Mika songs connect with your life?

nikoulini

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear in every Mika song something that connects me.

But especialy Over my Shoulder. After I heard him say that it's about that when everything goes well that you have to change things and change yourself, I understood the song. It's something I found out last year. Whole my life changed and I will leave a lot behind in a year...

But like I already said, in every song is something. I especialy recognize things of my childhood in his songs.

YEP sure almost all of them do!!!

Grace kelly:

the fact that all my life everyone has told me what/who i should be, what i should look like and how i should preform! even my own mother is only really now starting to accept me as i am!

Big girl:

Sure feel like that sometimes!!!

Happy ending:

wake up in the morning

stumble on my life

cant get no love

without sacrifice

sort of enplanes my whole highschool life! but we shall not go there!

stuck in the middle

My parents divorce when i was 8! i was exactly that stuck in the middle and confused! there are only a few people you can trust through a time like that and it was really hard to know who!

My interpritation

I have to say this song is usually like a couple song thing but nope to me it means something more deep! it sort of reminds me of my cousen who commited suicide day before fathers day last year!

Any other world

Describes FATE!!! well Maybe even Religion a higher power i don't know strange i know but since i found this song i found a certain....spiritual heights in the most infantile way! world is falling appart and people start to threaten others over there sexuality for example!!!

:biggrin2:

• 2 months later...

I connect with ALL of Mika's songs in one way or another, some more than others..... but, I think that is why we LOVE his work SO much- because we can all connect and relate to it. Not to mention that fact that you can have the WORST DAY E-V-E-R and all you have to do it pop in Life in Cartoon Motion and you CAN NOT help but immediately feel all oooeeeeyyyyy gggoooeeeyyy and warm and fuzzy inside! No matter the situation- WORKS everytime! MIKA makes me happy! :naughty:

Stuck in the Middle.....................

Is there anybody home, who'll beleive me- won't decieve me

won't try to change me? Is there anybody home, who want to

have me, just to love me?????????? :mf_lustslow:

Yes, they do. Mostly I find them uplifting, even though they are not happy (the lyrics), they sound happy which helps me.

Makes sense because Mika said he writes songs as a remedy for himself, and that's what they are to me! (The songs are remedies.) :wub2:

I personally connect most with 'The Only Lonely One', I think. For a loooong time, I was hideously lonely, to the point where it'd cause me to just break down crying sometimes. I can remember being 15 and wishing I had a husband, haha! XD; (Certainly no commitment-phobe, LOL!) I saw so many people pairing off over the years, and sometimes it really did feel like I was the only one who not only was single, but had never been in a relationship.

Then one day, I said to myself, "WTF are you doing believing in fairytales? Wake up, you were meant to be alone!" and I stamped on my lifelong dream of falling in love, and decided to march on alone. :bleh:

I personally connect most with 'The Only Lonely One', I think. For a loooong time, I was hideously lonely, to the point where it'd cause me to just break down crying sometimes. I can remember being 15 and wishing I had a husband, haha!

Trust me honey... sometimes lonely is better. I got married when I was ONLY 16-years-old. And that WASthe biggest mistake of my life. I have been totally alone and single for over 5 years now, and I have come to think that perhaps I am meant to be alone for the rest of my life. And if that is the case than so be it! At least I have Mika to make me happy and get me through! :thumb_yello::wink2:

Trust me honey... sometimes lonely is better. I got married when I was ONLY 16-years-old. And that WASthe biggest mistake of my life. I have been totally alone and single for over 5 years now, and I have come to think that perhaps I am meant to be alone for the rest of my life. And if that is the case than so be it! At least I have Mika to make me happy and get me through! :thumb_yello::wink2:

16?! :shocked: Whoa...

I'm sorry to hear that it went so badly for you, but glad that you seem to be able to continue life with such an upbeat attitude :thumb_yello:

Back when I was 15, I did realise that nobody was gonna want that sort of commitment at that age, and even if they did and pursued it, it was gonna end in tears, but that didn't stop me wanting to be married! *LOL* I just wanted a permanent end to the intense loneliness, in the form of a human being who I could cherish and adore for the rest of my life. Now I'm 19, and have become far more cynical about love, haha! Half the time, I don't even believe in it... (not its romantic form, anyway)

I'm 15 and I can't imagine getting married :shocked: That would really suck.

It does get pretty lonely though, but the way I see it is sometimes it's good to get away from other people and find yourself. And when you do finally get some grip on your life, maybe someone really great'll come along and you'll end up being really good friends. So I ain't sweatin nothing. :wink2: