Composer:Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr

paula.pop

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah...Madonna clearly has Italian origins but I guess she's not proud of them!:naughty: who knows why...

Well, she doesn't look Italian to me! But maybe that's because she colored her hair a loooong time ago.

She should be proud of her origins! Nothing to hide!

well...I don't look italian either (I'm blonde with a pale skin...) but if you look at Madonna in her early videos such as ''Like a virgin'' and ''like a prayer'' maybe you can notice more a mediterranean origin...:naughty:

I will check it!

So well...about it all...

Let me tell you how I think...

Mika's dad is: Michael Holbrook Penniman(maybe)

Mika's real name is: Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr. (maybe)

Mika was always called: Mica

He changed it, cuz people kept calling him Meesha, and he didn't want to explain the right pronounciation to each person, so when he became famous he changed his name to Mika.

And that composer must be our Mika.In my opinion.But well....it's all how I THINK. I can be wrong. I just thought I would share it....for me this is the most obvious answer.

xx,Zsina

I think Mika might actually have been Christened Michael Holbrook Penniman. I have read that this is his original name, but that he was always called Mica. I think Michael is his dad's name and he would have been given the name to honour his dad, but there couldn't be two Michaels in the family, so he was always called Mica. I could be wrong. But it's what I've gathered. But Relax is our Mika's song. No doubt about it.

Love today, from Marilyn

I agree with your theory:thumb_yello: , but I don't think that the christening would have much to do with it.

As far as I know, the names given at christenings don't have any legal weight.

It's more likely that he was legally (as in the registry) named Michael H P, and then called Mica at home like some form of short name.

Like someone who's legal name is William, is called Bill at home.

Well, she doesn't look Italian to me! But maybe that's because she colored her hair a loooong time ago.

She should be proud of her origins! Nothing to hide!

I don't think she's hiding anything. She's never made any secret of the fact that she's Italian and was raised Catholic.

Dropping Ciccone is no different than Mika dropping Penniman. I'm sure 95% of people who know of Mika have no idea what his last name is. It's only a matter for us obsessive and pedantic fans.

Speaking of which, he is Michael Holbrook Penniman as that's how he's credited in various places.

I don't think she's hiding anything. She's never made any secret of the fact that she's Italian and was raised Catholic.

Dropping Ciccone is no different than Mika dropping Penniman. I'm sure 95% of people who know of Mika have no idea what his last name is. It's only a matter for us obsessive and pedantic fans.

Speaking of which, he is Michael Holbrook Penniman as that's how he's credited in various places.

hmmm, you might be right there :boxed:

False fact from Wikipedia? Because it's his father's name.. and..

No, I have no idea. :blink:

I dunno. Interesting. But..I will ask him once okay?Once I get to meet him!Cuz maybe he has never ever got that question from fans.

'What's your name?' :lmfao:

False fact from Wikipedia? Because it's his father's name.. and..

No, I have no idea. :blink:

Michael Holbrook Penniman is the name he has used to register as songwriter and composer for all of his songs. There is no reason to believe that this isn't his real name.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp?page=1&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&fromrow=1&torow=25&affiliation=BMI&cae=477236431&keyID=976175&keyname=PENNIMAN%20MICHAEL%20HOLBROOK&querytype=WriterID

Like Mika does on many subjects, he makes very ambiguous statements about his name, but if you go back over what he actually said, he never once stated that Mica is his legal name. Just because his mother wasn't crazy about the junior thing and calls him Mica, doesn't mean that his father didn't get his wish and name him Michael Holbrook on his birth certificate.

Michael Holbrook Penniman is the name he has used to register as songwriter and composer for all of his songs. There is no reason to believe that this isn't his real name.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp?page=1&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&fromrow=1&torow=25&affiliation=BMI&cae=477236431&keyID=976175&keyname=PENNIMAN%20MICHAEL%20HOLBROOK&querytype=WriterID

Like Mika does on many subjects, he makes very ambiguous statements about his name, but if you go back over what he actually said, he never once stated that Mica is his legal name. Just because his mother wasn't crazy about the junior thing and calls him Mica, doesn't mean that his father didn't get his wish and name him Michael Holbrook on his birth certificate.

Could it be that the title "gave it all away" is a song that he played a little piece of in his DVD? You know, in the documentary at the piano.

Does someone know which one I'm talking about?

and I like the title "look don't touch" :naughty:

:punk::naughty::thumb_yello:What a bunch of amateurs, huh?:bleh:

Now that settled- can we just drop the topic? Like- forever? :biggrin2:

Yeah this needs to go into the FAQs with a definitive answer. Honestly even if Mika came out and said that his legal name is Mica, I wouldn't believe him. :roftl: He's a proven liar and the facts speak for themselves.

To me, it makes a lot of sense that his legal name is Michael Holbrook.

I mean, to me Holbrook sounds very much like "Hollyoaks", no? It was a sign.....

Could it be that the title "gave it all away" is a song that he played a little piece of in his DVD? You know, in the documentary at the piano.

Does someone know which one I'm talking about?

Not sure. Where exactly did he sing this?

Not sure. Where exactly did he sing this?

I don't remember it on the minute :wink2:

but I know it's somewhere in the beginning of the documentary. I think when he talks about the feeling he get in his back when he's writing songs or something...

I left the DVD at uni so I can't check it. I just remember that I heard him sing like 3 lines or something and that I thought: now THIS song I need to hear on a cd!