• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian has lots of hair and many chins now.

New Steve is making him look even older. :naughty:

This is sadly true. :naughty:

Woo received the cd today!

Will watch the documentary on the dvd tomorrow when I have time.

Citing! :biggrin2:

Do you mean the limited edition boxed set (:aah:) or just the CD + DVD set? :fisch:

Just the CD + DVD set. :teehee:

I want the boxxxxxxxx lol.

Btw, cause it cracked me up, have u heard what the presenter said last night on canvas after they showed FWIW?

"Ah Molko... als ik een vrouw was, en hij een man..."

(If I was a girl... and he a man...)

That killed me :roftl:

I want the boxxxxxxxx lol.

Btw, cause it cracked me up, have u heard what the presenter said last night on canvas after they showed FWIW?

I know! I heard that too it was sooo funny. :roftl: :roftl:

I know! I heard that too it was sooo funny. :roftl: :roftl:

This presenter was so good. I also loved the way he slated Noel Gallagher: "getalenteerd, maar niet bescheiden :mf_rosetinted:" (Talented but not modest). I must say Noel managed to irritate me altho his interview was 1' long :naughty: "Pfff, doesnt impress me, we've played the biggest gigs of the world, we played 500 000 people in Mexico, pfff... I dont play for the audience, I just like to have the occasion to play my guitar very loud".

What a TWAT :naughty:

Placebo come to Mexico in October :boing: :boing:

Great! We'll be here waiting for a full report and loads of pics then :wink2:

This presenter was so good. I also loved the way he slated Noel Gallagher: "getalenteerd, maar niet bescheiden :mf_rosetinted:" (Talented but not modest). I must say Noel managed to irritate me altho his interview was 1' long :naughty: "Pfff, doesnt impress me, we've played the biggest gigs of the world, we played 500 000 people in Mexico, pfff... I dont play for the audience, I just like to have the occasion to play my guitar very loud".

What a TWAT :naughty:

Great! We'll be here waiting for a full report and loads of pics then :wink2:

oh yeah :wink2::boing:

Just the CD + DVD set. :teehee:

Ah, that's the one I got as well. I want the boxed set but dammit I'm broke. :aah:

Um, maybe it's just me but I don't get it. :bleh:

Ah, that's the one I got as well. I want the boxed set but dammit I'm broke. :aah:

Um, maybe it's just me but I don't get it. :bleh:

The TV presenter was a guy. He basically insinued that if he was a woman, he would do Molko... IF Molko was a man himself. Insinuating Brian was not really a man :wink2:

The TV presenter was a guy. He basically insinued that if he was a woman, he would do Molko... IF Molko was a man himself. Insinuating Brian was not really a man :wink2:

Ohhh, I get it now. :wink2:

Ouch. Though, younger Brian in a dress did pass for a pretty hot girl. :naughty:

Edited by S&M

• 2 weeks later...

hi!!

I'm a new one on this thread :wink2: ( and don't know if I'll stay for a long time as what I'm going to say is not that nice for brian...).

I really love placebo!! and I got the chance to see them live on tuesday evening at Paléo festival (in switzerland).

All I have to say is that I am soooooooooooo disapointed......

Well, I have to be honest and say that, from a musical point of view, it was really great!!! A special standing ovation for the drummer (sorry, I don't know his name...:blink:) who was conpletely brilliant!!!!

And Brian sang perfectly of course....

But the atmosphere was soooooooooooo heavy....a lot of people leaved the place even before the gig was over...

Why??

Because we folks didn't get a single word from Brian... except a "hello" and some "thank you" between the songs....due to this lack of communication, the beginning of the show was really cold, except for some people standing at the front rows who danced and screamed the all gig.... but I've never seen people at paléo being so calm.... (this was nothing to compare with Mika's performance of last year, where the entire site of paléo was dancing and singing :wub2:).

The worst came when brian finally said more than one word..... and it was only to make a kind of sermon telling people not to move too much because people at the front row were being crashed on the barriers...... he said something like "you should not hurt anybody....and if you continue dancing like this, we'll leave...".:sneaky2:

and 2 or 3 songs after that, he said exactely the same in french (which, at first, made people really happy, 'cause we were all waiting to hear him speak french) But as it was to ask us if we weren't able to understand english...it threw a massive cold on the already cold audience....and then, nothing more... no "how are you paléo?" or "Do you have fun?" or I don't know what but WORDS between the songs instead of a black scene....:mf_rosetinted:

Anyway, I still love placebo... but I'll love them from my livingroom from now on... I really can't figure out to spend some more money to see this....

