• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Placebo! :D

I might go see them in Dusseldorf next month (depending on whether or not I have exams.)

you sure do haha :biggrin2:

im going to see them on the 1st of June...second time that will be.

****ing divas lol

you sure do haha :biggrin2:

im going to see them on the 1st of June...second time that will be.

****ing divas lol

Shhh don't tell!

Where are they playing June 1st? Did you hear about Brian walking offstage? Apparently he lost his voice.. I don't know..

Hopefully your 2nd time seeing them won't disappoint! I've seen them 7 times by now so I'm not really saddened if I can't make the Dusseldorf gig lol.

Shhh don't tell!

Where are they playing June 1st? Did you hear about Brian walking offstage? Apparently he lost his voice.. I don't know..

Hopefully your 2nd time seeing them won't disappoint! I've seen them 7 times by now so I'm not really saddened if I can't make the Dusseldorf gig lol.

ive heard about it...in Lisbon.. i heard that brian was jelous of Stef 'stealing the spotlight' haha i don't belive it tho.

they play Warsaw in Poland. i hope he has his voice back than if that was the case...

7 times...most impressive.

i promised myself ill see IamX at least 10 times xD

• 4 months later...

HOLY CRAP!

PLACEBO PART COMPANY WITH DRUMMER STEVE HEWITT

Placebo have parted company with drummer of 11 years, Steve Hewitt, due to personal and musical differences.

Brian Molko commented "Being in a band is very much like being in a marriage, and in couples - in this case a triple - people can grow apart over the years. To say that you don't love your partner anymore is inaccurate, considering all that you've been through and achieved together. There simply comes a point when you realize that you want different things from your relationship and that you can no longer live under the same roof, so to speak."

The split is amicable and a sad time for both parties. Steve Hewitt replaced Robert Schultzberg behind the drum kit in 1996 whilst the band were promoting Placebo’s eponymous debut album and went on to record the following 4 studio albums ‘Without You I’m Nothing’, ‘Black Market Music’, ‘Sleeping With Ghosts’ and most recently ‘Meds’.

Placebo have just returned from the USA where they were part of the high profile ‘Projekt Revolution Tour’ alongside Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. The band are now taking a well earned break.

Brian Molko and Stefan Olsdal will begin work on Placebo’s 6th studio album next Spring and are in no rush to find an immediate replacement for Steve.

HOLY CRAP!

PLACEBO PART COMPANY WITH DRUMMER STEVE HEWITT

Placebo have parted company with drummer of 11 years, Steve Hewitt, due to personal and musical differences.

Brian Molko commented "Being in a band is very much like being in a marriage, and in couples - in this case a triple - people can grow apart over the years. To say that you don't love your partner anymore is inaccurate, considering all that you've been through and achieved together. There simply comes a point when you realize that you want different things from your relationship and that you can no longer live under the same roof, so to speak."

The split is amicable and a sad time for both parties. Steve Hewitt replaced Robert Schultzberg behind the drum kit in 1996 whilst the band were promoting Placebo’s eponymous debut album and went on to record the following 4 studio albums ‘Without You I’m Nothing’, ‘Black Market Music’, ‘Sleeping With Ghosts’ and most recently ‘Meds’.

Placebo have just returned from the USA where they were part of the high profile ‘Projekt Revolution Tour’ alongside Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. The band are now taking a well earned break.

Brian Molko and Stefan Olsdal will begin work on Placebo’s 6th studio album next Spring and are in no rush to find an immediate replacement for Steve.

That is terrible....But maybe not all is lost; perhaps they could go to Band Counselling?:naughty:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

me don't think about things like that :tears:

I have to as I worry for the future of our lovely Placebo board!!

And all the changes we have to make now like.. take Steve out of the banner at the top of the page. :blink: