Hello from Oz

ozcyclops

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Shane and I live in Perth, Western Australia. I am probably going to be one of the oldest members here, I'm 51, but I have always been interested in new and different music coming our way. I am probably one of the few people who can honestly compare Mika with a young Freddie Mercury. I saw him live at the Sunbury Music Festival in Melbourne in 1974. While there are certain similarities, I hope Mika remains Mika, and doesnt let all the hype get to him. His music is original and different, and thats great, its individual. I heard on his BBC interview that he would like people to get to know him and stick by him. Well, I can say that if he keeps on making music like Grace Kelly, Billy Brown, Big Girl and Love Me, I'm hooked. Wonder if he'll ever come to Perth to perform. I would love to see him live, and maybe even meet him.

Shane

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to MFC Shane !!! I think you're right for saying that there is similarities with Freddie Mercury but Mika has his own style and i'm sure he won't change...anyway...:welcomeani: Your age doesn't matter...this site is for all Mika fans....See the oldling's thread

Yehhh welcome!!!! , another aussie! , joins us for a glass of scorpion juice:biggrin2:

hahaha... I can just imagine shane's face right about now... :shocked: .... :roftl:

A big welcome Shane!! Hope you have lots of fun here! :punk:

:punk: HIYA SHANE & WELCOME TO MFC !! WE'RE ALL A BIT MAD HERE !!!:roftl:

Yep ... check out the oldlings thread & the Australian thread & Freddie's Butterfly Bar is always a hoot !!! I remember being a kid in Melb. when Sunbury was on & I REALLY wanted to goooooo ... but I was too young & my parents wouldn't let me ... !!! HAVE FUN IN HERE !!! There is another member from Perth too.:biggrin2:

hello and have fun here. you're with yours friends on MFC.

please, share with queeniacs your memories about queen concert you saw in 1974. anything you can remember. we all are waiting for you on threads like QUEENIACS OR THE REMEMBERANCE OF FREDDIE MERCURY. thank you !

A male aussie , you in demand mate!

Do you have a bear jumping out of trees where you live? :biggrin2:

sssssssssshhhhhh ..... Shane ... tell him NOTHING about those 'so called' drop bears .... NOTHING !!!!!! sssshhhhhhh ...!!!:wink2:

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes, in 1974 I was just 18 and visiting rellies in Melbourne. We were really iinto aussie pub rock bands like the Aztecs and Madder Lake, so off we trotted to Sunbury to see our heros....and get not just a little drunk. Anyway there was this pommy band, singing what we called cathedral rock...sorta over the top stuff with really strange lyrics, didnt go down at all well with the crowd, and were soon forgotton. That was Queen! A year or so later, I was a hard core fan, how about that!

And yeah, I have barbed wire around my roof, just in case those mad drop bears come calling.....

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes, in 1974 I was just 18 and visiting rellies in Melbourne. We were really iinto aussie pub rock bands like the Aztecs and Madder Lake, so off we trotted to Sunbury to see our heros....and get not just a little drunk. Anyway there was this pommy band, singing what we called cathedral rock...sorta over the top stuff with really strange lyrics, didnt go down at all well with the crowd, and were soon forgotton. That was Queen! A year or so later, I was a hard core fan, how about that!

And yeah, I have barbed wire around my roof, just in case those mad drop bears come calling.....

yeh top man!!! , I would of died to of seen queen then!

Hey jump into the aussie thread and speak!.. people are waiting :biggrin2:

Welcome Shane! Hope you have a good time along with all of us Mika mad people:roftl: So you saw Queen in 1974!!! Wow, what an experience... I've been a Queen fanatic since I was a child, and I still remember how upset I was when my parents didn't let me go to their last ever show in Madrid back in 86, imagine in their best years, uff, it gives me shivers:woot_jump: One of my dreams, lucky you!

Take care and see ya around!

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. My name is Shane and I live in Perth, Western Australia. I am probably going to be one of the oldest members here, I'm 51, but I have always been interested in new and different music coming our way. I am probably one of the few people who can honestly compare Mika with a young Freddie Mercury. I saw him live at the Sunbury Music Festival in Melbourne in 1974. While there are certain similarities, I hope Mika remains Mika, and doesnt let all the hype get to him. His music is original and different, and thats great, its individual. I heard on his BBC interview that he would like people to get to know him and stick by him. Well, I can say that if he keeps on making music like Grace Kelly, Billy Brown, Big Girl and Love Me, I'm hooked. Wonder if he'll ever come to Perth to perform. I would love to see him live, and maybe even meet him.

Shane

hey.,

Welcome to our mika world here...

You are in top company here, some great aussies have already landed, seek them out in the aussie thread....and ftreddiew will be so happy, another male for moral support ....