And I'm sorry if my post disturbs anybody.. that's not the point at all... but I really needed to give my opinion on this gig (and maybe be rassured about how their "normal" gigs are...:blink:)

And I'm sorry if my post disturbs anybody.. that's not the point at all... but I really needed to give my opinion on this gig (and maybe be rassured about how their "normal" gigs are...:blink:)

Hey fear not! Nobody will get disturbed by you being honest.

Besides, Placebofans are among the most harsh and critical I've ever met anyway. :teehee:

It really sucks when there's not much interaction with the audience.

I've not seen them on this tour yet (Niki27 has so I'm sure she will come in here and give her views soon!) but I have watched some live streams and noticed that Brian was stuck behind his mic most of the time.

In the past Brian would hop around on the stage like a pogo stick, Stefan often came down from the stage to greet the audience and play his guitar in front of the barriers.

So I don't know what's up either.. maybe Brian wasn't that into it.. or maybe he's just getting old. :teehee:

Edited by Diana
typo

Haha what can I say?

I've seen them twice this tour, but in very different circumstances.

Brian barely talked at Pinkpop, just the usual intro: "We are Placebo, we come in peace (:aah:) We're glad to be back in Holland blabla". Not much.

He was chattier in Brussels, which was an intimate gig, he even came to talk to the crowd and introduce Steve an hour before the show.

I dont understand why it matters anyway. You have different kind of artists:

A) The not talkative ones (Brian, Calvin Harris fall into that category)

B) The ones who try too hard and keep repeating the same prepared speech, which, in the long run, works on my nerves (and sorry for this but Mika used to be in that category :naughty: He's improving tho)

C) The ones who are spontaneously chatty (Chris Martin from Coldplay is probably the best example amongst the people I've seen live)

D) The ones who tell you everything about their life on stage and you just would like them to stop and sing because they talk for ages between each song. (Amy McDonald... Lord at one point I wanted her to swallow her guitar if that was the only way for her to shut it, sorry, I know, not nice, but I really don't care about her dog's whereabouts :roftl:)

It also depends on their mood of course. But even tho C is the best, I'm much more tolerant to A than to B&D. Besides, when I go and see a rockband, I don't expect long speeches inbetween the songs.

As for what he said well... I know how snappy he can sound lol. But at least he cares about his audience. It's not the first time he stops playing and tells people to be careful cause the front rows are being crushed (in fact he does that quite often, or asks people to look after each other before the show even starts). Maybe that makes him sound like a partypooper and maybe he could word it differently but I think it comes from a nice intention, he's really worried about fans potentially getting hurt.

I'm really happy to have your differents points of view...... I've been expecting this gig for months and it all went the exact opposite as what I was really looking for :blink:

Niki: I thought exactely like you, when he first told people not to dance so much and to watch out for people being at the front row....it was just really nice to take care of the poor crashed ones indeed :teehee:.... but the way he said it in french afterwards was soooooo cold and sounded so much like a "you silly people stop dancing or you'll have come for nothing".... and this really shocked everyone...

on the one hand, I perfectly understand how horrible this must be to see people being crashed on barriers right in front of you... but on the other hand, they're, as you said, a ROCKband.... do they expect people to knit during their gig :roftl: (which would be quite funny as a matter of fact...)?

I wished I could have been to any other "lively" gig and never have to tell this... reallly... but that's just how it all went... and that's too bad for them because their music is brilliant....

And I see what you mean with the A-B-C-D list!!! to be honest i really do appreciate interactive gigs much better as "static non-interactive gigs" with no atmosphere at all... But this kind of feelings are so personnal...

Anyway, I'm really pleased to see that all their gigs are not like that and that this was only an "accident" :wink2:

and I had a great night even though, thanks to other artists playing the same day at th festival (The gossip, kaiser Chiefs, and more...)

Thanks for your points of view!

