The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

Oh it's so tempting! Flights are very expensive though. I can afford it, but it just seems so crazy. I mean if he comes back to Toronto I'll probably be able to walk to the venue. To fly all the way to Boston seems a bit insane :insane:

What would a T.O. to Boston return ticket set you back?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually it's probably much better if I did see him on the West Coast. The only thing is that I don't have a passport (yet) and it is a major hassle to get one now! But I guess I just gotta bite the bullet and get myself down to the waiting line and get that illusive document. It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I've been horribly sick forever and it was a major effort to do anything. Believe me, it's high on my "To-Do list".

Oh sorry you've been sick. I was lucky when I got my passport 2 years ago I filled out the application online. They had a special wicket at the office for people who had used the web form and I bypassed everyone who was waiting and got out of there in 10 minutes.

I hope you don't have too much hassle. Some people have to get to a Mika concert, don't they know??

What would a T.O. to Boston return ticket set you back?

It's almost $500 which is really obscene since you can go to Europe for about the same price if you buy tickets at the right time. It's only a 1 hour flight to Boston.

Wow that's expensif!for traveling in bus is $98.00 can. it's about 7h30 hours

but I don't mind i'm going to sleep!

I missed him in Montreal that's why I want so badly to see him!

He has to come back !

Natie x

I live within walking distance of the Distillery District. I love the art galleries there. I considered buying one of the condos on the site but it's just a bit too far from my work to walk comfortably in the winter.

There's a group on Facebook for people who were at the Mod Club show.

yes- it's very artsy fartsy isn't it? i'd love a condo there!

about mika in toronto...personally, never really expected him to visit twice in 2 months. he's got a lot of other areas to cover up, hasn't he?

and besides...a sumptuous taste is worth more of a relish than a gulp! i think the fact that he doesn't visit often will make his next visit (prolly with the 2nd album?) all the more special.. bright thinking, at least. :blush-anim-cl:

but then again, i'm sure crowds will be massive by then.

It's almost $500 which is really obscene since you can go to Europe for about the same price if you buy tickets at the right time. It's only a 1 hour flight to Boston.

No kidding that's obscene! I can get return airfare from Vancouver to London for $500!!!! Unbelievable!!! :shocked:

about mika in toronto...personally, never really expected him to visit twice in 2 months. he's got a lot of other areas to cover up, hasn't he?

and besides...a sumptuous taste is worth more of a relish than a gulp! i think the fact that he doesn't visit often will make his next visit (prolly with the 2nd album?) all the more special.. bright thinking, at least. :blush-anim-cl:

but then again, i'm sure crowds will be massive by then.

I didn't expect a second visit at first either, but when I heard there was a US tour in June I just assumed that included another trip to Toronto and Montreal.

Lily Allen did the same thing with her first album. She came to North America last fall and tested the waters with a couple of small venues in the major markets and then she went on an expanded tour this spring playing clubs 3 times the size.

Two dates in the same city to promote one album isn't the norm, but under the circumstances it seems necessary because during the test phase he was booked into clubs that were too small. Only a few hundred Canadians got to see him but just in the week he came here alone he sold 6,000 albums.

It was a brilliant move to stop in Canada for a couple of days as the album was being released and get coverage on all the major music media in the country, but now that people have been exposed to the music and know who he is it would make sense to support the album with some live performances.

Hi Again !!!

Do I ever know that view! I only spent the first 22 years of my life there! Such a beautiful city - those pictures are gorgeous - even managing to make me a little homesick, which is quite amazing!

I also like your Mika quote - I heard him say that in the interview after the Club Soda gig - man! that must've been quite the show!!!

I don't know about you but I'm finding it harder and harder lately with all the buzz of the European and American fans getting excited about upcoming concerts, while we have NONE slated. It kind of pisses me off a bit, to say the least. Just envious, not angry at any of them, of course. But I don't think it's humanly possible for Mika to be overextending himself any more than he already is. Do not wanna see the poor guy burn out!

