Does Mika speak Spanish?

harabel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha good..we just learned subjunctive tense and imm so lost with it

haha!! :naughty: it's exactly what i meant!! there're very few persons that knows how to use subjuncitve and when to use it!!! even people on tv make mistakes with subjuncitve... :naughty: lol

haha!! :naughty: it's exactly what i meant!! there're very few persons that knows how to use subjuncitve and when to use it!!! even people on tv make mistakes with subjuncitve... :naughty: lol

that makes me feel alot better.. i kinda wish i was learning italian form like someone in italy, because its all like proper grammer and stuff but no slang or anything that would be helpful if i actually went to italy

that makes me feel alot better.. i kinda wish i was learning italian form like someone in italy, because its all like proper grammer and stuff but no slang or anything that would be helpful if i actually went to italy

same with english for me...i've been taught just grammar and because of the school i did also touristic words,economic words and literature but no slang or stuff like that...you learn it by yourself

yeah..my teacher did study aborad and stuff so she does teach us some like slang and i forgot what the term is kinda like like...she told us imbocca lupo mean slike good luck and we hsould say crepi back..now i have no clue what it means, but she tries to trhow some slang in there

You're welcome :biggrin2: The link is from Wikipedia (haha), 'external links'.

If that 6 degress of Mika thread were still around I think you'd be a front runner Christine, as far as degrees go :bleh:

WOOT! :punk:

Of course some of the fans here have spent as much time with Mika as Steve Anthony did so I guess it's kind of stretching it :wink2:

I just listened to that whole interview and it makes me want to cry hearing him talk about his upcoming show in Toronto. I hope he meant what he said about coming back.

I also hope he was happy with the audience that night. It was probably a little more subdued than Montréal but he was able to rouse the audience quite a bit with his antics and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. It was a stark contrast with Paolo Nutini, who played the same club 2 weeks prior. Paolo just closes his eyes and goes off into his own little world when he's singing so the crowd wasn't very rowdy.

Come back Mika!!!

yeah..my teacher did study aborad and stuff so she does teach us some like slang and i forgot what the term is kinda like like...she told us imbocca lupo mean slike good luck and we hsould say crepi back..now i have no clue what it means, but she tries to trhow some slang in there

it's in bocca al lupo..and really it's a bit hard to tell you what it means cause it's all bound to the literal words... crepi it's as die...because with in bocca al lupo you refer to the wolf... kinda of "that the wolf eat you"...don't think it makes sense... :blink:

WOOT! :punk:

Of course some of the fans here have spent as much time with Mika as Steve Anthony did so I guess it's kind of stretching it :wink2:

I just listened to that whole interview and it makes me want to cry hearing him talk about his upcoming show in Toronto. I hope he meant what he said about coming back.

I also hope he was happy with the audience that night. It was probably a little more subdued than Montréal but he was able to rouse the audience quite a bit with his antics and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. It was a stark contrast with Paolo Nutini, who played the same club 2 weeks prior. Paolo just closes his eyes and goes off into his own little world when he's singing so the crowd wasn't very rowdy.

Come back Mika!!!

Why shouldn't he come back eventually ? :biggrin2: ... After this tour finishes and hopefully he has a much deserved break... :surfing::rasta:(so to speak of course...)

From all I've heard about the Toronto gig, it sounded pretty amazing to me... audience' reception and all.

A lot of people here have written in the past explaining the differences between the audiences in Montreal and Toronto... so interesting ...

Why shouldn't he come back eventually ? :biggrin2: ... After this tour finishes and hopefully he has a much deserved break... :surfing::rasta:(so to speak of course...)

From all I've heard about the Toronto gig, it sounded pretty amazing to me... audience' reception and all.

A lot of people here have written in the past explaining the differences between the audiences in Montreal and Toronto... so interesting ...

what is the difference?

what is the difference?

I don't really understand to be honest but I just remember that after the Montreal and Toronto concerts people kept talking about the differences between the scene in each city... some saying Montreal really partied or something. And about a long-standing 'competiton' between the cities... maybe someone will explain to an outsider? :blush-anim-cl:

what is the difference?

I think a lot of people in Montréal had warned him that Toronto was going to be a drag by comparison so he seemed to be pleasantly surprised that he received such a great reception in Toronto. He said something to the Toronto audience to the effect that the people who dissed Toronto could go f*ck themselves (presumably because what they said was wrong).

The video was posted on YouTube and unfortunately some Montréalers mistook his comment to mean that Montréalers could go f*ck themselves and that he didn't have a good time in Montréal.

He just said it to pump up the audience because he realized that there was obviously some sort of rivalry going on between the cities because of what people had been saying to him about Toronto. I do hope there was some truth to it though and that he thought the Toronto show was a success.

The thing about his Canadian shows was that the clubs only held about 500 people so everyone was there because there were fans, not just because there was a lot of hype surrounding his arrival on the music scene. His album was #2 in Canada that week, but the shows were sold out long before that.

Oh thanks Christine. I remember what you described... for some reason I thought you meant there was a friendly competition between the cities from before or something... and this played into the concerts:blush-anim-cl:

OMG! SO.... he speaks spanish!!! I dunno know why, but it makes me happy! :blush-anim-cl: I am spanish and like the other girl...my english is so bad that I could't understand him if I ever met him... The problem is if someday I could see him face to face :blush-anim-cl: i would forgot even my own language ahahahaaaaaaª!

OMG! SO.... he speaks spanish!!! I dunno know why, but it makes me happy! :blush-anim-cl: I am spanish and like the other girl...my english is so bad that I could't understand him if I ever met him... The problem is if someday I could see him face to face :blush-anim-cl: i would forgot even my own language ahahahaaaaaaª!

Of course it makes you feel happy!!! It would make me happy if he could speak my language....

I know he knows at least one word in Russian, even that makes me glad, although I'm not even Russian, I can just speak it. .....

Oh God, how sad is that? ...:roftl:

Thanks for the interview on page 3! Never heard that before. It's really cute, especially the sighing sounds he's making in the beginning, haha.

Yeah, thank you for that, I loved it. He seems so relaxed there, just like talking to somebody on the street....

Oh thanks Christine. I remember what you described... for some reason I thought you meant there was a friendly competition between the cities from before or something... and this played into the concerts:blush-anim-cl:

Well the rest of Canada kind of hates Toronto so people are always going to be dissing us :wink2:

I guess historically there was a rivalry because Montréal and Toronto were competitive in terms of being the largest city in the country and the sort of prestige and perks that go along with that - being the financial centre, cultural centre, best universities and hospitals, etc.

Things have changed a lot in the past couple of decades though with Québec closing ranks to uphold the French language and culture. A lot of English speaking Montréalers moved to other parts of the country. Toronto has had a huge influx of immigrants so it's almost twice the size of Montréal now.

Montréal is very European for a North American city and Toronto can be this kind of this awful combination of uptight old-school English and obnoxious American so there's a real argument to be made for Montréal being a better city even though Toronto is dominant in a lot of respects. I would imagine for a French speaking visitor who's there to have fun (like Mika) Montréal would be a great time.

Oh I see. thank you for explaining, that really is interesting. I had no idea about any of this. To hear it firsthand isn't the same as reading about it from a book.

When I travel to Canada, it will be to all the cities I can ( and not just a day in each)!

Oh I see. thank you for explaining, that really is interesting. I had no idea about any of this. To hear it firsthand isn't the same as reading about it from a book.

When I travel to Canada, it will be to all the cities I can ( and not just a day in each)!

Do you live in the UK? Hopefully you can see some Mika shows while you're here :)