Edited by Nanou

Niki, here is the french "sermon" of tuesday evening, so you can make your opinion (even though it's only a thiny part of the all gig)...:

sorry, I can't find the english one on youtube....*goes searching one more time*

:wink2:

Niki, here is the french "sermon" of tuesday evening, so you can make your opinion (even though it's only a thiny part of the all gig)...:

sorry, I can't find the english one on youtube....*goes searching one more time*

:wink2:

Oh but he was kinda nice this time, didn't even call them names ! :roftl:

He just complained about the moshpit. Rockbands like Placebo shouldn't expect people to be knitting at their gigs, naturally, but Placebo is one of these few rockbands which was already active and popular when the Roskilde drama occured back in 2000 and I bet they have that at the back of their mind when playing for huge crowds.

I'm not sure u know what I'm talking about so the story is: there was a moshpit at a festival in Denmark, Pearl Jam was playing, it turned bad, some people fell, others got squeezed against the barriers... 9 died, 40 were badly injured.

So what can I say... I think Brian was right to tell people to calm down if, from the stage, he could see things going out of control. When I saw Placebo at PP, I was front row and I can assure you everybody was jumping hard and that it was fun, but chaotic, and that there were little moshpits. He didn't complain then tho, so if he did at the Paleo, I'm sure he had his reasons.

Of course, he could ask in a nicer way but that's just him lol, he always has that very superior tone when adressing the crowd (or anyone actually) :teehee: It usually makes me laugh cause it's part of the character ;)

I'm not sure u know what I'm talking about so the story is: there was a moshpit at a festival in Denmark, Pearl Jam was playing, it turned bad, some people fell, others got squeezed against the barriers... 9 died, 40 were badly injured.

oh my.... this is just horrible.... I've never heard about that before (maybe I did but obviously I forgot... :blush-anim-cl:).

now I see what he was afraid of...poor him....

I must admit that I don't know the band well enough to understand Brian's attitude... maybe this is just the point actually :blink:...I just did not understand the character (but still, I really wish I'll never see his bad days as you say he was nice :aah:).

it's a really good thing that I had the opportunity to talk a bit about that with you!!! it really helped me to calm down and take a kind of distance with my first anger against him :protest: I'll just keep the good music memories now:thumb_yello:

so Thank You!!!

oh my.... this is just horrible.... I've never heard about that before (maybe I did but obviously I forgot... :blush-anim-cl:).

now I see what he was afraid of...poor him....

I must admit that I don't know the band well enough to understand Brian's attitude... maybe this is just the point actually :blink:...I just did not understand the character (but still, I really wish I'll never see his bad days as you say he was nice :aah:).

it's a really good thing that I had the opportunity to talk a bit about that with you!!! it really helped me to calm down and take a kind of distance with my first anger against him :protest:I'll just keep the good music memories now:thumb_yello:

so Thank You!!!

Do, and take the rest in a positive way. In 40 years you'll tell your grandchildren in a very solemn voice "I saw Brian Molko throwing fits on stage :mf_rosetinted:" and that'll sound uber cool!

:roftl:

Do, and take the rest in a positive way. In 40 years you'll tell your grandchildren in a very solemn voice "I saw Brian Molko throwing fits on stage :mf_rosetinted:" and that'll sound uber cool!

:roftl:

:roll1:

I will! for sure!!!

FAO Nanou:

Qq petites crises, pour te montrer que c'est pas nouveau :

:naughty::naughty:

MDR effectivement c'est pas nouveau du tout en fait :blink:

il semblerait même que ce soit presque récurent dis-donc :naughty:

merci, ça me rassure, y'a pas que la Suisse qu'il aime pas :roftl:

MDR effectivement c'est pas nouveau du tout en fait :blink:

il semblerait même que ce soit presque récurent dis-donc :naughty:

merci, ça me rassure, y'a pas que la Suisse qu'il aime pas :roftl:

They have a whole thread dedicated to Brian's daddy-like rants on the placebo forum lol. In one of the vids, he also ranted, and then explained to the crowd he didnt want anyone to get hurt, cause he would feel responsible, that he couldn't play if he saw people punching each other/moshpitting at the front cause they were ruining the gig for the audience and the band and that he wanted placebo gigs to be safe for everyone. He clearly overreacts at times but I think he's genuinely worried lol.

But see, yeah, it aint just in Switzerland ;)