MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: Mothers who love MIKA

Blue Sky

oh oh am i too late??? I want in. Well if you gals haven't seen me around yet, Im Cloud 30 ahem 8! :wink2: I have two Boys, 18 and um um 12 or 13 I think??? ( He's like Maggie Simpson, never grows up) and since Mika I really don't pay attention to them or the dog, or co-workers, bosses, traffic lights, not cyber friends, bills, etc,etc. I live in El Paso, Texas, small border town.. and I'm single (divorced). My oldest plays in a band and the lil one dances around to anything..My oldest can't accept the fact that there's another love in my life (Mika) beside Freddie Mercury so he pretends no to like him, but i have caught him mumbling his songs.. so there.. he he..

And as far as my relationship with Mika goes, well what can i say, I'm starting to loose some friends over him.. (but gaining a whole bunch more) he, he..

I think we all are...

And I don't feel old for Mika,, at all.. I am young at heart and mind.. and love it. :thumb_yello:

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I am back on for a minute, in between running kids to this and that, you all know how that is, I need to welcome so many more newbies to MCF MOTHERS' CLUB.

Mika Mad #23 (whose been posting round here MUCH longer than me!)

carlasue #24 (welcome to our Mika-life crisis!!)

sparkly1 #25 (who apparently could give me some stiff competition in a talk-the-leg-off-an-iron-table contest!):roftl: :roftl: (as my Dad used to say!)

cloud # 26 (fellow Queeniac)

I just feel it's is so nice to have a bunch of gals who appreciate (and forgive) the fact the housework is not done, the meals are slipping, I am suffering from a dreadful lack of sleep....all because of wonderful MIKA. Who else would understand??? MFC MOTHERS CLUB RULE!!:thumb_yello:

Recently I have been attempting to double up as the eyes and ears for the Japanese mixi site fans (sort of like myspace, community network in Japanese), posting youtube links of Leeds and S.Bush and mp3s of as yet unheard tracks and everything. Many of them couldn't manage these forums because it is just too much English. And the CD doesn't come out here till June 20!!

However, I still am not sure if I am going to see Mika here in Japan...and I just found out the Japan MTV awards red carpet show will be on the internet live. I will post the link when I get it. It will be on Sat May 26th from 4pm (Tokyo time) I think. That is just 50 minutes earlier than I am posting this so look at the time indicator above my post and you should be able to work out your local time to see if you will be awake. More on that later.

Hello, I have just found this thread...being 45 I can remember the era when that was number of rotations per minute that vinyl singles were played...:biggrin2: (hence their other name '45s')

I have a 14-year-old daughter - she will be 15 on Sunday. I'm a self-confessed aged adolescent SO WHY SHOULD AGE BE ANY FACTOR?

He he...we're the 'Mika mums...' :biggrin2:...

Great to see some Japanese fans - when I was a teenager, I had a Japanese penpal via the Queen fan club! History re-visited! :biggrin2:

Hello, I have just found this thread...being 45 I can remember the era when that was number of rotations per minute that vinyl singles were played...:biggrin2: (hence their other name '45s')

I have a 14-year-old daughter - she will be 15 on Sunday. I'm a self-confessed aged adolescent SO WHY SHOULD AGE BE ANY FACTOR?

Great to see some Japanese fans - when I was a teenager, I had a Japanese penpal via the Queen fan club! History re-visited! :biggrin2:

HEY JADE & WELCOME HERE !!!:biggrin2:

Hey, great to see so many more Mika Mums on here, we really need this 'group'.. I am enjoying reading all your raves 'coz it means I'm not going crazy after all. Well I am, but I'm not the only one!:bleh:

Whenever I start to waver and think "hmm, I am too old for this malarkey" I have a quick word with myself and ponder on the great benefits of being a Mika Mum:

1) It keeps people like me (ie approaching middle age - uggh!) computer and internet savvy (hours spent posting on MFC, learning forum slang, learning how to upload stuff etc) which can ONLY be of great benefit to our young kids as we can help them out and/or know what they are talking about;

2) Getting into Mika has made me more interested in current music trends in general so my kids think I'm hip and trendy and 'with it' (that may not be such a good thing in a few years when they become embarrassed teenagers, mind!)

3) It is good for my health as jumping around to LICM is good exercise. Keeps that osteoporosis threat at bay:bleh:

4) Mika love keeps our hormones flowing and maybe we need that at our age:blink: I know I do:roftl:

Sure there are many more benefits of Mika-Life Crisis!

Hey, great to see so many more Mika Mums on here, we really need this 'group'.. I am enjoying reading all your raves 'coz it means I'm not going crazy after all. Well I am, but I'm not the only one!:bleh:

Whenever I start to waver and think "hmm, I am too old for this malarkey" I have a quick word with myself and ponder on the great benefits of being a Mika Mum:

1) It keeps people like me (ie approaching middle age - uggh!) computer and internet savvy (hours spent posting on MFC, learning forum slang, learning how to upload stuff etc) which can ONLY be of great benefit to our young kids as we can help them out and/or know what they are talking about;

2) Getting into Mika has made me more interested in current music trends in general so my kids think I'm hip and trendy and 'with it' (that may not be such a good thing in a few years when they become embarrassed teenagers, mind!)

3) It is good for my health as jumping around to LICM is good exercise. Keeps that osteoporosis threat at bay:bleh:

4) Mika love keeps our hormones flowing and maybe we need that at our age:blink: I know I do:roftl:

Sure there are many more benefits of Mika-Life Crisis!

WELL SAID!! I could not agree more, especially with No. 4!!! :hypo:

I so like knowing you are all "there"!!

Hi AGJG :welcomeani: (if I can call you that...I laughed so much when I first saw your name the other day)

You are now officially Mika Mum #27...I thought of calling the thread Mika mums, but the US girls are moms not mums, so I wanted to keep everyone happy! We can call ourselves whatever we like of course.

And I have to admit to being exactly the same age as you, and my first 45 record (yes I remember them well, I still have mine) was Killer Queen!! 1974 or 1975. BWAHAHAHAHA, I am really that ancient....oh well so are you, so we can laugh together.

And hate to disappoint you, I only LIVE in Japan, I am an Oz girl through and through. My dh is Japanese and my kids are all proud "mutts".

Hi AGJG :welcomeani: (if I can call you that...I laughed so much when I first saw your name the other day)

You are now officially Mika Mum #27...I thought of calling the thread Mika mums, but the US girls are moms not mums, so I wanted to keep everyone happy! We can call ourselves whatever we like of course.

And I have to admit to being exactly the same age as you, and my first 45 record (yes I remember them well, I still have mine) was Killer Queen!! 1974 or 1975. BWAHAHAHAHA, I am really that ancient....oh well so are you, so we can laugh together.

And hate to disappoint you, I only LIVE in Japan, I am an Oz girl through and through. My dh is Japanese and my kids are all proud "mutts".

HEY ... I'M A 45'er TOO !! BRIMFULL OF ASHER ON THE 45 !!!!!:fisch: :fisch:

I love this thread, we sure have a lot of life in us don't we..., and yeah your right we SURE do need MmmMikalurve to keep our hormones running smoothly, I know it's a huge SHOCK SHOCK ME to the younglings that anicient ppl can still have weird crazy obsessions but it's true!! WE are the evidence and MmmMIKA is the cause..yummy, mind you it's a tad unnerving that part of me just wants to mother him and give him big tight hugs and ruffle his curls and do up his buttons and laces and wonder if he is getting a nice hot meal and enough sleep etc :blink: ah well, it comes with the motherly territory doesn't it, once a mother always a mother, lol.

We need to make a thread for all our menopausal and mikary conditions don't we. so I shall start one.

