My grannie likes Mika!

Agnese

ok...But my grannie doesn't know pop stars or contemporary actors...

One day I show her a picture of Mika and she said that he is handsome;then listening his music she liked his voice very much.That's all!

Mika darling, my grannie has :thumb_yello: good taste!!

Love

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mother likes Mika, but she just does not want to say it!! She always says "aaah you and your Mika!" with a big smile on her face!! And the other day I was listening to his music and she asked me "Are you listening to your Mickey Mouse?" and I was like "eeeeeh mickey mouse??" "yeah you know YOUR mickey mouse" AHAH SHE CALLED MIKA MICKEY MOUSE. Just because the names are similar she called it mickey mouse SHE THINKS SHE'S FUNNY. ahah Ok i must admit it was.

My mother likes Mika, but she just does not want to say it!! She always says "aaah you and your Mika!" with a big smile on her face!! And the other day I was listening to his music and she asked me "Are you listening to your Mickey Mouse?" and I was like "eeeeeh mickey mouse??" "yeah you know YOUR mickey mouse" AHAH SHE CALLED MIKA MICKEY MOUSE. Just because the names are similar she called it mickey mouse SHE THINKS SHE'S FUNNY. ahah Ok i must admit it was.

haha thats kinda cute in a grandma way

• 5 months later...

I think my grandpa doesn't actually mind him either..It was funny the first time he saw him he's like: Mika? I thought he was a girl" aI'm like "Oh, I'm not surprised" and he was like "What?? I was kidding I never seen or heard him before in my life"

Haha it was hilarious. Then I put on a song, he seemed amazed by Mika's vocal range :naughty::thumb_yello::bleh:

my Dad loves MIKA too! his fave song is the Only Lonely One!!!!!

he is 64!!! yay! its soooooo awesome! actually my Step Father who is 84 cried during Any other World and Over My Shoulder

Ritchie, my boyfriend says this hasn't happened since the Beatles in the 60's.

everyone ! ask your older relatives if this is reminiscent of the Beatles Craze???

WOO!! my grandmother is turning 80 and she loved singing along to mika. and almost fell asleep to relax take it easy (whats that about?!?!?) lol

I played the whole of LICM to her, and she said she wanted her own copy, dispite the fact im not sure she even knows how to use a CD player lol

I love my grandma! forget say hi to ya mum for me, say hi to ya granny for me!!

I think my father likes Mika, although he'll never admit it :biggrin2: But each time I play Mika in the car it's ok, unlike almost any other music I try to have him listen to... My father is 63 and swears only by classical music... So I guess it really means something :punk:

And if my grandmother was still there, she'd sure love Mika !! She was a great piano player and the most anticonformist and free person I ever knew.. In fact, I guess she would recognise a lot of herself in him.. I do :wub2:

My old grannie says that Mika has a beautiful voice and that he is

an handsome boy!! She likes his eyes..

Mika's people, my grannie is 93!!

Kiss:roftl:

Ninety three. And likes Mika that is so lovely.

Awww well give her my love.

My whole family love Mika. And we're all young since both my mum and nan had kids in their teens. I am 14 (going on 30, most people say!), my mum Sarah (who is 30 and behaves like a small child) loves Mika, has tickets for his concert in Brighton and sings Happy Ending, Relax or SITM loudly at every oppertunity! This is definately not a good thing! My grandparents are both 50 and, like Sar, have their own CDs! My nan calls Mika a 'nice boy' and says she likes his individuality, she also goes around humming Lollipop all the time. Both my young half-sisters claim to be Mika's No.1 fan and refuse to listen to anything else (they are 2 and 5!) My aunt in London, Rachel, loved his at the V Festival and my African aunt took his CD back with her to Tanzania! My great-gran, who is 73, says that The Only Lonely One is 'wonderful' and Love Today and Grace Kelly are 'catchy'! My mum's current boyfriend however (who I hate for other reasons) says Mika is a 'gay twat' (despite me being bisexual and Sar a gay rights activist - how does that work?!) and thinks Happy Ending is 'a rip-off of all decent power ballads' - a statement which caused me to blank him for two days! Not that I care what he thinks! My lizard, Zizzi, does not object to Mika's songs either!

We are a dominantly female family, yes.

My mother is also a Mikafan! She's even a member of the MFC!:biggrin2: (she have never written something on the forum)and my father likes him too! (he has never admit it but i hear him often singing Love Today) My grandma likes him too(she's 78 years old). When the top 40 was on the tv Relax came on and my granny was like: What's this? I was like: It's Mika:mf_lustslow: My granny: Relax, take it eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasey! Me: Go granny!:thumb_yello:

And a few days ago i let her listen to How Much Do You Love Me and she danced on it.:naughty:

I'm 53 and I love Mika to pieces. He's actually two months younger than my son Steve.

woooah! I'm 47 I like Mika, my daughter likes Mika my husband only likes Grace Kelly so far by him (but I'm not done working on him yet hahah) and Mika is about 1 year younger than MY son Steven (lol coincidence eh).

I had my niece (8) and my nephew (12) in the car this weekend.

I put in John Mayer's Continuum (shame on me!--but hey, he has great hair too! .

My nephew says, "Aren't you going to play Mika?" I said, "You want me to".

The little one says, "Yeah, I want to hear that 'It's as if I'm scared' song. ha ha.