us yet with an appearance. Not only that, I really look forward to the day that I can start meeting a lot of you very cool MFC'ers. You guys are really all starting to grow on me, big time! I definitely talk to you guys more than anyone else!!!! Goes without saying - we all have something most magnifique in common, n'est-ce pas????:wub2::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

I've always wanted to go to Vancouver !!! It seems beautiful !!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so glad we have this thread! We can greet each other and also do some great PR work to get Mika and other MFC folks out here to experience our gorgeous and incredible land! My hometown was Montreal but I moved to Vancouver, B.C. (the Wet Coast) in 1978 and never looked back. For all of you who have never experienced the Pacific Northwest it is simply just the most GORGEOUS scenery you can imagine. Our city is right on the coast of the Pacific Ocean, yet we have local mountains where we can ski, etc. It is not uncommon for people to play golf in the morning and alpine ski in the afternoon! I kid you not! People here are so friendly! :biggrin2: If you love the outdoors then this is the place to be! Camping, tennis, golf, skiing, snowshoeing, rollerblading, windsurfing..... the list goes on and on.... AND - don't foget the 2010 Winter Olympics coming up! Maybe I should work for Tourism B.C. LOL. :biggrin2:

But I am doing a bit of plugging here because our lovely Mika hasn't graced us yet with an appearance. Not only that, I really look forward to the day that I can start meeting a lot of you very cool MFC'ers. You guys are really all starting to grow on me, big time! I definitely talk to you guys more than anyone else!!!! Goes without saying - we all have something most magnifique in common, n'est-ce pas????:wub2::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

My parents used to live in Vancouver, and my brother was born there aswell.

They tell me its so beautiful there, i hope one day i can visit!

My parents used to live in Vancouver, and my brother was born there aswell.

They tell me its so beautiful there, i hope one day i can visit!

I hope you can too! Along with Becks from Sask. and Sunshine931 also from Montreal - hopefully for a humongous Mika concert which we are so OVERDUE FOR !!!!! Wouldn't that be absolutely fantastic? Then I can show you a little bit of how beautiful and fun this city is! :thumb_yello::biggrin2::roftl:

I hope you can too! Along with Becks from Sask. and Sunshine931 also from Montreal - hopefully for a humongous Mika concert which we are so OVERDUE FOR !!!!! Wouldn't that be absolutely fantastic? Then I can show you a little bit of how beautiful and fun this city is! :thumb_yello::biggrin2::roftl:

Yes. We are definetly overdue for a mika concert!!! and a tour of vancouver sounds great :D

Yes. We are definetly overdue for a mika concert!!! and a tour of vancouver sounds great :D

I REALLY wish that would happen this summer, although I know his tour schedule is filled up then. But it's so nice here then! There's so much to see and it's really nice at the beaches then. But I guess beggars can't be choosers - we'll take Mika whenever we can get him! :thumb_yello:

Wherabouts in Montreal do you live? Did you see Mika's concert at Club Soda? I heard it was unbelievable! Did I read that you guys were going to his Boston concert? If you are - sooooooo lucky!!! That's my birthday - I wouldn't want to be spending it any other way.....!!!!! :wub2::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

I REALLY wish that would happen this summer, although I know his tour schedule is filled up then. But it's so nice here then! There's so much to see and it's really nice at the beaches then. But I guess beggars can't be choosers - we'll take Mika whenever we can get him! :thumb_yello:

Wherabouts in Montreal do you live? Did you see Mika's concert at Club Soda? I heard it was unbelievable! Did I read that you guys were going to his Boston concert? If you are - sooooooo lucky!!! That's my birthday - I wouldn't want to be spending it any other way.....!!!!! :wub2::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

I live in the west island. Its not as exciting as downtown, but i love it here.

And no i didnt get to see Mika at Club Soda! I REALLLY wish I could have. But sadly, i had NO IDEA about it... and well unfortunetly, im not the thats going to boston to see him perform, but i would love too. :D

I live on the Plateau Mont-Royal... near St-Denis street... love it here !!!

And yessssssssssssss I was at the Club Soda gig and got to meet him afterwards !!! It was incredible indeed !!! He even said so himself !!!!

I live on the Plateau Mont-Royal... near St-Denis street... love it here !!!

And yessssssssssssss I was at the Club Soda gig and got to meet him afterwards !!! It was incredible indeed !!! He even said so himself !!!!

Thursday i visited Mont-Royal with my school! The view was amazing.

Thursday i visited Mont-Royal with my school! The view was amazing.

I heart the Mont-Royal so much... not very high but it's our own little small mountain !

Those are pics I took on the Mont-Royal last summer with my little cousins

P8140184.jpg

P8140186.jpg

P8140187.jpg

I would be there in a heartbeat!!!! Beautiful Vancouver and Beautiful Mika.....there's no way it could be wrong!:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I would be there in a heartbeat!!!! Beautiful Vancouver and Beautiful Mika.....there's no way it could be wrong!:biggrin2: :biggrin2:

would too if I had more money !!! spending 6 years in university takes a toll on your banking account lemme tell ya....:thumbdown:

would too if I had more money !!! spending 6 years in university takes a tool on your banking account lemme tell ya....:thumbdown:

I know exactly what you mean. I only have to go for one more year (2 years total) and it sucks your bank account dry. I live in a different city than my family and they just increased my rent. I'm a poor student, leave me alone!!!:naughty:

I just noticed the thread today! Yaaay - finally!

When I submitted my first post on MFC in November, I asked if there were any other Canadians who knew about MIKA, I don't remember getting too many replies. So I'm really happy to see this new Canadian thread 7 months later.

I saw MIKA at the MOD club in Toronto in March and I'm disappointed that no other Canadian stops have been announced again after that :tears:

BUT...I do have tickets to the CHICAGO concert in June!:woot_jump:

I just noticed the thread today! Yaaay - finally!

When I submitted my first post on MFC in November, I asked if there were any other Canadians who knew about MIKA, I don't remember getting too many replies. So I'm really happy to see this new Canadian thread 7 months later.

I saw MIKA at the MOD club in Toronto in March and I'm disappointed that no other Canadian stops have been announced again after that :tears:

BUT...I do have tickets to the CHICAGO concert in June!:woot_jump:

oh sorry you didn't get much replies ! I try and greet as many new members as I can but this forum is moving so fast, it's hard to keep up !!! but there you found us so it's all good ! :D

Wow lucky you going to the Chicago concert !!! Tell us all about it !!!

I wish Mika would announce some Canadian dates too...

*crosses fringers and toes*

oh sorry you didn't get much replies ! I try and greet as many new members as I can but this forum is moving so fast, it's hard to keep up !!! but there you found us so it's all good ! :D

Wow lucky you going to the Chicago concert !!! Tell us all about it !!!

I wish Mika would announce some Canadian dates too...

*crosses fringers and toes*

He will im sure, maybe not now, but sooner or later :P

Hey guys , go vote for mika's grace kelly video on muchmusic heres the link :

http://www.muchmusic.com/tv/mod20/daily10.aspx

and watch at 5:00 PM eastern time. he was number 8 yesterday, hopefully today he will be number one! oh and put "love today" as the wildcard.

He will im sure, maybe not now, but sooner or later :P

Hey guys , go vote for mika's grace kelly video on muchmusic heres the link :

http://www.muchmusic.com/tv/mod20/daily10.aspx

and watch at 5:00 PM eastern time. he was number 8 yesterday, hopefully today he will be number one! oh and put "love today" as the wildcard.

Has the Love Today video been released in Canada yet?:shocked: