• left handed
    • right handed
    • Ambidextrous person

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right-handed, but with sports (soccer/football) I prefer my left foot. LOL.

Strangely, that's supposed to be a symptom of dyslexia, but if I do have it, it must be very mild. Plus, I love to read. Anyway, a bit off-topic.

yeah, but wow, 12 ambidextrous ones!!

That's probably because many lefties are capable to write with their right hand...supposetly it's easier for lefties to learn to write with other hand then it is for right-handed people.

hiya i was born left handed, but i went to a catholic school in kent. i was told i was using the devils hand so i must stop using my left hand and start using my right, so this is why i can use both, hence the confusion i now have pointing out left from right lol, terrible for driving and giving directions lol. mind you i am going back to the 70s, now its ok and no probs are found except in some circumstances.

hiya i was born left handed, but i went to a catholic school in kent. i was told i was using the devils hand so i must stop using my left hand and start using my right, so this is why i can use both, hence the confusion i now have pointing out left from right lol, terrible for driving and giving directions lol. mind you i am going back to the 70s, now its ok and no probs are found except in some circumstances.

:blink: :blink:

School in the 70s was Victorian wasn't it (I remember..).

Me I'm a total right hander and footer. You should see my comedy attempts to kick a football with my left foot. Nearly as good as some England players!

Am ambidextrous!

The teacher at primary school thought I was a lefty so taught me to write left handed then when moved up a class was told I was right handed and had to learn all over again!-Evil Teachers!!

I am more dominant on the right side altho when I get tired I use the left and can only iron lefthanded (I can not iron with either hand so doesn't make that much difference!) I like to watch men iron! Wonder if MIKA does his own ironing? Hmmmm...

xx

• 6 years later...

Dominantly right but ambi when needed.

Also the freak who used to write in cursive backwards when I was much younger...

Being able to use both hands is so good when making jewelry - sometimes the left can do something the right can't!

Proud lefty. But I can do a lot with my right-cutting, batting, can openers.

I think you need to be adaptable as a lefty. I think I'm right footed, though. I always notice left handers, and usually say something to them about it. I was thrilled when my daughter turned out to be lefthanded too. My son was so sad when he wasn't. He used to pretend that he was.

I'm a lefty but I bat right handed. I also use right handed scissors better in the left hand than left handed scissors.

My sister and mother are both lefties as well, and so was my grandfather (on Dad's side) and Dad's younger brother. I don't know of any lefties on Mum's side.