Mika @ Festival Foire Aux Vins - Colmar, Alsace (France): Aug 8 2007

Yoppappop

I said that because he cancelled the Portugal festival (5th august) and the Colmar festival doesn't appear in their gig list (on my space)

But Mirtilla, don't be worry....Mika or not I decided to enjoy the festival...with wine:naughty: so IT WILL BE A GREAT MOMENT WITH THE OTHER FRENCH FANS...we have planned a lot of things! and Colmar it's so a beautiful place with a lot of things to visit, less than Florence I have to admit :bleh::wink2:! (I'm also a student in art history so...)

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I said that because he cancelled the Portugal festival (5th august) and the Colmar festival doesn't appear in their gig list (on my space)

But Mirtilla, don't be worry....Mika or not I decided to enjoy the festival...with wine:naughty: so IT WILL BE A GREAT MOMENT WITH THE OTHER FRENCH FANS...we have planned a lot of things! and Colmar it's so a beautiful place with a lot of things to visit, less than Florence I have to admit :bleh::wink2:! (I'm also a student in art history so...)

yeah, but he would have been back from USA already so..i wouldn't fear about this one.

Never have been to Colmar, i really have no idea what it looks like...i need to take some time to visit france!

Awww, Colmar.

I visited it briefly when I was staying with a German family... I forget why, but we only had two hours, but the mother was determined that I should see it! So she drove me there, and then we had to--literally, at times!--run through the entire place in 2 hours! It was pretty funny. Walk walk walk, run run run, photo photo photo, and then back in the car so as to be back in time for dinner.

--Jack

so I'm :roftl: :roftl: :woot_jump: until Colmar!I'm waiting it with a huge impatience!

and thanx for the girl with weird hair:naughty: the question is : can we call this "hair"?:bleh::biggrin2:

I'd so love to come!! especially because it's not far away... :(

so I'm :roftl::woot_jump: until Colmar!I'm waiting it with a huge impatience!

and thanx for the girl with weird hair:naughty: the question is : can we call this "hair"?:bleh::biggrin2:

Wait a second... Are you talking about me ? :sneaky2: :sneaky2:

And i don't know, i only suppose and speculate...

For Mirtilla

[attach]3730[/attach]

[attach]3731[/attach]

[attach]3732[/attach]

[attach]3733[/attach]

oh thank you laurence, it's beautiful!! wow!! *added to the places i must visit list*

I was supposing and speculating about the fact that they wouldn't cancel a 10.000 people gig... Not about the fact that my hair is wonderful :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: Yop you're so modest!

For your culture (sorry for my approximative english..)

After the Second World war, the economy of l'Alsace (the colmar's region) was desasterstricken. The vine was, at this period, the only alsace's richness.

The Colmar's chamber of commerce, created in 1948 'The regional fair of Alsace's wines'. At the times of the first leaves, this event was a real touristic attraction. The first "fairs" was in Colmar center , where every night, near the 15 august, the vine growers, proposed visitors to taste their varieties of vines, in a colored and folk musical athmosphere.

With the mechanization of agriculture, the fair bacame general

like the Strasbourg or Paris ones.

In 1957, the first stars of Paris came in Colmar.

Little by little, a real festival was completing " la Foire aux Vins", attracting French and international artists among : Edith Piaf, Charles Trenet, Joséphine Baker, Ray Charles, etc.

For security reasons, it's in 1968 the fair was moved in the north of the city, in the actual Exhibitions parc.

A terrible fire devasteted, during the fair of 1979, most of the parc (with no victims)

The 80's was the beginning of a new start for the "Foire aux Vins". La frequency haven't stopped to grow up.

It was in 2000 The new theater was inaugured. With the capacity of 10 000 places, it's the alsacienne copy of the Hollywood Bowl (Los Angeles).

The modern equipment is very appreciated by the artist like James Brown, Manu Chao, Placebo, Massive Attack, etc.

