Mika singing in opera

kristin897

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if anyone has already said...but I read somewhere that he hasn't natural curls... But I still love him: I have curly and stright them, so I can't blame him :naughty:

About the picture...He was simply awesome! he looks more little than 14, but his face is simply perfect....as it is now :wub2:

I love his bit scared expression...I would like to cuddle him :huglove:

listening to the sound clip now! so far its just music...

There is just an intro on this sound sample. On the record it lasts over 11 minutes. He sings in the beginning and in the end of the scene, and one sentence in the middle of the scene (Act IV Scene 1 The Pilgrim meets Mister By-Ends). His voice isn't broke yet, but it's easily recognizable.

Also, sorry for double posting (this computer won't let me edit my entries for some reason...) but on US iTunes (I don't know about the others) if you open up the store, type in "the Pilgrim's Progress" and click on "The Pilgrim's Progress: Act IV: Scene 1: The Pilgrim Meets Mr By-Ends," the sample has about 10 seconds of Mika singing on it (I think it's him) at the very end. :)

Haha! Really, I was wondering for weeks when the first pics of Mika as a child would appear. So here we go :thumb_yello:

Oh, and as for the curls: :mf_rosetinted:

Honestly - and if it was only to prevent Sou from having a nervous breakdown (hehe) we should implement a couple of new rules here:

I'd suggest:

1. Nobody is talking about Mika's curls being not natural.

2. Nobody is talking about Mika's curls being not natural.

3. Nobody is talking about Mika's ....

Time for another "We don't care" - thread? :roftl::wink2:

Haha! Really, I was wondering for weeks when the first pics of Mika as a child would appear. So here we go :thumb_yello:

Oh, and as for the curls: :mf_rosetinted:

Honestly - and if it was only to prevent Sou from having a nervous breakdown (hehe) we should implement a couple of new rules here:

I'd suggest:

1. Nobody is talking about Mika's curls being not natural.

2. Nobody is talking about Mika's curls being not natural.

3. Nobody is talking about Mika's ....

Time for another "We don't care" - thread? :roftl::wink2:

Hahahaha! Now that was hilarious! It also made me realise how totally psychotic I am, lol Good rule though ;)

why is everyone freakin out about the curls! it's obvious that his hair is short in that picture and he has big loose curls so his hair is obviously not long enough to curl!!

Haha, yeah...that's what I meant by "they haven't matured yet". Although your way of describing it is much better :P lol

Love classic music, i'm so happy he have done that kind of music!

AWWW! He's looks so different.. He looks way better now, but maybe that's because I'm not really into small children :naughty: (lol)

Thanks for sharing all this :thumb_yello: It's awesome.. Cutie little Mika, gonna show it to my friend...:biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

Thank you kristin for bringing this to attention! :D I always wondered if any of these recordings of his opera days existed!

I must admit I've never heard of The Pilgrim's Progress... :bleh: I'll try to check it out and fill this gap, however...

Italians do it better! Does anybody know if he ever sung in any italian opera? I would die for anything from Puccini's repertoire!!!

Other classical performances of Mika:

Die Frau ohne Schatten (Royal Opera)

Curlew River (Covent Garden Festival)

Oliver! (Palladium)

Warchild (National Youth Music Theatre)

Oy! I guess you already answered my question! :( sadly, no Puccini and no chance to hear him sing in my own language!