Composer:Michael Holbrook Penniman Jr

paula.pop

I don't remember it on the minute :wink2:

but I know it's somewhere in the beginning of the documentary. I think when he talks about the feeling he get in his back when he's writing songs or something...

I left the DVD at uni so I can't check it. I just remember that I heard him sing like 3 lines or something and that I thought: now THIS song I need to hear on a cd!

Are you really going to make me go and fetch the dvd now?? :roftl: I am too curious:sneaky2:

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he also registered songs under the name of alice, no?

and we all know that that is definitely not his legal name.

I really don't think he would use his father's name as a pseudonym for his own songs. The Alice thing was for one Eros Ramazzotti song where he obviously doesn't want himself credited. He's not exactly hiding his identity in going by Michael Holbrook Penniman.

There is no reason to believe this isn't his legal name. He could have just as easily been called Mike or Mikey his whole life, but his family calls him Mica. That doesn't change the fact that his real name is Michael Holbrook.

I noticed that a while ago while reading the credits on the sleeves of Relax. Didn't pay much attention to it though, I just took it for granted.

(top one = CD single, bottom one = CD maxi single)

RelaxMHPsmall.jpg

OK GUYS!

I stopped posting but lurking and seeing this and the fact you actually think MIKA would really let anything of his get published with an ERROR....errr NO HE WOULDN'T!!:roftl: He would have a panic if that happened. Don't forget he likes things to be perfect in every way.:wink2:

His name is MICHAEL HOLBROOK PENNIMAN and these cd covers are all the proof you need!!:biggrin2:

xx

OK GUYS!

I stopped posting but lurking and seeing this and the fact you actually think MIKA would really let anything of his get published with an ERROR....errr NO HE WOULDN'T!!:roftl: He would have a panic if that happened. Don't forget he likes things to be perfect in every way.:wink2:

His name is MICHAEL HOLBROOK PENNIMAN and these cd covers are all the proof you need!!:biggrin2:

xx

Thanks for enlightening us DaisyLou, and for ratifying what we decided a while back:roftl: Have you actually read the thread?:biggrin2:

I don't remember it on the minute :wink2:

but I know it's somewhere in the beginning of the documentary. I think when he talks about the feeling he get in his back when he's writing songs or something...

I left the DVD at uni so I can't check it. I just remember that I heard him sing like 3 lines or something and that I thought: now THIS song I need to hear on a cd!

Oh! Oh! I know what you're talking about. I think you could be right. :thumb_yello:

"But she goes and falls in love and throws it all away..."

This if my favourite bit on the DVD because he is doing a soundcheck with Love Today and does a really muted, controlled version of the intro. I love when he goes out on stage and gives it full throttle, but I also wish he would exercise some of this control more often because it's really powerful in its own way.

I've read through the whole thread, but I still belive his name is Mika (before; Mica) Penniman.

:roftl: WHY??

Seriously believing his real name is Mica is just wishful thinking. Although why anyone would want to wish his name is Mica instead of Michael so badly, I'm not sure.

I've read through the whole thread, but I still belive his name is Mika (before; Mica) Penniman.

See? Like I said:

So the person who wrote the credits texts for the inlay of the Relax singles took the wrong info from Wikipedia. :shocked::naughty:

Or it's a trick. Just a diversion - created by Mika, on purpose. Clever boy. :naughty:

Oh! Oh! I know what you're talking about. I think you could be right. :thumb_yello:

This if my favourite bit on the DVD because he is doing a soundcheck with Love Today and does a really muted, controlled version of the intro. I love when he goes out on stage and gives it full throttle, but I also wish he would exercise some of this control more often because it's really powerful in its own way.

YES!!! That's the one I was talking about!

That whole part is beautiful indeed. And the power that comes with the controlled voice is un-be-lievable...

So I hope hope hope that maybe it could be a song for the next cd. There's something about the chords he uses there that gives me chills everywhere.

Ok! Nobody can tell you what you should believe, but I do think that the facts speak for themselves.

I suppose that it's within your rights to "believe" as you wish :naughty: However wrong I believe it is, hehe!:biggrin2:

Ok, NOW I really need to listen to it!

I totally agree with that! I love it when he sings like that, it has an extra special element....A bit like the reason why I loved his a capella and acoustic versions of Relax, they make me feel so much!:wub2:

:roftl: WHY??

Seriously believing his real name is Mica is just wishful thinking. Although why anyone would want to wish his name is Mica instead of Michael so badly, I'm not sure.

I know, I agree.:thumb_yello:

Yes thanks I did read the whole thread while eating heaps of Christmas chocolate! LOL!! and it was for people like the above (although some are joking...right?) and some others that even tho it was acknowledged by most, not all agreed what his REAL name is!:biggrin2:

xx

He said in a interview that his name is Mika

Penniman, that Michael Holbrook Penniman is his dad's name.

Listen to it again. He actually illustrates how his name morphed from Michael to Mica because his mother didn't want to call him Michael. And she doesn't call him that, but it's still his legal name. That's why his nickname is derived from Michael and he's not called Bob or Liam.

Please, don't make me get out copies of his birth certificate and passport! :sneaky2:

:wink2:

I totally agree with that! I love it when he sings like that, it has an extra special element....A bit like the reason why I loved his a capella and acoustic versions of Relax, they make me feel so much!:wub2:

I was looking at my top iTunes songs and the a capella version of Relax is number 1 with 70 plays or something crazy. I absolutely love it.

The soundcheck on the DVD starts at 5:55 and it goes back and forth between that and his session at the piano.

Listen to it again. He actually illustrates how his name morphed from Michael to Mica because his mother didn't want to call him Michael. And she doesn't call him that, but it's still his legal name. That's why his nickname is derived from Michael and he's not called Bob or Liam.

Please, don't make me get out copies of his birth certificate and passport! :sneaky2:

I was looking at my top iTunes songs and the a capella version of Relax is number 1 with 70 plays or something crazy. I absolutely love it.

The soundcheck on the DVD starts at 5:55 and it goes back and forth between that and his session at the piano.

I actually guessed it was somewhere there, but I didn't want to guess without verifying...

damned, I even know the scenes without having the DVD with me... now what does that tell you about me:blink:

Michael Holbrook Penniman is the name he has used to register as songwriter and composer for all of his songs. There is no reason to believe that this isn't his real name.

http://repertoire.bmi.com/writer.asp?page=1&blnWriter=True&blnPublisher=True&blnArtist=True&fromrow=1&torow=25&affiliation=BMI&cae=477236431&keyID=976175&keyname=PENNIMAN%20MICHAEL%20HOLBROOK&querytype=WriterID

Like Mika does on many subjects, he makes very ambiguous statements about his name, but if you go back over what he actually said, he never once stated that Mica is his legal name. Just because his mother wasn't crazy about the junior thing and calls him Mica, doesn't mean that his father didn't get his wish and name him Michael Holbrook on his birth certificate.

I like the title of Look don't touch:naughty:

Is Pray for me Holy Johhny?:blink:

Has he wrote all the songs on those 2 pages?:blink:

As for his name:

Michael Holbrook Penniman. <----Birth name

Mica Penniman <----Nickname (is that right?)

Oh.. Now I get it. :doh:

Thanks.

hmm i can see why he doesn't like his name as much as his siblings.. Yasmine, Paloma, Zuleika, Fortune.. then Michael.. aw bless :naughty:

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty::roftl: :roftl: :roftl: he's the only one with a ''normal'' name...

Paloma is a very normal and common name in Spain! So that would make two of them. Well, one at the time: when they're in Spain, Paloma is the normal one and Mika the exotic one, and when they're in the UK, he's the normal one.

Did anyone else notice that on that list there's "Relax" and then "Relax Take It Easy"? Iiinteresting...

It appears that he wrote and published it and then published it a second time to give the guy from Cutting Crew a composer credit. :naughty:

I really can't believe that was necessary. Maybe because I lived through the '80s I can't be objective about the music from that era, but I really don't hear it in Relax.

Erase on the other hand screams Robbie Williams Angels but no one seems to care about that. I guess because Mika was already collaborating with Robbie's songwriter.