MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: Mothers who love MIKA

Blue Sky

How embarrassing it can be sometimes to be a mother & a Mika fan ...

Few days ago, my 5 years old son told me during the diner :

"Mummy is in love with Mika. She wants to marry him" :boxed:

OMG.. fortunately my husband was not there..:fisch:

I've :blink: few seconds and didn't find anything else to say than: "Don't be silly, boy. You know that mummy is already married" :crybaby:

:biggrin2:

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi moms! May I join?

I live in the UK, but originally I'm from Estonia. I have a son and a daughter, aged 6 and 5, and a scientist husband, so I actually have 3 kids to look after :biggrin2:. Partly kidding of course :wink2:.

Fortunately, all of my family likes MIKA's music and fortunately my husband knows nothing about MFC, so he believes me to be a truly hardworking wife staying up to work till 2 or 3 am :biggrin2:.

Another time, my son asked me:

"Mummy, why are you doing so much work on MFC?" :roftl:

I've :blink: few seconds and didn't find anything else to say than: "Don't be silly, boy. You know that mummy is already married" :crybaby:

My 6 year old said exactly the same...... at the hairdresser :shocked:

He also said I should marry mika and my current husband could be my kids uncle. :naughty:

Hello, my name is Elena and I'm glad I found this thread, because my husband always tells me that I'm the only crazy mum who loses her time in a fan club. In fact, I think he's just jealous. Anyway, also my kids are mad about mika, especially my daughter, who's 5 years old and is in love with him and his music (as her mum). My son, who's 2 years old, likes only kick ass, but I think it's enough for now!

Bye

Elena

My kids constantly come up with things like that :roftl:. Mostly things a la "Mom, do you love dad or MIKA or both?" :shocked:

Hello, my name is Elena and I'm glad I found this thread, because my husband always tells me that I'm the only crazy mum who loses her time in a fan club. In fact, I think he's just jealous. Anyway, also my kids are mad about mika, especially my daughter, who's 5 years old and is in love with him and his music (as her mum). My son, who's 2 years old, likes only kick ass, but I think it's enough for now!

Bye

Elena

no you're not alone... and husband can't understand, they just can't see past their jealousy:naughty:

no you're not alone... and husband can't understand, they just can't see past their jealousy:naughty:

Luckily my husband likes mika too. And he is not jealous, he just makes jokes about it. And he always says, if you get mika, I get cherise :naughty:

Luckily my husband likes mika too. And he is not jealous, he just makes jokes about it. And he always says, if you get mika, I get cherise :naughty:

I can't really tell what my husband really thinks about Mika because none of these are true but let's say is not very happy that his kids love him too:teehee:

Sorry, I just realized I forgot to introduce myself :teehee:

I'm french but I live in Seoul (South Korea). I'm 38 and I have 2 kids (Ines 9 and Noe 5).

Like Cathouzouf, I come on MFC mainly on work hours because I have to manage my kids and also my husband who doesn't like Mika.. :sneaky2:

But believe me, this does not discourage me..:naughty:

I like the name of your older kid :naughty::thumb_yello:

And do you tell them the truth?? :roftl:

You know you should never lie to kids, Siu :wags_finger:

Usually it's the dad who handles the situation saying that of course mom loves MIKA, but she still likes me a bit, too :teehee:.

I guess I must be happy that my kids don't speak English to me yet, cause once in the store my little one, hearing a MIKAsong, shouted out in sheer excitement: "Mom, listen! It's your darling MIKA!" :mf_rosetinted:.

Edited by Siu

Oh! I haven´t seen this thread before. Can I join? :blush-anim-cl:

I have a lovely and patient husband and an adorable eigth years old kid.

They don´t like Mika´s music, but my husband admits that Mika is a good artist with a great voice and that seems a nice guy, my child says what papa says.

Any spanish mum here?

• 6 months later...

I stumbled on this thread again! Been ages since I've been here!

Maybe it would be nice to revive it a bit!

How are all you mums! Hope you're fine and still adoring our curly tall guy!

I have a bit of a struggle with my hubby, I want to go to the MFC party in London next year, but my hubby thinks it's a waste of money!

I try to convince it's not a waste of money, and since I make an oilpaint portrait of Mika for the auction, I need to be there! But up till today he makes a big NONO!

I stumbled on this thread again! Been ages since I've been here!

Maybe it would be nice to revive it a bit!

How are all you mums! Hope you're fine and still adoring our curly tall guy!

I have a bit of a struggle with my hubby, I want to go to the MFC party in London next year, but my hubby thinks it's a waste of money!

I try to convince it's not a waste of money, and since I make an oilpaint portrait of Mika for the auction, I need to be there! But up till today he makes a big NONO!

Awww so sorry for you....

My 2,5 year old son asks to turn on the music - and only Mika! His name was among the first words that my son learned :naughty:

Awww so sorry for you....

My 2,5 year old son asks to turn on the music - and only Mika! His name was among the first words that my son learned :naughty:

That's a good boy! I like him allready without knowing your little boy! :wub2:

I have two daughters, 16 and almost 19 years old. The youngest is a big Mika fan too! We have a lot of fun together going to gigs and things! It's great to share that with your kid!

It's a bit lame to quote myself but it was funny to read what I wrote six moths ago, because my little one still gets all excited when she hears MIKA in the local supermarket, but now she shouts out in pure English: "Mom, it's your MIKA! Mom, it's MIKA!!!" I no longer turn red when she does that :mf_rosetinted:.

Usually it's the dad who handles the situation saying that of course mom loves MIKA, but she still likes me a bit, too :teehee:.

I guess I must be happy that my kids don't speak English to me yet, cause once in the store my little one, hearing a MIKAsong, shouted out in sheer excitement: "Mom, listen! It's your darling MIKA!" :mf_rosetinted:.

That's a good boy! I like him allready without knowing your little boy! :wub2:

I have two daughters, 16 and almost 19 years old. The youngest is a big Mika fan too! We have a lot of fun together going to gigs and things! It's great to share that with your kid!

And my boy is curly, btw :wink2:

I have a daughter, too, being 10 years old she attended 2 gigs with us, she is a Mika fan too!

It's a bit lame to quote myself but it was funny to read what I wrote six moths ago, because my little one still gets all excited when she hears MIKA in the local supermarket, but now she shouts out in pure English: "Mom, it's your MIKA! Mom, it's MIKA!!!" I no longer turn red when she does that :mf_rosetinted:.

I'm afraid the same is waiting for me :blink:

One of my boys (Philippe, 9, has a twin brother called Alexandre) used to call Mika, my little Mika (ton petit Mika) until one day, I explain to him that Mika is about the same size as one of my cousin (±6 ft4) :roftl:

That is so sweet Siu :wub2: Thanks for sharing :huglove:

I got two unexpected Mika moments today linked to children

First was when I went to wake my daughter's up and "Relax, Take it easy" was being played

on her radio :wub2:

Then in the afternoon , one of the babies I was taking care of today, the youngest one , an eighteen month old girl who knows about twelve words started to say Mika, Mika, Mika, Mika, Mika, Mika, Mika ...and again and again :wub2: It was the first time she said Mika and I think she went on because she saw how happy I was everytime she was saying it :wub2:

And when my daughter said to me "When I heard about Mika gig in Compiegne , I decided to buy a tick for you for mother's day ":wub2:

But then I told her I already had one, as a dear Mika friend had already bought one for me :wub2: