Mika at Walmart

cloud

As I was waiting and waiting at the Deli counter i thought to myself.. "Gosh I must be going crazy :insane:I keep hearing Mika in my head.. I could be brown, i could be blue I could be... " and then I realized that it wasn't me but a video screen at the produce section that advertises new music on sale at the electronics dept.. :biggrin2: i just thought i would share my funny story.. I swear i wanted to run overthere and start :woot_jump:singing and telling everyone.. "Hey look it's Mika, He is awesome, go buy his cd you'll love it !" Has anyone gone through something similar...?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I was waiting and waiting at the Deli counter i thought to myself.. "Gosh I must be going crazy :insane:I keep hearing Mika in my head.. I could be brown, i could be blue I could be... " and then I realized that it wasn't me but a video screen at the produce section that advertises new music on sale at the electronics dept.. :biggrin2: i just thought i would share my funny story.. I swear i wanted to run overthere and start :woot_jump:singing and telling everyone.. "Hey look it's Mika, He is awesome, go buy his cd you'll love it !" Has anyone gone through something similar...?

yeah...i always wanna start a conversation of Mika..and if they dont know him and i tell them off then tell them EVERYTHING about him LOL and then they look scared O.o hahaha!

I always try not to sing along :blush-anim-cl: My daughter doesn't really hold back there though, everytime she hears Grace Kelly on the radio she starts screaming along, I sometimes have to stop her if she does it on the bus :doh: She found some new friends yesterday :roftl: Two teenage girls were listening to LiCM in the park, it wasn't very loud or anything, but my daughter heard it and went over and started to talk to them :roftl: When I came over to get her to go home with me, they asked me if I had really met Mika...I was like euhm yeah and then I dragged my daughter out of there as fast as possible :doh:

i went on hols with some friends and lots of kids. nobody knew Mika and i tried to make them listen to his music (i had my cd with me and all his songs on my mp3 player...of course!). a young 24 just said it was rubbish (oh, god, i can't even spell this in my mind!:blink: ), adults just did not mind it, some of kids were caught by love today rythm... but that's all. i wanted to scream out!

a dear friend of mine who was curious to listen to my Mika madness and i told her most of what i'm passing through. she has known me for ages and she loves me, so she did'nt tell me off, but..a compassionate look was in her eyes...

what can i say? i feel like E.T. coming far from space, but i have this place, and i can survive to anything!

no one seems to understand the mika love we hold for him lol, does anyone actually have a good friend (not met over MFC) who loves mika as much as them and could talk to them for hourrsss about it?

no one seems to understand the mika love we hold for him lol, does anyone actually have a good friend (not met over MFC) who loves mika as much as them and could talk to them for hourrsss about it?

unfortunately not :boxed:

...always been quite "insistive", saying it mildely, on making people listen to/read/watch the stuff I was "on" at the moment:naughty:

been mailing, playing etc...Mika to ppl since Jan, I guess...

Results:

Flatmate-hooked, :biggrin2:

Young secretary at work-hooked:biggrin2:

Ppl in the uni-quite indifferent

My ex (quote): "...well, at least now I know who Mika is":bleh:

oh, and I just overheard my female boss mumbling "love today" the other day:wink2: though she always complains about annoying sounds even thru my headphones

Well, I guess I can be happy then to have a flatmate who's also crazy about Mika!!! :roftl:

Talk about nothing else......well, at least almost!!! :wub2:

Haha, funny story :P I heard Mika A LOT today, on the radio (on my cd, off course :P), on tv... everywhere!! And always when I hear Mika on the radio in the car, I put the volume really high and I always hope other people whould here it and come to me and say: "Hey, that's great music! Who is it?" or: "Hey, that's Mika! I love him too!". I know it sounds stupid and it never happened, but I hope it will happen one time! :D

i was at the mall with a friend and i was in forever 21 and i was listening to mika on my ipod. then my friends like "Vanessa!!!!" and im like "What!!??" and she just stared at me and i took the headphones off and ............GRACE KELLY WAS ON!! i got SO excited and i screamed O my gosh!!!!!! AAHHH!!! its MIKA!!!! and i started dancing and singing along and everyone was staring at me!!!i was so surprised that they played it!!!! It was pretty fun!!!:punk:

I´m alone with my obsession here. OK, so my mother and my sibling like him a bit to, but not in the way I do. I think they are starting to get tired of him because I listen to the LiCM 4 times a day and I can´t be in the car, not even 5 minutes without my Mika CD on. They are also getting annoyed with me becaus I constantly go on about him and nag about how I want to see him live and meet him... I´m such a horrible daughter:roftl: :roftl:

haha cool! reminds me of when i was at the mall and grace kelly came on and i thought i was hearing things and then i like stopped and froze in my tracks then started screaming and jumping around OMG IT"S MIKA EVERYONE LISTEN IT"S MIKA OMGOMGOMG lol

i was at the mall with a friend and i was in forever 21 and i was listening to mika on my ipod. then my friends like "Vanessa!!!!" and im like "What!!??" and she just stared at me and i took the headphones off and ............GRACE KELLY WAS ON!! i got SO excited and i screamed O my gosh!!!!!! AAHHH!!! its MIKA!!!! and i started dancing and singing along and everyone was staring at me!!!i was so surprised that they played it!!!! It was pretty fun!!!:punk:

lol ya i was at forever 21 too!!! they must have the same music for all the stores or something!

hahaha lmao!!

