mika in ROLLING STONE

avoca

mika's featured on italian rolling stone. something to do with his appearance at san remo song contest. robertina was so kind to give heads up about this and she had scanned the mag for all MFC fans to see. unfortunately she's having some connection problems, so she asked me to post these scans on her behalf :)

enjoy! some great pics, esp. the one with the broom.

rollingstone1ayr5.jpg

rollingstone2lj6.jpg

rollingstone3afb2.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl: this interview is great! i couldn't understand a word of it though :biggrin2: !! and he definitely wears make-up !! look at his eyes !! the more i see him, the more i think that this song by katie perry " you're so gay" was made for him !!

thank you avoca!

quite frankly imho, this journalist doesn't know how to do her job. Her approach is snobbish, completely superficial; she obviously believes to be smarter than her interviewee and obviously tries to go all Oriana Fallaci on him, trying to upset him and make him uncomfortable, however, she doesn't Fallaci's wit or insight...

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

She also finds a way to makes homophobic comments (she claims that mika is gay and she calls his music "gay friendly" - not in a nice and polite way, implying that a gay musician cannot appeal to a 'serious' audience, but only to his gay-tribe...), however this gives a chance for Mika to display once again his sensitivity on the subject. Her knowledge of what the genre "pop" includes is quite questionable, especially given the fact that she should be a professional. Towards the end of the interview, she states her idols are Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix and Joe Strummer and that she'd rather interview people whose work she doesn't like. Mika tells her she's safe, because they're all dead by now. lol

Thank you for posting this! Although I hardly understand a word...

I love his love for details: have you seen the Italian flag on his chucks?

Nevertheless the pics make me think of one of Mika's statements (I think it was in the German vanity fair some time ago):

"Cool sein ist immer nur eine kalkulierte, falsche Pose. Deswegen funktioniert cool am besten auf Fotos. Du kannst ein Wrack sein, richtig fotografiert wirst du unsterblich."

Translation trial:

"Being cool is always only a calculated, untrue pose. That is why 'cool' works best on photos. You may be a wreck, but the right photographs can make you immortal."

Maybe that's the reason why I dont't really like that kind of hyper glossy supercool Mika pics that much.... if you have once seen him performing, talking or even just walking around, those pics get a strange fake notion...:thumbdown:

....only my interpretation....

great post, Matt! unfortunately, very correct translation....bad article, bad woman, bad everything..but the broom!:roftl:

i must say that press in Italy has not been friendly to mika so far... i only read rubbish.:thumbdown:

let's hope this will not prevent him to come back, as he promised 'with his blood' to me! i'm so scared of it, that i also dreamt him telling me he would not come back to Italy...'cause his managers said it was not worthwhile!!!:shocked: :shocked: .......just a dream, a nightmare daresay!!!

great post, Matt! unfortunately, very correct translation....bad article, bad woman, bad everything..but the broom!:roftl:

i must say that press has not been friendly to mika so far... i only read rubbish.:thumbdown:

let's hope this will not prevent him to come back, as he promised 'with his blood' to me! i'm so scared of it, that i also dreamt him telling me he would not come back to Italy...'cause his managers said it was not worthwhile!!!:shocked: :shocked: .......just a dream, a nightmare daresay!!!

I could say the same, not necessarily for all the German press but at least for the (few) german interviews and appearances in live shows. But I think that he will come back for his fans and not for the press. He's such a good boy :wink2:

Nevertheless the pics make me think of one of Mika's statements (I think it was in the German vanity fair some time ago):

"Cool sein ist immer nur eine kalkulierte, falsche Pose. Deswegen funktioniert cool am besten auf Fotos. Du kannst ein Wrack sein, richtig fotografiert wirst du unsterblich."

Translation trial:

"Being cool is always only a calculated, untrue pose. That is why 'cool' works best on photos. You may be a wreck, but the right photographs can make you immortal."

Maybe that's the reason why I dont't really like that kind of hyper glossy supercool Mika pics that much.... if you have once seen him performing, talking or even just walking around, those pics get a strange fake notion...:thumbdown:

totally agree, nevertheless he looks great and wearing Dolce&Gabbana shoes...:bleh:

i think also that he may like to do some 'right photographs' from time to time...otherwise he would not pose this way at all! nobody's firing him with a gun...

