InStyle PartyHopper: Mika & Me

dcdeb

For those who were wondering who Kristin Kavanaugh was -- with Mika in the Coachella photos -- she's mentioned in the item below:

img_3845_2.jpg

May 02, 2007

Mika & Me

by James Patrick Herman

After seeing the massively hyped Mika live on the main stage at Coachella (yes, he lives up to it), I had a chance to congratulate the British singer-songwriter on his set a few hours later at the DKNY Jeans House. The crowd--myself included--went crazy when Mika performed his MTV hit "Grace Kelly," an ode to the style icon; maybe his next song will be titled "Donna Karan."

"I felt like a Care Bear without any fur," Mika said of kicking off the final day of Coachella at one in the afternoon. I don't know what that means exactly, but it's a great quote. I told Mika that men's fashion designers would love him as much as fans of his music do because at 6'3" he'd tower over all those male models in Milan and he's just as thin, the lucky boy. "In Style U.K. has been very good to me," he added.

And he was especially lucky on this day because Kristin Kavanagh from DKNY was outfitting him with hot threads to rock at Coachella that night (Mika planned to return to the polo field to see the Brazilian band Cansei de Ser Sexy, which is Portuguese for "tired of being sexy"). I also have to give a shout-out to my old friend Ashlee Margolis, whose company is appropriately called the A-list. Her events always draw L.A.'S most stylish stars--yesterday, for example, she entertained the likes of Jessica Alba and Mischa Barton, among many others. Ash looks like she's tired of being sexy in our photo, but the girl just can't help it. I can tease her because she has a great sense of humor. After her photo-op, she decided to punk the photographer from Wireimage: "You just missed L.C. from The Hills! Where were you--charging your phone in the hot tub?" Ash mock-chided him but then cracked up, and the rest of us followed suit. Good times!

http://partyhopper.instyle.com/2007/05/mika_me.html

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..when we had the Care bears, The Smurfs, Dungeon and Dragons....sighs...

BTW doesn't Mika look tired? I really do hope he (his management) doesn't run him into the ground...

awwww.. used to love care bears! LOL

yes, I agree mika'd make a great model, with that body of his: right size, right height, right style.

in a word, mr. right. :mf_rosetinted:

..when we had the Care bears, The Smurfs, Dungeon and Dragons....sighs...

BTW doesn't Mika look tired? I really do hope he (his management) doesn't run him into the ground...

I love thats 80s stuff!! yeh! , dungeon and dragons! , skeletor!

Yeh he does look a tad tired , its been some year for him! :biggrin2: