2007 -- Mika on German Vanity Fair Cover

titania

yeah, the magic of google translations :bleh: ....

I really hope Mika doesn't have sleepless nights now wondering if he might be suffering from diabetes :bleh:

for as we know being terribly thirsty in the morning can also have more obvious causes :biggrin2: - mostly depending on where and how you spent the night before :roftl:

A really funny interwiev :roftl:

Though I recall he said he liked the school uniforms in a Swdish interview?

Anyway, I'd love to see the interviewer's expression when Mika answered his/hers questions ^^

LOVE that interview!!!!

The M. Thatcher bit - LOL!!!! Hilarious!!!:roftl:

The red jeans and brown top - love how he was pissed off with the interviewer :roftl: (don't know why I loved it so much, really, but I enjoyed reading it!)

The dancing from this heart bit- priceless!!!! :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

It can be viewed online here

http://www.vanityfair.de/articles/leute/der-mann-der-queen-sein-will/2007/04/04/00248/

this is from april 4th and the author describes Mika as 'alarmingly asexual' LOL!

thanx for the link! :original: but i don't think he means mika himself with "asexual", in the context it seems a bit different to me. the meaning is more like that mika plays with asexuality, it's part of the show. the article is critical but overall positive.

i'll try to translate the part with the "asexual" comment:

(before this paragraph: many compare mika to freddie mercury and the scissor sisters)

but he doesn't have anything of the thronging obscenity of the queen lead singer and only a little bit of the art student bitchiness of the new yorkers. his business is a -up to the very last ringlet- camp, disturbingly asexual, masculine cheerfulness. with the taste of flan. no-one flirts that skilfully and consistently with his differentness than mika, who numbers among his influences the peculiar songwriter harry nilsson, the electric light orchestra and the disney-soundtracks of the 50s. everything about him is so wrong that it can only be dead right. this week, "grace kelly" shot to the top ten also in germany.

hope that makes sense. - sorry, it's quite difficult to translate because the author uses this metaphorical language, i had to look up most of the words.

It can be viewed online here

http://www.vanityfair.de/articles/leute/der-mann-der-queen-sein-will/2007/04/04/00248/

this is from april 4th and the author describes Mika as 'alarmingly asexual' LOL!

asexual? I think now we've definitely heard everything!

I don't like this aritcle... der Mann der Queen sein will... Michael Penniman.... I there's not much I actally believe

asexual? I think now we've definitely heard everything!

I don't like this aritcle... der Mann der Queen sein will... Michael Penniman.... I there's not much I actally believe

you're right about the name, they got that wrong... but i think the title refers to the line in grace kelly, "so i tried a little freddie". either they misunderstood that, or, what i think, they just wanted a good catchy headline - and it certainly is, for those people who don't know mika. everyone knows who queen are, so "the man who wants to be queen" is something that attracts attention, and that's the only purpose of a headline, to make people wanna read the article.

thanx for the link! :original: but i don't think he means mika himself with "asexual", in the context it seems a bit different to me. the meaning is more like that mika plays with asexuality, it's part of the show. the article is critical but overall positive.

i'll try to translate the part with the "asexual" comment:

(before this paragraph: many compare mika to freddie mercury and the scissor sisters)

but he doesn't have anything of the thronging obscenity of the queen lead singer and only a little bit of the art student bitchiness of the new yorkers. his business is a -up to the very last ringlet- camp, disturbingly asexual, masculine cheerfulness. with the taste of flan. no-one flirts that skilfully and consistently with his differentness than mika, who numbers among his influences the peculiar songwriter harry nilsson, the electric light orchestra and the disney-soundtracks of the 50s. everything about him is so wrong that it can only be dead right. this week, "grace kelly" shot to the top ten also in germany.

hope that makes sense. - sorry, it's quite difficult to translate because the author uses this metaphorical language, i had to look up most of the words.

I think it's a great bit of article!!!! Not the most positive towards MIKA, but clever and makes an interesting read, it's a view from a different angle!!! :thumb_yello:

thx for posting and for translating ! :thumb_yello:

wow I love how incredibly sarcastic he is throughout the interview... lol...

don't ever insult Mika about his fashion sense !!! :naughty:

Mika... I LOVE your style... only you can pull it off so great !!!

and I WANT that brown hoodie !

thx for posting and for translating ! :thumb_yello:

wow I love how incredibly sarcastic he is throughout the interview... lol...

don't ever insult Mika about his fashion sense !!! :naughty:

Mika... I LOVE your style... only you can pull it off so great !!!

and I WANT that brown hoodie !

Yeah I would kill for that hoodie!!! I love the way he dresses...and I love how he's never scared to say what's on his mind!

:thumb_yello:

"VF

Do you possibly suffer from diabetes and don’t know it yet?

Mika

Great, now that’s a very motivating interview. A little while ago I was told that I don’t have any taste, and now I have diabetes. What’s next? Will we all die tomorrow?"

LMFAO! That totally made me giggle!

lol, the interview was really funny! But I didn't quite get if he was really offended over the remarks on his clothes or if he was just joking... did anyone else understand?

MIKA -GENIUS

HOW STUPID JOURNALIST

Mika is on the cover of German Vanity Fair, the interview is online here

http://www.vanityfair.de/articles/leute/ich-will-die-rueckspultaste-fuers-leben/2007/04/24/00608/

(Perez announced it on his site http://perezhilton.com/topics/mika/hello_deutschland_20070424.php:naughty:

(just went to listen to Feist's My man my moon - never heard of it before... oh I like )

Me Lika this song too. :punk: I did the same thing lol - reminds me a bit of Regina Spektor so far-but gotta hear more.

lol, the interview was really funny! But I didn't quite get if he was really offended over the remarks on his clothes or if he was just joking... did anyone else understand?

Actually - I think both. I can imagine very well that he was a little offended because he spends a lot of time to get everything PERFECT - icluding his style. Apart from that it was really quite rude of the interviewer to say that.

But - I also think, Mika got over it quickly and then it was rather a joke to bring that topic up again and again in nearly any answer. (I must say the questions were perfect to do so... :biggrin2: )

really funny, he is perfect!!!

VF

Do you have a recurring dream?

Mika

Yes. That means I will have one: I go on a stage, sing and jump around there and then everybody turns around, disgusted, because I combined red pants with a brown hood jumper. Then I will wake up.

i think he has a problem with red pants and brown hood jumper... hahaha:roftl:

• 9 years later...

an extract of this interview on "OUT" magazine.

Wed, 2007-04-25 07:01

Mika ♥ Thatcher

VF: Who is the best-dressed woman in the world?

Mika: Gosh...Can I get some suggestions?

VF: Let's take Madonna. Or Nicole Kidman. Or maybe Victoria Beckham

Mika: With those suggestions, I can only give one answer: Margaret Thatcher

VF: Who is the best-dressed man in the world?

Mika: Margret Thatcher.

VF: Who would you like to get a beer with?

Mika: Definitely not Margaret Thatcher!

VF: What's been your greatest fashion faux-pas?

Mika: A few days ago I went on stage wearing tight red pants and a
brown hoodie. I know that that was a serious crime. I'm ashamed of it.
I feel terrible and can't sleep at night anymore.

• Like 2