Btw, for those of you who don't understand italian, to give you an idea of the contents of the article, I'll translate the title: "Non sono una signora" means "I'm not a lady"... I think this title says a lot on the journalist who picked it... :thumbdown:

I'm hoping with you... let's not forget that after almost 20 years of bad press, some artist by the name of Madonna - which some of you may have already heard about! lol - although still very commercially popular in our country, has almost gave up on us completely, i.e. she doesn't come to TV shows, she does little interviews and she even stopped speaking italian during her rare concert appearence... :( I hope the press won't annoy Mika that much!

matt i agree with you 100%!!!! some journalists shouldn't be called journalists...:sneaky2::thumbdown: and what concern italian press is true! but at least the article on xl was a good one!

Yeah, the article on XL was decent enough. I mean, it doesn't have to be necesserely favourable to Mika and his work, but at least it should show some interest...

C'est quoi cette mise en scène pourrie?!!!

He can clean my room whenever he wants :roftl:

He doesn't wear make up life the Dawid BOWIE

He doesn't wear make up like the young David BOWIE. I suppose that it's only for the photos (that's correct to use thze word photos in english? :blink:)

we should complain with rollin stone x the journalist! she's too presumptuous! :thumbdown:

I don't think complaining is the way in this case... if we complain it's a way of saying "the things you wrote are important to me". I think the article speaks for itself, that woman doesn't deserve any attention from us! ;)

Translation trial:

Totally agree with you!!! I prefer Mika when he's "au naturel". The pics doesn't reflect who he is.

It's strange that he receives such bad criticims. The French press is very nice with him. A French journalist wrote that she would like write that his music sucks because everybody says what his music is wonderful. But she said that she couldn't because it was totally untrue.

I think thet the journalists who criticize Mika only do it because everybody says he's great!!!

I don't think complaining is the way in this case... if we complain it's a way of saying "the things you wrote are important to me". I think the article speaks for itself, that woman doesn't deserve any attention from us! ;)

but the things she wrote become important to me if she puts these things in a wrong way.i mean, i don't care if a month ago she was in LA with joaquin phoenix...she's a journalist of rolling stone and for this reason she should be professional.just because she doesn't like mika, does she has the right to put him in a bad light?to me, she's been unpolite.:thumbdown: i really didn't like the article at all!:mf_rosetinted:

but the things she wrote become important to me if she puts these things in a wrong way.i mean, i don't care if a month ago she was in LA with joaquin phoenix...she's a journalist of rolling stone and for this reason she should be professional.just because she doesn't like mika, does she has the right to put him in a bad light?to me, she's been unpolite.:thumbdown: i really didn't like the article at all!:mf_rosetinted:

I don't care about Daniel McVicar either... or what her favourite musicians are, for that matter! lol

Do you think we should write down something? We could do it, but I'm not sure it would be effective... :)

Darlene Conley may rest in peace... :°

I don't care about Daniel McVicar either... or what her favourite musicians are, for that matter! lol

Do you think we should write down something? We could do it, but I'm not sure it would be effective... :)

Darlene Conley may rest in peace... :°

we could write something but as you,i'm afraid it wouldn't be effective...as every complaint in italy! :wink2:

Hey I'll translate it for those who don't understand Italian:thumb_yello:

i thought it too and i was doin it! but maybe it's better if you do it! i'm afraid i couldn't translate it because of my bad english!:thumb_yello:

omg, no no no no no.. an homophobic review then..?? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

horror and disbelief!! :shocked: :shocked:

oh, I HATE things like this.... :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

I can't see him wearing make up on that pic, but nevertheless most male models do and that doesn't mean they are gay: ian somerhalder does it and he's not gay.

as for me, he can wear a clown costume on interviews and I DON'T CARE! *will make freddiesdouble proud with this LMAO*

posing or wearing make up in shows or interviews doesn't qualify him as gay, there's s so much more to it than that! and if he's gay, it's 10.0000% by me. and many others.