IT WAS THE SAME TODAY! LOL

I WAS IN TESCOS AND MIKA CAME ON

AND I WAS LIKE OKAYY THATS STRANGE!! I THINK IM GOGING CRAZY LOL

AND THEN I REALISED SOMEBODY HAD SCANNED HIS CD SO THE SONGS CAME ON I WAS LIKE!! WOW A MIKA FAN! WHERE IS THE PERSON LMAO!

Aha.

Same with me....except....

I was looking for Mika's CD at Wal-Mart (Because how can a store not have Mika's wonderful CD) and I finally found it. So I scanned it and BAM! The music video for Grace Kelly came on and I totally turned the volume up as loud as it would go so I can jam out and so the people from across the store could have a listen. :biggrin2:

It was such a magical moment.

.....of course my friend was there....just staring at me thinking I'm werid. lol.

Yeah everytime I'm out and hear Mika somewhere I make a total fool of myself. I kind of make weird faces and sing out loud so my friends just have to look at me and laugh :naughty: But I don't care I love Mika's music so much I would embaress myself for him anytime :mf_lustslow:

YEAH!!! I SURE DO HAVE A STORY!

I had met Mika on a Fri in New York, the next day I left for Tennesse (OH GOD...the City for freakin Cows...visting my crazy Aunt)...That Sunday we went to a Walmart to buy groceries, I went straight to the music section...on my way there i picked up a Rollingstone mag (MIKA WAS IN THAT...it was the one with Pink Floyd on the cover!!!)

I was looking at albums...then i saw MIKA's and I mummbled to myself "Oh The Memories!"...this girl behind me said "..What.." (she must have thought i had been speaking to her)...somehow i started explaining to her that i met this guy, and how much i loved his music and how GREAT HE WAS!!

SHE BOUGHT HIS C.D!!!

(I HELPED SPREAD THE MIKA-LOVE TO SOME RANDOM GIRL IN TENNESSE!!!)

I'VE HEARD HIM QUITE ALOT IN STORES, SUCH AS FOREVER 21...and at the end of an Adam Sandler movie trailer!

TRAILER:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762107/...ay-E32153-10-2...Grace Kelly is at the end

When I got my copy of ' love today' i played it in the car at full volume with the windows down and that felt great, when i got to the shopping centre i somehow was lost in thougfhts (which is something I am quite often..)and upsendmindedly walked into currys with the cd in my hand and as it was packed i suddenly thought hey...i want to hear it again and so i worked my way through the section where the latest cd player was on display, all plugged in , playing soft music(didn't look what it was and didn't recognise the tune)so i (like a person in trance) opened the case and slipped it 'love today' and pushed the volume up....a million heads turned and stared at the machine...within 30 seconds I had th store manager at my heals...ehm, i was just testing the sound quality and it's not bad...' I stuttered and quickly retreaved my cd..lokking a t some amused faces...

that was my blast with Mika...now which shop next...

Well what I've had was : I walked into a room and I heared "Love Today" on the radio and everyone was :"What the **** is this..is that the same gay dude who sings that he wants to be like Grace Kelly" - and I was seriously the only one in the room who knew this "dudes" name and everybody was just staring me with their "Are you a fan of THIS?????"-look...people are so stupid that they are not fan of Mikas :naughty:

Well what I've had was : I walked into a room and I heared "Love Today" on the radio and everyone was :"What the **** is this..is that the same gay dude who sings that he wants to be like Grace Kelly" - and I was seriously the only one in the room who knew this "dudes" name and everybody was just staring me with their "Are you a fan of THIS?????"-look...people are so stupid that they are not fan of Mikas :naughty:

:doh: :doh: :doh:

HAHAHA OMG I KNOW EVERYONE SAYS THAT..

but in the end, they all get hooked.

examples-

a) my brother. he was like "mika sings like a nine year old" blahblah insults then i made him listen to mika for the second time and he now wants me to burn the cd.

b) my friend at school who says she hates mika. then she proceeded to tell me how she listens to grace kelly every night.

LOL.

i've never heard mika on the radio though.

=(

if i do, i swear i will SCREAMMM.

and the people next to me WILL be embarrassed out of their socks.