Ahh. You'd be disappointed to know that PFWW has plans to become the official board. BUT this will be met with a flurry of "new" members (Steve Forrest and Come Undone fanatics etc) which will up the spam and probably send a rebellion' date=' however that's how the board seems to want to change to mirror Placebo's image. I am a "new" fan, but i know my facts so i generally agree with the people who have been around a while - and i'm currently upstarting a task involving a certain man and his new project.

Which is your board by the way?:confused:[/quote']

You've lost me :blink: You make it sound as if being an old or a new fan meant being a supporter of the new or old Steve.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ no that's not what i mean .. i love them both so much :teehee: (though now you come to mention it, i suppose it is that way for a few people, but not most)

I mean, the way in which newer fans usually don't so much understand what it used to be like for Placebo, many older fans find the newer fans a pest (it's hard to fit in as a new fan in that respect). I find i get along with everyone just fine because i know what they're all talking about.

It was kinda hard to cram into a paragraph... weirdly i had the first myspace group for Steve Forrest, but recently i've been *erm* "speaking to" Beanie about *lets the cat out of the bag* a forum i'm going to start dedicated to his new project, which i've offered him the chance to name. [that's classified info]

I'm just such an all-over Placebo fan, i've taken time to understand all the different stages that happened with the band and that's what i mean about relating to the older fans in that way. (Though i do stand by that some newer fans only know or care about the new album and the new drummer. Which is fine, i'm not knocking it, i just prefer to be involved with all of the band's history and the present too.)

edit: the "disappointed to know" was directed specifically at Diana's comment about the core Placebo site having a favourite forum, in the sense that "unfortunately" for the owners of other sites, PFWW is gaining popularity. (And that of course "BUT", not all the members are happy with this and would rather it stayed a "family". It's really internal issues.)

Sorry if i've somehow managed to seriously confuse anyone, obviously i'm used to addressing the crowd in question and having to accustom to this place too.:blush-anim-cl:

Edited by into>i<cated

^ no that's not what i mean .. i love them both so much :teehee: (though now you come to mention it' date=' i suppose it is that way for a few people, but not most)

I mean, the way in which newer fans usually don't so much understand what it used to be like for Placebo, many older fans find the newer fans a pest (it's hard to fit in as a new fan in that respect). I find i get along with everyone just fine because i know what they're all talking about.

It was kinda hard to cram into a paragraph... weirdly i had the first myspace group for Steve Forrest, but recently i've been *erm* "speaking to" Beanie about *lets the cat out of the bag* a forum i'm going to start dedicated to his new project, which i've offered him the chance to name. [that's classified info]

I'm just such an all-over Placebo fan, i've taken time to understand all the different stages that happened with the band and that's what i mean about relating to the older fans in that way. (Though i do stand by that some newer fans only know or care about the new album and the new drummer. Which is fine, i'm not knocking it, i just prefer to be involved with all of the band's history and the present too.)

edit: the "disappointed to know" was directed specifically at Diana's comment about the core Placebo site having a favourite forum, in the sense that "unfortunately" for the owners of other sites, PFWW is gaining popularity. (And that of course "BUT", not all the members are happy with this and would rather it stayed a "family". It's really internal issues.)

Sorry if i've somehow managed to seriously confuse anyone, obviously i'm used to addressing the crowd in question and having to accustom to this place too.:blush-anim-cl:

What do you mean "what it used to be like for Placebo"?

It's not so much a question of old fans vs new fans. Just like on any rockbands' boards, the tone on most Placebo forums is harsh, and you're put to the test before being accepted. And of course you always have arrogant idiots who think they know so much better than you just because they joined earlier lol.

Good thing you're helping Steve. Let us know about it.

How long have you been into Placebo btw?

What do you mean "what it used to be like for Placebo"?

It's not so much a question of old fans vs new fans. Just like on any rockbands' boards, the tone on most Placebo forums is harsh, and you're put to the test before being accepted. And of course you always have arrogant idiots who think they know so much better than you just because they joined earlier lol.

Good thing you're helping Steve. Let us know about it.

How long have you been into Placebo btw?

"What it used to be like for Placebo" = the scene that surrounded them, what their music was about and the members as individual people. The makeup of the band in the sense of influence, what inspired their music. This isn't really a statement about Forrest/Hewitt or overlapping fans.

Of course i try not to see it as "old fans vs new" but we really do get a lot of this because of course everyone is entitled to be in love with the era/album of Placebo from which they first knew them.

