Queeniac Club

mandilambi

I know some people don't dig Paul Rodgers, but we fans have to be thankful enough for him in the fact that he was instrumental in getting another Queen tour together and he is also a huge part as to why Queen is doing another record right now. I can't express enough just how thankful I am for him.

You als ohave to leave the Freddie/Paul comparisons at the door. Paul does not want to be Freddie, nor do Brian and Roger want him to replace Freddie. This is impossible. So I say just enjoy the Queen for what they are bringing to the table. I would much rather have Queen than not have any at all.

I also hope to see them again on their upcoming tour. :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't express enough just how thankful I am for him.

Me too! :biggrin2:

And I don't think it's possible to compare them, they are just different. Paul is an excellent singer, I don't know much abt him as a writer, but... Brian and Roger are there, so the record must be good. Godd I can't wait! :punk:

I can't wait either! I think just having new music from Brian and Roger is wonderful! I am really glad that they chose someone like Paul, because he has been in the music business for just as long as they have and he has his own successes too. It's great that Queen fans and Paul Rodgers fans can unite together to enjoy some classic rock music. :)

I'm still up in the air about the whole Paul Rodgers deal...I'll be glad for new music from Roger and Brian, but I think they could have resurrected Queen without Paul, since both Roger and Brian are excellent singers. Roger would easily be able to handle the harder rock side of the band, and Brian could stick to the softer stuff. But still, I'm willing to give Queen + Paul Rodgers a try.:naughty:

I feel the same. I like that they got someone who is totally different from Freddie. Even though people still say "Nobody can replace Freddie!!!" as if this isn't already obvious to us. :)

I really enjoyed his performances of his songs at the Queen concert. I wasn't very familiar with any of his band's stuff, so that was cool!

I also think it would be awesome if Mika opened for Queen and Paul Rodgers' next tour. I can only imagine the comments we would get though. Just a bunch of more comments about how Mika is trying to be Freddie. Pfft. :P

I'm still up in the air about the whole Paul Rodgers deal...I'll be glad for new music from Roger and Brian, but I think they could have resurrected Queen without Paul, since both Roger and Brian are excellent singers. Roger would easily be able to handle the harder rock side of the band, and Brian could stick to the softer stuff. But still, I'm willing to give Queen + Paul Rodgers a try.:naughty:

You have to consider, though, that Paul is bringing in a huge amount of the fanbase too. I often wonder if Brian and Roger would be able to sell as well if they went on alone. I know there are some faithful Queen fans (myself included!), but who knows how well they would do when on their own. I imagine they would do great in the UK and other European countries, but I highly doubt the two of them would make huge dents here in the States. This is sad, but true, I think. :(

So what I mean to say is, Paul is doing a lot with bringing in his fanbase. I think the combination of Paul and Queen is great because the fans double when you combine the numbers. Just my two cents though.

I also think it would be awesome if Mika opened for Queen and Paul Rodgers' next tour. I can only imagine the comments we would get though. Just a bunch of more comments about how Mika is trying to be Freddie. Pfft. :P

OMG! That would be too fabulous... :biggrin2: I don't think i could handle it :shocked::naughty:

I'm sure if I get to see both, I won't care abt people comments cause i'll be flying who knows where!

But, yeah, that sort of comparisons are annoying.

You have to consider, though, that Paul is bringing in a huge amount of the fanbase too. I often wonder if Brian and Roger would be able to sell as well if they went on alone. I know there are some faithful Queen fans (myself included!), but who knows how well they would do when on their own. I imagine they would do great in the UK and other European countries, but I highly doubt the two of them would make huge dents here in the States. This is sad, but true, I think. :(

So what I mean to say is, Paul is doing a lot with bringing in his fanbase. I think the combination of Paul and Queen is great because the fans double when you combine the numbers. Just my two cents though.

yeah, you're right. There never were as many Queen fans here in the States compared to the rest of the world. For me its the other way around about the fanbase, as I'd never even heard of Paul Rodgers before he and Queen got together. I may buy the Return of the Champions live thing this weekend and see how much I like it. :biggrin2: To be honest, when I first got into Queen, I thought the new project was Roger Taylor + Queen, and I imagined him belting out all of their classics from behind his drum kit (that would be awesome) ,and I kept wondering why it was Roger Taylor + Queen, since he was in Queen since they started :blink: ...then I found out it was Queen + Paul Rodgers. :lol3:

yeah, you're right. There never were as many Queen fans here in the States compared to the rest of the world. For me its the other way around about the fanbase, as I'd never even heard of Paul Rodgers before he and Queen got together. I may buy the Return of the Champions live thing this weekend and see how much I like it. :biggrin2: To be honest, when I first got into Queen, I thought the new project was Roger Taylor + Queen, and I imagined him belting out all of their classics from behind his drum kit (that would be awesome) ,and I kept wondering why it was Roger Taylor + Queen, since he was in Queen since they started :blink: ...then I found out it was Queen + Paul Rodgers. :lol3:

You should definitely buy Return of the Champions. It's a great live performance and you can really see that Queen (and probably Paul too) can still deliver an awesome live show.