Couvert aux deux tiers par une structure originale en accordéon et ouvert sur les côtés, le Théâtre de Plein-Air peut accueillir 6 000 spectateurs debouts et 4 000 assis. Il est équipé d'une scène modulaire de 30x15m qui peut accueillir tous les genres musicaux et les plus grandes productions.Le Théâtre de Plein Air peut être utilisé de mi-mai à fin septembre. Différentes configurations sont possibles avec, par exemple, un ajout de chaises pour un spectacle "Tout assis".

I think it will be a little complicated...hummm they have a very special food :shocked: :shocked: :shocked::boxed:

Baeckoffe (ou baekeoffe): boiled meat and potatoes marinated in white wine.

Bibeleskäs: soft white cheese with shallots and fried potatoes.

Choucroute: refers to both the dish and the vegetable which can be garnished with grilled saveloy or fish.

Fleischkiechle: spicy meatballs.

Fleischnecke: ("meat snails") boiled beef rolled up in lasagna-type bands of pasta.

Grumbeerekiechle: potato flat cakes.

Kassler: smoked pork fillets.

Knepfle: dumplings, made of mashed potatoes, egg yolks and flour.

Kougelhopf: tall, sweet pastry for breakfast or afternoon tea. Non-sweet variety also available.

Lewerknepfle: pig´s liver dumplings.

Presskopf: parsleyed pork headcheese.

Rustcherla: (or "Rustchala") traditional little, flat-bottomed glass.

Mixed Salad: Swiss cheese and finely sliced saveloy salad.

Saumagen (or Saumawe): stuffed pork stomach.

Schiffala: Shoulder of pork marinated in white wine.

Spätzle: Alsatian noodles.

Stammtisch: table d´hôte. The regulars´ table in a winstub (wine cellar).

Sueri Nierli: Veal or pork kidneys cooked in vinegar.

Wädele: Small pork knuckle.

Wasserstriwala: word for "spätzle" in the "High Rhine" region.

Winstub: wine cellar. Called "wistub" in the "High Rhine" region.

NO COMMENT :boxed::naughty: :naughty:

I think it will be a little complicated...hummm they have a very special food :shocked::boxed:

Baeckoffe (ou baekeoffe): boiled meat and potatoes marinated in white wine.

Bibeleskäs: soft white cheese with shallots and fried potatoes.

Choucroute: refers to both the dish and the vegetable which can be garnished with grilled saveloy or fish.

Fleischkiechle: spicy meatballs.

Fleischnecke: ("meat snails") boiled beef rolled up in lasagna-type bands of pasta.

Grumbeerekiechle: potato flat cakes.

Kassler: smoked pork fillets.

Knepfle: dumplings, made of mashed potatoes, egg yolks and flour.

Kougelhopf: tall, sweet pastry for breakfast or afternoon tea. Non-sweet variety also available.

Lewerknepfle: pig´s liver dumplings.

Presskopf: parsleyed pork headcheese.

Rustcherla: (or "Rustchala") traditional little, flat-bottomed glass.

Mixed Salad: Swiss cheese and finely sliced saveloy salad.

Saumagen (or Saumawe): stuffed pork stomach.

Schiffala: Shoulder of pork marinated in white wine.

Spätzle: Alsatian noodles.

Stammtisch: table d´hôte. The regulars´ table in a winstub (wine cellar).

Sueri Nierli: Veal or pork kidneys cooked in vinegar.

Wädele: Small pork knuckle.

Wasserstriwala: word for "spätzle" in the "High Rhine" region.

Winstub: wine cellar. Called "wistub" in the "High Rhine" region.

NO COMMENT :boxed::naughty: :naughty:

ah the good old alsacian food :naughty: never tried anything else but flammeküchle even though I live in Alsace for half of the year :roftl:

I have a question: how many songs is he gonna play you think? is it like a real concert?

because I might have to get a day off work anyway because I have to go to strasbourg, so I could take the 14th...