I knew them since Meds (2006/7), but the older albums fascinated me more and it's been a steep climb to know the majority of "important" Placebo facts which often take years to learn. This is what i do for the things i love, it's a natural learning curve towards things, i'm getting it for Mika too (within two weeks). It does annoy me that some fans are so opinionated. But definitely in the community i am in, if you wanted the reasons that shaped my comment:

-fact: fans from before SWG era know "everything", and it's not a bad thing because otherwise i wouldn't know any of it either.:aah:

-fact: a lot of original fans disliked the Meds album. Some of them have come back since BFTS because they've regained their respect for the band.

-fact: there are still arguments about the two Steves (which i find unnecessary as "Sunshine" Forrest is in no way attempting to be any other person than himself, and Beanie seems so happy with his new project that the argument shouldn't get in the way so much)

^ and that's partly why i'm starting the forum for him because in that case the membership is optional, and people who don't want to follow Beanie anymore can stay on the Placebo forums and ignore him. I offered him the opportunity also to contest to me any topics which he finds distasteful, and basically it won't be a Placebo discussion, but a discussion of the new project whatever it shapes up to be, and a peaceful atmosphere.

And again i'm sorry if i sound like i'm having a go at anyone, it seems to take me a lot of words to explain sometimes because i'm never very sure how many people i'm explaining to so i have to assume "all of you", and it's not directed spitefully to anyone here or on other forums, i like to stay good buddies with Placebo's rainbowy fans.

I dont feel like you're having a go at me lol. I just find the way you say things a bit cryptic at times, probably because I'm a foreigner, this is why I asked you to elaborate ;)

But see what I find so weird about some fans communities is this impression you have to dissecate everything and know everything to be a "fan". I've known Placebo almost since the moment they were formed, because they made a real buzz here. My country desperately lacking "local" bands and Brian being born in Brussels made it so they were labelled a Belgian band at first (I know, it's funny) and all teens immediately heard of them. But I never gave a real damn about sthg else than their tracks. And I still don't. Getting to know a band too well can kill the magic, sometimes, for me at least. This is why I'm reluctant to joing PWWF, and barely post on City. I read PWWF, and found the atmosphere a bit weird,with a lot of people showing off as if they were Placebo knowledge tanks. Good for them if they are, but if you have to know what Molko eats at breakfast to be accepted, thank you, but that's nothing for me ;)

^ hahaha as an inside member of PFWW, i found your point has made my day, because it is exactly right, and i'm glad we had this exchange of views because it's a while since i looked at it from the outside, and it is really rather too deep sometimes which is why i'm diverting Beanie's cause from 'Bo forums in general because it will do his group no favours to be only accessible inside tight-knit groups of SuperFans.

The forum's run like a tight ship and only has one active admin, which is to be applauded of course - but it's far from the fluffy cuddly discussions i've seen going on here, and sometimes really all i want is to feel like a 13 year old kid and talk about how nice someone sings and their pretty hair.:teehee: Rather than cold metallic "on topic" discussion which descends into arguments.

I bet there's no "drama" on MFC, because people here aren't taking themselves too seriously. (Of course not a knock to PFWW which i love, but already i find this forum is more adaptable and snuggly.) Though obviously Mika's community is going to be different... he's a whole other horse on the carousel than Cebo, and i acknowledge that.:wink2:

Edited by into>i<cated

^ hahaha as an inside member of PFWW' date=' i found your point has made my day, because it is [b']exactly right[/b], and i'm glad we had this exchange of views because it's a while since i looked at it from the outside, and it is really rather too deep sometimes which is why i'm diverting Beanie's cause from 'Bo forums in general because it will do his group no favours to be only accessible inside tight-knit groups of SuperFans.

The forum's run like a tight ship and only has one active admin, which is to be applauded of course - but it's far from the fluffy cuddly discussions i've seen going on here, and sometimes really all i want is to feel like a 13 year old kid and talk about how nice someone sings and their pretty hair.:teehee: Rather than cold metallic "on topic" discussion which descends into arguments.

I bet there's no "drama" on MFC, because people here aren't taking themselves too seriously. (Of course not a knock to PFWW which i love, but already i find this forum is more adaptable and snuggly.) Though obviously Mika's community is going to be different... he's a whole other horse on the carousel than Cebo, and i acknowledge that.:wink2:

Now I hope you ain't saying you like Brian's new hairstyle cause if so, we are really gonna disagree and engage in a bitchy debate about how he should or shouldn't shave his skull. Brian's hair is a VERY TOUCHY subject in this thread :sneaky2:

:roftl::roftl:

Now I hope you ain't saying you like Brian's new hairstyle cause if so, we are really gonna disagree and engage in a bitchy debate about how he should or shouldn't shave his skull. Brian's hair is a VERY TOUCHY subject in this thread :sneaky2:

:roftl::roftl:

haha no, i was rather thinking of a note i read about not boinging Mika's curls. :aah: my brother has curly hair also so i know obviously how irritating the poor guy would find it.

