Mika @ Radio 1 Big Week-End - Preston - May 20 2007

Yoppappop

Yessss

GOOD LUCK

to everyone who has entered i guess it is a bit like the lottery in the way that there is a very slim chance of winning but we all have that glimmer of hope in our hearts :naughty:

I heard up until 2 oclock they will be released .. time time <prays>:thumb_yello:

Oh ok freddie thx..

I dont think ill get any cos im a bit too far away but goodluck to everyone!!

The main thing is we get some mika fans there!!!:biggrin2:

Yes i do hope at least one person from the MFC gets to go and support Mika on the Sunday of the big weekend ...i dont think it will be me though :boxed:

But the best of luck to everyone :thumb_yello:

Just ran across this while I was looking at info on the Preston Big Weekend -- thought some of you out there might be eligible for this!

Chance to interview stars

How would you like to interview the stars backstage at Radio 1's Big Weekend in Preston?

The BBC Blast truck will be at the city's Flag Market from May 18, giving 13 to 19-year-olds the chance to get involved.

The truck is on a 30-week tour of the UK, encouraging up to 45,000 young people to express themselves through creativity.

Over three days there will be an array of workshops including music journalism, where four lucky youngsters will get the chance to go backstage to interview some of the artists performing on the main stage at the Moor Park event.

Leading

designer Wayne Hemingway will be judging a fashion competition, which will see two winners have their work showcased at the Paris Ethical Fashion Show 2007.

And for budding musicians there will be an opportunity to speak to experts on everything – from where to get your inspiration to getting a record deal. Blast on Tour is also working closely with Radio 1 as part of Radio 1's Big Weekend presents The Fringe.

The event will see many of the city's venues playing host to local signed and unsigned bands in a three-day extravaganza.

Jane Quinn, education executive, said "Blast provides a special space where young people feel safe to grow their creativity, get expert advice from the best industry professionals and showcase their work."

This year also sees even more opportunities for young people, with hundreds of work experiences, traineeships and reporter placements around the UK.

Its an absolute outrage that people are now selling their Big weekend tikctes on Ebay for upto £400!!!

If they didnt want to go whyy the hell did they enter PLUS these tickets have been given out for Free....

arrghh

im just soo angry at these people selling them on ebay :protest: :protest: :rocket:

i know they are saying on radio 1 that ppl. that buy them wont get in!! ebay shouldnt allow ppl to sell free tickets for this kinda thing!! its sooo wrong, there are fans who wouldnt have loved to off gone!!

Thats exactly why i am so MAD i would have LOVED to go and perhaps i would have had more of a chance if people hadnt of entered the competition only to sell them on for extortionate prices!

These tickets should be invalid if what i hear is correct as they have the winners id on them in the barcode or something

Im still very very angry at people selling them on ebay though :thumbdown:

Its an absolute outrage that people are now selling their Big weekend tikctes on Ebay for upto £400!!!

If they didnt want to go whyy the hell did they enter PLUS these tickets have been given out for Free....

arrghh

im just soo angry at these people selling them on ebay :protest: :protest: :rocket:

Might have known!!!!:sneaky2: :sneaky2:

I'm furious too. I'm sick of ebay. It's evil.

Even if they were selling them for £1 each on there I wouldn't buy them on principle.

:protest:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2007/artists/#main

Times are long, will just have to sit next to the TV with recorder on pause!

But according to the link it will be online all week till the 28th.

oh cool yr recording it:wink2:

yeah red button will b showing it all week and radio 1 just said they are posting them online after they have played....

oh well a afternoon in front of the tv then!!!! niceeeeee!!!!