I also wish they would release the Love Today video here as well. I've been checking i-tunes every week since it's release. They were selling it in the U.K. i-tunes right away, same with the new single. I dunno - I sometimes feel like we just dropped off the face of the map..... :blink:

Even more reason for us to stick together .....

hehe soryy I made you a littl homesick ! Montréal is a wonderful city, I love it so much ! Although I wish I could visit the rest of the country someday !

and yeah the Club Soda show was something !!!! It was incredible !!! There's athread I made about it somewhere with pics and all, if you can't find it just pm me I'll give you the link...

and yeah it's hard watching everyone get excited about the upcoming gigs while we have nothing for now... but he loved it so much here and he is doing so well in Canada, it's impossible for him not to come back ! I guess we have to be patient...

and it's about time they release the Love Today vid for god's sake !

I think it's great that everyone is experiencing his shows, but I just assumed that he would come back to TO and Montréal for this US tour. MuchMusic and MTV studios are in Toronto and I would imagine the French press gives him a lot of attention in Montréal because he's fluent.

If I hadn't assumed he was coming I don't think I would be so disappointed. Would have just expected to catch him on the next go around for his second album.

I am very grateful that he came to Toronto when he did though. I'll never get to see him in a club that small again. I'm surprised that someone said one of the US dates is not selling well. I think he would easily sell out a venue twice the size he last played in Toronto if he came back in June. $15 tickets were being scalped for $100 outside the Mod Club.

yeah I kinda assumed that too... and I can't believe in the US he has difficulty selling out one date... if he came back here in Montréal the tickets would sell out in a matter of minutes ! Like in Toronto, 15$ tickets were being scalped 100$ here as well !

i live by toronto. and i love it! :D

i live by the suburbs so the city is always accessible. i love it! it's got great shopping but also gorgeous parks and places to stroll around.

Have any of you been to the distillery district? it's out of this world. LITERALLY. it's mysterious and filled with lamplights and cobblestone streets. and it's smack in the middle of the city, yet seems so serene!

I joined MFC a month before the toronto concert...and that was my first one ever, so that was an awesome experience. Lana86 filled us all in on that! I agree with all of you who wrote about it. it was a cozy concert indeed.

I've been to Toronto once but I was young... like 12... but I remember I loved it !

I'm going to the boston gig and i'm going alone by bus did anyone want to go?

Natie x

Wow that's expensif!for traveling in bus is $98.00 can. it's about 7h30 hours

but I don't mind i'm going to sleep!

I missed him in Montreal that's why I want so badly to see him!

He has to come back !

Natie x

I think I want to go..... hehehe... it's just that I'm broke right now !!!... It's 98$ for the bus... that's going and returning ? And how much is the tix ??? is is sold out yet ??? mmmm thinking about a solution... I NEED MY MIKA FIX !!!!

Hi sunshine931,yes it's $98.00 for going and returning,the tickets is $15.00 US and is not sold out and for the hotel we can arrange something anyway I don't mind paying for that it's already reserved and I was going alone so no problem with that!!!!It would be nice if you can manage to go!

Natie

Hi sunshine931,yes it's $98.00 for going and returning,the tickets is $15.00 US and is not sold out and for the hotel we can arrange something anyway I don't mind paying for that it's already reserved and I was going alone so no problem with that!!!!It would be nice if you can manage to go!

Natie

are you going alone or are there other people going with you ?... and I wouldn't want you to pay alone for the hotel though...

are you going alone or are there other people going with you ?... and I wouldn't want you to pay alone for the hotel though...

I'm alone this time i'm always traveling with my husband and my children but this time it's Mika time!!!

Natie

Hey sunshine you were wondering when they were going to release Love Today's vid...

I'VE SEEN IT ON MUSIQUEPLUS TODAY!! THIS MORNING AT FLAMBANT N'OEUF!!

HOW EXCITING!!

I was screaming AAAAH IT'S MIKAAAA

Even my mom came to see the video!!!

Hey sunshine you were wondering when they were going to release Love Today's vid...

HOW EXCITING!!

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT !!!!!!

HOW EXCITING!!

NOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYY !!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS AWESOME.

I MISSED IT THOUGH.

STUPID SCHOOL !! :boxed:

But the scary thing is....

This morning i told my friend "I have a feeling they are going to premiere the Love Today video on muchmusic or musiqueplus or something". WEIRDD. lol