Mika @ Studio A in Miami, Florida

dcdeb

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:original: Just a link to Love Today in Miami for an idea of the concert/venue. The video quality isn't wonderful but it's nearly the entire song and from a closer point than some of the other Miami vids up on YouTube so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_BV_fNSRMc

:shocked: still shocked from the "big bust on" part :shocked:

• 1 month later...
5:00: Pulled into the parking lot. It was pouring rain, and this guy took $10 for the parking and ran off. We ended up paying $20 for the parking. My mom was freaking out because she was afraid we were going to be shot or mugged because five bums were hanging around. We found a group of college kids to walk over to Studio A with us.

5:30: Started to wait in line. We made an umbrella chain because there were 6 of us (including the college kids) and only 3 medium sized umbrellas.

5:45?: I found the girls I met on the Mika Fan Club website. Mika's assistant came out and comended us for being groupies/hardcore fans. She passed out event flyers/posters and garbage bag ponchos. Oh yeah, and she called the police to send out security because crazy people were hanging around us. My beautiful straight hair curled and frizzed up from the humidity :(...but Mika likes curly hair better anyway!

8:00: Bouncer came out to tell us we had to wait 35 min or more because they were still doing soundchecks. Lollipop girls came out and handed out lollipops.

9:30: They FINALLY let us in! I briskly walked in and got a spot in front of the stage (center-rightish).

11:00?: Mika came on stage!!! Here is the order of the songs:

Relax Take It Easy

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) (LOVED it)

My Interpretation

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Stuck in the Middle (amazing, amazing!)

Ring Ring

Sweet Dreams

Holy Johnny

Happy Ending (I got video footage of this)

I Want You Back

Love Today (shirtless drum solo)

Grace Kelly (held my hand <3)

Lollipop (Furry Finale)

Mika is really, really tall! He is not skeletal skinny, just long and lean. He was wearing Charlotte High colors; he wore blue, skinny pants with a shiny gold outerseam, a white button-down shirt with 3/4 sleeves, black and silver metallic sneakers, and white suspenders with silver glitter. Later, his neon yellow/green briefs were showing :o. His hair is super curly, and later, his sweat dripped from his hair. He has nice teeth, big brown eyes, hairy arms, and a long neck. Oh yeah, since I was only 6 inches away from him when he stood in front of me, I realized his zipper was broken :o. Uh oh! :]

After Big Girl, Mika sat at the Yamaha keyboard. He is a hardcore pianist! He banged down on those keys, stood up and jumped while playing, and belted out each note! Wowwee-wow-woo-wow.

Here I would like to mention that everyone around me was screaming and shouting out the lyrics, and the sound quality was poor because the speakers were behind me. However, it was not too bad because I could hear Mika from wear I was standing, and he sounds exactly (or even better) than the CD. So, I was not missing anything new.

In between songs, he would say a few words. It was hard to hear because of the sound issue and his British accent. Before, Love Today he said something along the lines of "Now, we are going to show you all what we are made of! So show us what you are made of! Do anything you want! Let's start a rave/get crazy!" Before Big Girl, he asked "Are there any big girls here? Are you sure? This one is for all the big girls out there!". He also talked about how Miami is special to him because it is where he had his first gig.

During Grace Kelly, Mika came to me. I swear for the majority of the song he was standing on my side of the stage right in front of me. Jealous girls were jumping all over me trying to touch his hand, and they pushed my hand away. The most memorable moment of that night was when he lowered his hand to mine and held my fingers AND HE LINGERED!!!! He just did not high-five me or graze my hand; he held my hand and slowly (SLOWLY) let go to do the signature Grace Kelly move from the video. His hand was really warm, super soft, and sweaty. He did not touch anyone else in that moment. Just me. It felt like an eternity in that grasp.

The finale was WONDERFUL! First they performed a little dance in which each band member was dressed up in an animal costume. Mika was obviously the Big Bad Wolf because the wolf was wearing the metallic sneakers. During the dance, they circled around a bunny carrying and hammer and began raping/attacking her. The bunny struck the wolf with her hammer and knocked all the other creatures down, too. The bunny was soon revealed to be the female drummer, and everyone went back to their positions to start playing. Mika sang while the Lollipop and Big girls danced. Huge balloons (teal, yellow, orange, pink, blue) were being bounced around the club, confetti was released, and bubbles were floating around the room! It was spectacular!

Sadly, Mika had to go, and I could not meet him because I did not have a backstage pass.

Fortunately, a stage crew member gave me the piece of paper taped to the stage floor with the order of all the songs. I think Mika's footprint is on it!

We were shoved out of the club, and that was it!

But... I swear I saw Mika sitting on the curb in the alleyway behind the club as we drove by to get on the interstate.

Overall, the concert was the best ever! It was fun and crazy! Mika is my #1 favorite music artist, and I hope I can go to dozens of his concerts in the future!

you!?!?! i remember you! i remember seeing him grab your hand, and i was like "???!!!!" i was very jealous! i was standing on the right, near to the front, but not close enough to touch him. during the middle of "lollipop" i moved up to the stage against a speaker (the black stuff rubbed off on my shirt :( ) and the security guard had to move me away, because i was blocking the bubble machine. after it ended, i was standing next to you when you asked for the paper, and i swear to god the guy was going to hand it to me, he was looking right at me, and then handed it to you. i was very jealous.