MIKA Wikipedia protest

mikablog

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a MFC member moderating that page, we can be assured that the Mika info on that page will be up to date and accurate at all times. Unlike the shambles it has become.

There is no other source on the net that knows more about Mika than MFC, so it makes perfect sense to have people who really care about Mika to moderate or help moderate the page.

If you agree with this, then please leave a message on this thread. If we can get enough people to support us, then maybe the mods at Wikipedia will take notice.

i completely agree! the page should be moderated by people who really care about mika, and mikafanclub is definitely the best source of mika info i've found on the net, and it's the only one i check up on religiously :thumb_yello:

I haven't had time to read this thread yet as I am at work, but just in case there is any confusion, the thread I raised last night, was totally ficitonal and only posted on this site.

I have never at any time posted anything on Wikipedia, I am not even registered.

Although I am fond of jokes, I wouldn't have changed Wiki anyway.

Thanks Babs.

The main issue is the fact that they list tons of press articles (all of which can be found on MFC), they list a tiny French forum (there are more French Mika fans on here), but they won't list MFC as a link.

It seems there has been some personal stuff going on behind the scenes, and now they are probably not adding MFC as a protest/sulk.

Guest vuyk@telkomsa.net

Lets face it - this mikasite knows their stuff. So everybody who wants to know anything about Mika should otherwise come here to investigate.

Nel

I agree totally with this suggestion.

The recent rubbish about Mika on Wiki has annoyed me, and it would make sense to have a proper, clued-up fan in charge of overseeing his entry details :thumb_yello:

Thanks Babs.

The main issue is the fact that they list tons of press articles (all of which can be found on MFC), they list a tiny French forum (there are more French Mika fans on here), but they won't list MFC as a link.

It seems there has been some personal stuff going on behind the scenes, and now they are probably not adding MFC as a protest/sulk.

yeah, well they need to grow up and stop being immature babies..protesting mfc? why because we keep chaning his page back to the correct info...or because we know our mika facts?

yeah, well they need to grow up and stop being immature babies..protesting mfc? why because we keep chaning his page back to the correct info...or because we know our mika facts?

You tell 'em girl! I wrote an opposition editorial about internet police for english class. I was against them then... but now I kinda want justice served

Ive never dealt with the situation .... i see it seems to be an online expert at life! ...

yaya yay for op eds..god the wiki people are being such ignorant idiots...if people want real mika facts we have a threa don that here...wiki obviously isnt always right

yaya yay for op eds..god the wiki people are being such ignorant idiots...if people want real mika facts we have a threa don that here...wiki obviously isnt always right

Maybe Mika will write a song about this!

Oh wikipedia.. you are so wrong-ia. I want a url to M.F.C. or I'll kill you all, you see!

Not only is MFC the biggest resource of Mika info on the net, but Mika himself reads it.

To make matters worse, they are linking to a french Mika forum with a handful of members. :shocked:

Recent events have proven that the people who are supposed to be controlling that page are not doing a good job.

So this is a protest to get a member of MFC to run the Mika Wikipedia page instead.

With a MFC member moderating that page, we can be assured that the Mika info on that page will be up to date and accurate at all times. Unlike the shambles it has become.

There is no other source on the net that knows more about Mika than MFC, so it makes perfect sense to have people who really care about Mika to moderate or help moderate the page.

With the power of the real Mika fans behind us, we can ensure that the Mika page improves over the coming months and years.

Thankyou

You are soo right!

And I hope the linked french forum on the wiki page is not the one where private pics of his family members are posted (I really felt uneasy about seeing private pics of Allegra there...) :no:

Maybe Mika will write a song about this!

Oh wikipedia.. you are so wrong-ia. I want a url to M.F.C. or I'll kill you all, you see!

oh def a hit..i think he'll premire it at the ny show...

For some crazy reason the admins in control of the Mika Wikipedia page are no longer including a link to MikaFanClub in the links section.

Not only is MFC the biggest resource of Mika info on the net, but Mika himself reads it.

To make matters worse, they are linking to a french Mika forum with a handful of members. :shocked:

Recent events have proven that the people who are supposed to be controlling that page are not doing a good job.

So this is a protest to get a member of MFC to run the Mika Wikipedia page instead.

If you agree with this, then please leave a message on this thread. If we can get enough people to support us, then maybe the mods at Wikipedia will take notice.

Also, do not bother trying to add MFC to the links section, they seem to have banned the url :thumbdown:

However, you can raise your arguements on this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mika_%28singer%29

Simply explain why you feel MFC is a valuable and unique source of Mika information, but please do not give any insults.

With the power of the real Mika fans behind us, we can ensure that the Mika page improves over the coming months and years.

Thankyou

OMG! - I've just read the objection page link you provided - did someone really call Mika a "Minor Pop star" and us "Teenybopper music fans".

Wikipedia - thickischmidia!. I haven't bothered with Wik for over a year because they were so unreliable. When I wanted Mika info, I Googled "mika" and found this place from the Official Mika.com site, and I am pretty sure that most normal people who wanted serious Mika info would do exactly the same. The people at Wik have got all above themselves and actually think they are now the British Library, do they not realise that most people take their info with a pinch of salt and always double check it elsewhere before believing it?

Cathi

hey guys

admittedly i havent read every page of this thread but i am at college and doing college work at the same time so obviously my main focus is on my work...kinda...

BUT

Bebo site

The following link http://michaelhpenniman.bebo.com/ was recently added to the article. This will have to be removed under WP:EL policy, but I am curious if this link, given its name, would shed some light on the question of Mika's birth name being Michael Holbrook Penniman (see discussion further up this page). Could a bebo member check if this is a legitimate site? --Paul Erik 03:18, 2 May 2007 (UTC)

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mika_%28singer%29"

i cant view it as the college have blocked "bebo" *GRR* so if anyone could check it out...? seems a tad too obvious though

I signed into my bebo account - but could not get to that link - its a private profile - can only be accessed by friends!!! There is another one on bebo MIKA<MIKABEBO> but dont think thats a proper one either.

For some crazy reason the admins in control of the Mika Wikipedia page are no longer including a link to MikaFanClub in the links section.

Also, do not bother trying to add MFC to the links section, they seem to have banned the url :thumbdown:

However, you can raise your arguements on this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mika_%28singer%29

Simply explain why you feel MFC is a valuable and unique source of Mika information, but please do not give any insults.

Thankyou

tHAT IS TRUELY APPALLING:shocked: IM GOING TO...