And lol about the Queen + Roger Taylor! That would've been an interesting tour, I suppose. ;)

I know!! Young Brian:wub2: lol :bleh: I'd like it because, as they didn't have so many albums, they played a lot more from the first-ones. I think it's just a matter of time.. there must be good material somewhere.

yes!!!They played also "White Queen"!!!!!!!:punk: oh how i love this song!!!!!!

i'm sorry...but my heart cries when Paul sings Queen songs...not because of his voice(:naughty:) he's a powerful voice...but...

I think that Queen could go on without a "lead" singer...only in 3 ( because now there isn't anymore John...they're no more Queen...)

I disagree. I think Queen can live on. Brian and Roger still have it in their hearts to perform and I believe that they are carrying Freddie and John's legacy on through performing Queen's music. Saying Queen is no more isn't right, because Brian and Roger are doing their best to be content with touring and they are trying to give the faithful fans more thing to enjoy.

Not only that, if Brian and Roger don't perform anymore or make new music, Queen will be dead completely. I for one, do not want that.

I disagree. I think Queen can live on. Brian and Roger still have it in their hearts to perform and I believe that they are carrying Freddie and John's legacy on through performing Queen's music. Saying Queen is no more isn't right, because Brian and Roger are doing their best to be content with touring and they are trying to give the faithful fans more thing to enjoy.

Not only that, if Brian and Roger don't perform anymore or make new music, Queen will be dead completely. I for one, do not want that.

yes i agree...i didn't want to say that Queen are died, and of sure i didn't want to say that Brian and Roger cannot cope with it...they're great, great musician...and that's why i think that they could go on without Paul Rodger.

they're 3 great musicians, composers, performers and Brian and Roger also great singers...(when brian sings "love of my life" i almost cry)and that's why they could go on singing, recording new cds...without a new singer...because we know that freddie is irreplaceble

:D

When I went to see Queen and PR live in Tokyo, and then bought the ROTC CD and also the DVD of the Japanese shows (not the one I went to, but it'll do!!) I was so impressed with the way they handled the whole "Paul is not replacing Freddie" thing. He really isn't, and couldn't, but I am really glad that having him there gave Brian and Roger whatever it was they needed to get back on the road and into the studios. WE are lucky to have QUEEN back in whichever form they choose.

I for one cannot wait for their new album.

BTW did anyone hear Roger Taylor's son's song last summer? He sounds just like his Dad.

When I went to see Queen and PR live in Tokyo, and then bought the ROTC CD and also the DVD of the Japanese shows (not the one I went to, but it'll do!!) I was so impressed with the way they handled the whole "Paul is not replacing Freddie" thing. He really isn't, and couldn't, but I am really glad that having him there gave Brian and Roger whatever it was they needed to get back on the road and into the studios. WE are lucky to have QUEEN back in whichever form they choose.

BTW did anyone hear Roger Taylor's son's song last summer? He sounds just like his Dad.

:thumb_yello: So good that u've enjoyed the concert! It's always great to hear from people who went there that it was good.

awwww I completely love Felix and Arty's song!!:wub2: It reminds me of spring, summer and the joy of being on holidays. :biggrin2:

He did sound like Roger, beautiful voice...

Somewhere in the world... it's a sunny day...:fisch:

I agree totally with you, Blue Sky. I think that Brian and Roger simply still have an immense desire to tour and put out new music and I think they feel Paul is the perfect person to help them do this. Honestly, I get frustrated by the comments about how Paul is replacing Freddie or how Freddie will never be replaced. We all know Freddie is irreplacable! I say enjoy the Queen that we have now for what it is and don't let the fond memories of the past die out. Because if fans are constantly thinking about how the Queen we have now is so inferior to as it was before, we're just making Brian and Roger's endeavors even harder to accomplish.

I also agree that we are lucky to have Queen at all! I will never knock the guys for the choices they've made and will always be thankful for Paul because he made it possible for me to see my heroes in concert!

Mika Owns Me - Queeniac # 27 - welcome to our humble club.:thumb_yello:

Here is a list of the Queeniacs up until now. :)

mandilambi - Queeniac #1

my rainbow radio - Queeniac #2

tantastic - Queeniac #3

claire - Queeniac #4

beckar - Queeniac #5

AKateisaKate - Queeniac #6

FairyFeller - Queeniac #7

italianfan - Queeniac #8

Sara_Zamuone_Oz - Queeniac #9

Mary - Queeniac #10

Kata - Queeniac #11

Eir - Queeniac #12

Queenie87 - Queeniac #13

esperia75 - Queeniac #14

crina - Queeniac #15

Fmbm - Queeniac #16

jengafer - Queeniac #17

Blue Sky - Queeniac #18

cloud - Queeniac #19

lovetoday - Queeniac #20

white queen - Queeniac #21

lollypop - Queeniac #22

violetsky- Queeniac #23

bee - Queeniac #24

Ju.Thulc-girl - Queeniac #25

Martincy - Queeniac #26

Mika Owns Me - Queeniac #27

There you have it. If I missed anyone, I apologize! I have pretty much added anyone that asked to be added. Everybody's welcome!