A random thread

Sivan

it's a weird system...in italy it doesn't go in this way (i think :blink: ) you take your degree and then you choose your speciality...

It's like that because too many people were choosing the same specialities, and the same cities (cause you choose your city too after the final exam), so there were huge disparities between some regions of France... So they thought it was a good idea to regulate everything...

And to enter proper medicine studies, you have to pass a ranking exam after one year of University. They take 14-15% of people who have this exam (by faculty). You have the right to have it only twice.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

don't know what's the MCATS... but also in italy there's a ranking exam and a lot of people try it! in padova (where i study) there are about 1000 ppl that try that exam and only 150 (i think) people, will pass it!!! sometimes seems that every1 want to study med... :blink:

ooo wow i hate tenth grade! i just wanna be out of high school it sucks mucho! i was happy today to find that i can get on this forum in my intro to computers class!! even tho everything else is blocked in my gay school! MIKA OUTSMARTED THE SYSTEM!!:punk: rock on!

oh wait untill 11th grade, im on the verge of a breakdown and your from ny too, wait untill you have 4 regents and sats in the same year i promise 10th grade isnt bad

the mcats must just be a US thing then...my bro had to take it..like his last year of college or something..i think its basically your score on that depends on if you can get into med school and what ones you can apply to...my other bro had to take the DATS i think for dental school..not quite sure tho

i thought it was hard to get into med school anywhere!! my bro told me a handful of ppl in his class dropped out the like first weeks cus they werent willing to do the work! haha thatd prob be me cus im suchhh a procrastinator! :bleh:

alot of medical programs are really hard to get into, ot/pt programs are usually really prestigious and hard to get into

don't know what's the MCATS... but also in italy there's a ranking exam and a lot of people try it! in padova (where i study) there are about 1000 ppl that try that exam and only 150 (i think) people, will pass it!!! sometimes seems that every1 want to study med... :blink:

Yeah, 15%, like here...

But we also have the ranking exam at the end, to choose the speciality... Before 2 years ago, it was also a ranking exam where there wasn't a place for everyone !!! So people were studying 6 years to be told after 6 years that they can't be an intern cause they are 5800th and they only take 5799 people !!!!! Now, everybody is sure to have a place somewhere, but what you will be depends on your rank... If you wanna be a surgeon, you'll have to try harder than if you wanna be a GP... Cause the first places that are taken are the surgery ones, and some medical specialities like radiology, cardiology, etc.

the mcats must just be a US thing then...my bro had to take it..like his last year of college or something..i think its basically your score on that depends on if you can get into med school and what ones you can apply to...my other bro had to take the DATS i think for dental school..not quite sure tho

Ok, i knew that American students had to take 2 years of Uni before getting into Medical studies... So the MCATS in the exam you take to get into it after the 2 years... Ok...

Yeah, 15%, like here...

But we also have the ranking exam at the end, to choose the speciality... Before 2 years ago, it was also a ranking exam where there wasn't a place for everyone !!! So people were studying 6 years to be told after 6 years that they can't be an intern cause they are 5800th and they only take 5799 people !!!!! Now, everybody is sure to have a place somewhere, but what you will be depends on your rank... If you wanna be a surgeon, you'll have to try harder than if you wanna be a GP... Cause the first places that are taken are the surgery ones, and some medical specialities like radiology, cardiology, etc.

oh... the thing of the not enough places was aweful!!!! luckly they changed it!

Ok, i knew that American students had to take 2 years of Uni before getting into Medical studies... So the MCATS in the exam you take to get into it after the 2 years... Ok...

well idk but my bro went to four years and then hes in his second year of med school out of 4 and then he has to go on for quite a lot of years as an intern....my dad is a urologist and he spent four years of college four years of med school and somewhere around 4-5 years as an intern...usually ppl go to four yyears of college here

well idk but my bro went to four years and then hes in his second year of med school out of 4 and then he has to go on for quite a lot of years as an intern....my dad is a urologist and he spent four years of college four years of med school and somewhere around 4-5 years as an intern...usually ppl go to four yyears of college here

Oh, yeah, 4 years of Uni, right ! :biggrin2:

its shorter for you!!!??? if it is im moving there=]

No no it's not ! We really don't have the same system : we directly enter a med school, at the end of 1st year you take the exam where 15% go in 2nd year, then you have 5 years... That takes you to 6th year, at the end of which you have the 2nd big national exam... And then, 4 to 5 years as an intern... Since you often take two 1st years, you have 7 years before internship, then 4 to 5 years of internship... See ?

No no it's not ! We really don't have the same system : we directly enter a med school, at the end of 1st year you take the exam where 15% go in 2nd year, then you have 5 years... That takes you to 6th year, at the end of which you have the 2nd big national exam... And then, 4 to 5 years as an intern... Since you often take two 1st years, you have 7 years before internship, then 4 to 5 years of internship... See ?

i think it's pretty much the same in sweden