MIKA Wikipedia protest

mikablog

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried over and over again to add the link, keeps vanishing. I got this message

sunnymonkey-related domains known to have been spammed to Wikipedia

This is your last warning. The next time you insert a spam link, you will be blocked from editing Wikipedia.

Cheek :(

I Did My Part!

--[55] 01:50, 4 May 2007 (UTC) The MIKA Fan Club Is The Greatest And Largest MIKA Website In The World. This Is Why I Would Like To Know Why The Largest Fan Club On The Web Would Not Be Listed On Here. Now I'm Sure There Is A Logical Reason For The Removal Of MIKAfanclub.com But I'd Like To Really Know, Why Has The MIKAfanclub Been Removed?

The MIKA Fan Club Is The Greatest And Largest MIKA Website In The World. This Is Why I Would Like To Know Why The Largest Fan Club On The Web Would Not Be Listed On Here. Now I'm Sure There Is A Logical Reason For The Removal Of MIKAfanclub.com But I'd Like To Really Know, Why Has The MIKAfanclub Been Removed?--[55] 01:50, 4 May 2007 (UTC) -ME!

Well, no, this is nothing against the good people at the MIKA Fan Club, which by all accounts is a popular fan forum. (We will also have to remove the French fan forum, which I know has been a bone of contention.) The problem is nothing with the site or the edits. It is Wikipedia policy, which says that any fan forums or other discussion forums are not to be added to articles here. You can see the complete set of guidelines on external links at WP:EL#Links_normally_to_be_avoided. The idea basically is that Wikipedia is an encyclopædia, not a directory of links. The official record company link is allowed to remain under WP policy, so anyone coming here and following that link (mikasounds.com) will be able to find fan forums from that website. --Paul Erik 02:45, 4 May 2007 (UTC)

Oh, Well Then Okay. I Was Speaking On Behalf Of The MIKA Fan Club, They Thought It Was Unfair About The French Fan Club Being There, But Ours Wasn't. Thank You, And I'll Relay The Message To Them. Thanks Again For Treating Us Equally.[55] 03:25, 4 May 2007 (UTC) -ME!Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Mika_%28singer%29"

Thanks for pointing this out!

I read the Wikipedia entry of Mika few days ago and I wondered why there was said "Editing of this article by unregistered or newly registered users is currently disabled to deal with vandalism." Maybe this link thing has something to do with it? :original:

I can understand that Wikipedia is such a huge system that it needs strict guidelines how to work. But MFC really is important source of information! There were some gossip magazine articles in the links section, they seem to be reliable for Wikipedia? :sneaky2:

This site is by far the most resourceful and frequented site with regards to Mika.

the amount of information on here is unparralled to any other site I have visited and in no way should be banned? form the wikipedia Mika page.

• 3 weeks later...