Article on Le Matin Online

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe in this NY thing either, didn't he say in a recent radio interview (I don't remember which one there were too many) that he still lives with his family in London in spite of all the money he's made? because he's always travelling anyway

Doesn't MIKA have relations in New York? he was maybey just staying there that long it felt as though he had moved there LOL!

STAY IN BLIGHTY MIKA!! yeah the weather is awful but you can brighten it up by staying over here!!

I think he knew what he was getting into long before now with the press and photographers. He could hide away and go somewhere miles away from anywhere but if he goes out especially on the water (Hmmmm..one cured phobia!!) he is gonna get noticed. He is a grown up who is very worldly wise!!

On the good side it just said he was with friends not partner !!

Can't believe I will see him in 3 days time!! Wonder if he will have his legs out??!!LOL!!

xx

...It's sad he has chosen a holiday in Portofino...an italian vip's old-fashioned location...anyway, a vip location, full of rich yachtes and villas :boxed: I prefered a place of relax and wellness for him...or a place of fun...

Well... I guess nobody forced him into going there !! :mf_rosetinted:

I said this in another thread but..doesn't the girl he's with kinda look like Lollipop Girl??? Like, features-wise? Maybe I'm just imagining things :bleh:

:biggrin2: hehe, probably, yes.....everything is possible...

Sooooooooooooooo here's the translation :D

MIKA - PORTOFINO

On top of the wave

sur_la_crete_de_la_vague.jpg

DR

Mika, all smile, on the Mediterranean with a friend. On his European Tour since April 4th, he takes a break in Portofino, Italy before his friday gig in Brighton, England.

While his first album is prancing on top of the sales in Europe, the singer has a blast with his friends in Italy

Ludovic Jaccard - 09/05/2007

Le Matin

Continuing his european tout, Mika (23 years old), the new musical revelation of the year, has offered himself a few days off with his close friends. It's under the Portofino sun, in Italy, that the young man with the rebel locks was spotted recently. On the program: walks in the streets of the village and Jet-Ski rides.

Welcomed relaxing

Alone or accompanied, Mika seems delighted to ride his scooter of the sea. The young lebanese-american singer must have certainly enjoyed these relaxing moments, far from the stress of New York, where he just recently moved.

Musical Phenomenon

Often compared to the late Queen leader Freddie Mercury because of the tone of his voice, he's having tremendous succes with his first disco-pop sounding album, "Life In Cartoon Motion".

Released on February 5th, it has already sold more than 155 000 copies in France alone. And the critics are dithyrambic: "Mika is going to conquer the dancefloors with his always elegant and colorful pop", says the Times journal.

Well put ! The tickets for his concert are sought after and his fan base won't stop growing. We can bet this short sunny trip has allowed the young prodigy to reload his batteries before going back on stage.

Mika

Born on August 18th, 1983 in Beirut, Lebanon to a lebanese mother and an american father, Mika, Mica Penniman is his real name, was noticed in spetember 2006, while he was on a british radio station. His single "Relax (Take It Easy)" has reached the number one spot on the british charts on dowloads alone.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

awww yay!!! im so happy hes relaxing and haviing time off!!!! shes super lucky to be in that position...

its sad that they still follow him around tho, but hey, hes mika, who cant help taking a pic of him.

i thought he was scared of the ocean and didnt like the water........hmmm

...It's sad he has chosen a holiday in Portofino...an italian vip's old-fashioned location...anyway, a vip location, full of rich yachtes and villas :boxed: I prefered a place of relax and wellness for him...or a place of fun...

like Naples?:roftl:

well, if he needs some relax there's a beautiful town here in Brianza, i could even host him! LOL:roftl: :roftl:

• 3 weeks later...
I said this in another thread but..doesn't the girl he's with kinda look like Lollipop Girl??? Like, features-wise? Maybe I'm just imagining things :bleh:

I think she is lollipop girl too!! The face is similar!