I've seen my fair few "Bring Back Short Haired Brian Back" petitions, and "Bring Nancy Boy Back", "Bring Back The Molko Mullet" arguments to even bother having an opinion. It might surprise you to find there are a lot of things i don't have an opinion on, other than it's crazy when people take it so seriously...:teehee:

I'm not going to quote everything, will just explain my own views.

Like I said, it's more me being pissed off at placeboworld because they said they would link us and they didn't.

I don't have anything against new fans, I don't think one should know how long Brian takes brushing his teeth to be a fan.

If you like the music, I'm ok with you.

Also, regarding new Steve, I think he's a better drummer than old Steve and he seems to be a lovely chap.

I'll always prefer old Steve because he was in the band I fell in love with but that doesn't mean I have any hard feelings towards Steven F.

I don't want to join PFWW because I made a Placeboforum with some friends in 2003 because the official Placebo forum (the brick ****house) was taken down and we felt homeless. So even though it's dead, I want to stay loyal to my old board.

haha no' date=' i was rather thinking of a note i read about not boinging Mika's curls. :aah: my brother has curly hair also so i know obviously how irritating the poor guy would find it.

I've seen my fair few "Bring Back Short Haired Brian Back" petitions, and "Bring Nancy Boy Back", "Bring Back The Molko Mullet" arguments to even bother having an opinion. It might surprise you to find there are a lot of things i don't have an opinion on, other than it's crazy when people take it so seriously...:teehee:[/quote']

They have petitions? :aah:

Where do I sign? :roftl:

They have petitions? :aah:

Where do I sign? :roftl:

'fraid it's just the kinda thing people on other forums add to their sig... then they add the names of other member friends who also would sign the petition.

We can do that here easy peasy, though somehow odd looks will be exchanged at signatures involving Placebo bandcest/old songs/hairstyles being begged for.:aah:

I'm not going to quote everything, will just explain my own views.

Like I said, it's more me being pissed off at placeboworld because they said they would link us and they didn't.

I don't have anything against new fans, I don't think one should know how long Brian takes brushing his teeth to be a fan.

If you like the music, I'm ok with you.

Also, regarding new Steve, I think he's a better drummer than old Steve and he seems to be a lovely chap.

I'll always prefer old Steve because he was in the band I fell in love with but that doesn't mean I have any hard feelings towards Steven F.

I don't want to join PFWW because I made a Placeboforum with some friends in 2003 because the official Placebo forum (the brick ****house) was taken down and we felt homeless. So even though it's dead, I want to stay loyal to my old board.

You are right, you know. I can identify with a lot of the things you said. And i think the culter a band is, the more "essential" tooth-brushing times become to the obsessed fanbase... i don't think it's necessary if it has nothing to do with the band and their music. I'll never understand the types who wanna know what school Brian's son attends or what brand of deodorant they all use... it's creepy.:blink:

Edited by into>i<cated

'fraid it's just the kinda thing people on other forums add to their sig... then they add the names of other member friends who also would sign the petition.

We can do that here easy peasy' date=' though somehow odd looks will be exchanged at signatures involving Placebo bandcest/old songs/hairstyles being begged for.:aah:[/quote']

Naaah, you'll only get odd looks if you have Brian giving people a middle finger as your avatar.

Right, Diana? :roftl:

I just came here to post that as i know you don't like his hair! :shocked:

Oh my god... he stole my haircut... *bites lip*

ima cry

Yeah... When Di told me on msn last night "Brian cut his hair", I felt overwhelmed with joy. Then she showed me the pics, and I was crushed :aah:

I'm sure it looks better on you than it does on him.

Thank you :teehee: i didn't expect that.

Well aha if you look at the lengths on his hair, it's all relative to the comparative length it was before so i think it was frazzled by straightening and needed to cut, same as mine (i used to have it like his was before he cut it..lol maybe he saw me at the Roundhouse or smth).:roftl:

I think he felt a bit iffy from Fan Bullying "Brian's new hair/ponytail/sideburns are horrible" and he wanted to scare us by showing how much worse it can be and then grow it again :aah: He's still so pretty though. I just don't like 21st Cenutry Emo Beatnik on him.