Mika @ Radio 1 Big Week-End - Preston - May 20 2007

Yoppappop

just watched some of it on youtube - great show! :biggrin2: lol i like the part before grace kelly where he says "someone's fumbling with my butt", hehe! :naughty:

didn't read throught the whole thread, did anyone get to meet him in preston?

• 3 years later...

I uploaded it on VIMEO (VIMEO's quality is better than YouTube)

2007.05.20 Mika Radio1's Big Weekend (32:09)http://

This video is password protected.

PASSWORD -- mika

Enjoy ! :wink2:

PASSWORD -- mika

This is such a wonderful gift Eriko :wub2:

Thank you so much :huglove: you make me happy :woot_jump:

PASSWORD -- mika

thank you so much Eriko :flowers2:

will add it to the 2007 interviews thread as well:thumb_yello:

This show makes me so nostalgic. :crybaby:

I miss the simplicity - no costumes, no props, no story - just music. I miss Luke and his perfect Relax opening. I miss Mika looking like a normal 20something instead of an underweight model. I miss the Big Girl dancers.

This show makes me so nostalgic. :crybaby:

I miss the simplicity - no costumes, no props, no story - just music. I miss Luke and his perfect Relax opening. I miss Mika looking like a normal 20something instead of an underweight model. I miss the Big Girl dancers.

You summed up my feelings EXACTLY. Mika thinks that more props and 'bigger' is better, but I don't agree. I much prefer the simplicity of the old times, where all he was focusing on was the music, having fun and connecting with the audience.

Now he's wasting energy and focus by trying to keep all the little staged things going, the props sorted, everything running on time and smoothly, etc.... I don't care for the show. I care for the music and the atmosphere, and he had that right initially.

You summed up my feelings EXACTLY. Mika thinks that more props and 'bigger' is better, but I don't agree. I much prefer the simplicity of the old times, where all he was focusing on was the music, having fun and connecting with the audience.

Now he's wasting energy and focus by trying to keep all the little staged things going, the props sorted, everything running on time and smoothly, etc.... I don't care for the show. I care for the music and the atmosphere, and he had that right initially.

I wish I could have seen him at those times... They seemed so awesome. :blush-anim-cl:

I wish I could have seen him at those times... They seemed so awesome. :blush-anim-cl:

Well, of course everyone has different opinions of course, but for me this gig was one of my definite top 3 of all times. It was just AMAZING, he was really going for it, he connected with the audience big time, he has an incredible energy.... It really was something super electric and special:. you can hear our crazy screams and singing :lmfao:

[YOUTUBE]R9RgKDrvSlk[/YOUTUBE]

• 1 year later...
Nicoleta uploaded a short clip to 4shared. Thanks a million for sharing !!:huglove:

( the YT video has been lost...)

2007.05.20 - BBC R1 BigWeekend - What does Mika see.flv

http://www.4shared.com/video/YSav4LRS/20070520_-_BBC_R1_BigWeekend_-.html

98370909.jpg

exactly what I was looking for :shocked:

big thanks Eriko e Nico :flowers2: :flowers2:

• 7 years later...

BBC Radio 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2007/diary/200507/

Jo Whiley's Backstage blog

Sunday 20 May

Mika's gammy foot

fd37d7b67e02a2c4d44cad286225ab3fb8a20e9a.jpg.86bbc22cadae2c512848c8a06b7bd4dd.jpg

Mika and his foot (or feet)

Bunny business

cc8e742324499ee27ae61e6858c97f91254d1617.jpg.7acfac878c7975fb6e2415514cc1a210.jpg

Me and Mika

Because going on stage with The Fray yesterday was slightly embarrassing (fact: i have no tambourine rhythm) I thought I'd have a go at infiltrating another stage - but this time in disguise. Yep. That didn't work either...

My job was to come on and carry the 'V' from LOVE, then dance around it. I couldn't see a thing and my feet were even larger and furrier than usual. Therefore no dancing from this bunny girl...

So as mentioned previously I was trying to keep in disguise. Unfortunately, Mika pulled my head off and had a go himself.