HEY ... I'M A 45'er TOO !! BRIMFULL OF ASHER ON THE 45 !!!!!:fisch: :fisch:

:shocked: :shocked:

Sorry.. I just realised you could be my mom too... :blink:

Wow... cool!!!:biggrin2:

mind you it's a tad unnerving that part of me just wants to mother him and give him big tight hugs and ruffle his curls and do up his buttons and laces and wonder if he is getting a nice hot meal and enough sleep etc

:roftl: :roftl: Yes!

I go from thinking the above one day, to all-out lust the next.

Is this wrong?:shocked:

:bleh:

Hi AGJG (if I can call you that...I laughed so much when I first saw your name the other day)

Oh! okay - Oz is okay, I suppose :biggrin2: (What a POMMIE BASTARD I am :roftl: ) I have a close connection with 'Aussie Queens' - the Oz + NZ Queen fans - they have my website on their 'links' page - a discerning group of people, for sure! :biggrin2:

HO yes, doesn't Mika NEED MOTHERING? :wub2: I can see this thread already has some 'risque' content - AHEM...moving swiftly on...

Thanks for your comment about my 'user name' - yes the abbreviation is fine - might give me additional 'kudos' around the place, y'know...(WHAT? YOU DON'T KNOW WHO AGJG IS? :rolleyes::biggrin2: ) I think that A Gagged Jade Goody should join Mika's world on a permanent basis, achieving status secondary only to the LG, BB, etc...because I think it would be such a jolly great relief if somebody really DID gag Jade Goody...

Yes, I agree that dancing around to LCIM is EXCELLENT exercise! :thumb_yello:

By the way, do I do anything else about being #27? I take it I can add this distinction to my signature now?

By the way, I didn't mean to lower the tone of the thread by my use of the word "lust". It won't happen again!:shocked: God knows there are enough 'dodgy threads' out there:roftl: We don't want this one to 'turn'...

Just good clean Mikamum/mom fun from now on, I promise!

:mf_rosetinted:

OMG SASJE !!! IS THAT OK ???!!! DON'T WORRY ... I AM SOOOO SUCH A YOUNG THING .... EVEN MY 23yr. old DAUGHTER IS SOOOO PROUD TO INTRO. HER FRIENDS TO HER 'GROOVY, COOL MAMA' !!!!!!!!:punk: :punk:

By the way, I didn't mean to lower the tone of the thread by my use of the word "lust". It won't happen again! God knows there are enough 'dodgy threads' out there We don't want this one to 'turn'...

Just good clean Mikamum/mom fun from now on, I promise!

:mf_rosetinted:

I didn't mean that, write 'LUST' as much as you like :bleh:..actually I had wanted to put one of these in :biggrin2: after my comment, but we're rationed on smileys...just one of the other great inconveniencies I have to tolerate on top of this 'gagging order' on my head :biggrin2:..

:mf_lustslow: I'm sure Mika doesn't need any of these screaming teeny-bopper types :biggrin2: just loadsa TLC from us mums who know how...:roftl:

It's okay AGJG I didn't take it the wrong way...I was just covering myself in case the dodgy thread police (Freddie:naughty: only joking) got onto me:mf_rosetinted:

aww but he does need mothering though. His Mum looks lovely, I'm sure she does a good enough job but we can be his onlin surrogate mums!

aww but he does need mothering though. His Mum looks lovely, I'm sure she does a good enough job but we can be his onlin surrogate mums!

yep we are now MOSM's does that sound a bit..oh no that is another abbreviation altogether isn't it thankfully (wait for another abrriveation) Mika's Online Surrogate Mums (or mom w/e lol)

Well there are young mums and older mums...and we 45ers are where??? stuck in the middle maybe?

yep we are now MOSM's does that sound a bit..oh no that is another abbreviation altogether isn't it thankfully (wait for another abrriveation) Mika's Online Surrogate Mums (or mom w/e lol)

or howabout Mika's Online Mothering Service (MOMS) ?

I suggest whenever we see pics of him looking a bit peaky we spring into action...not sure how though:boxed:

or howabout Mika's Online Mothering Service (MOMS) ?

I suggest whenever we see pics of him looking a bit peaky we spring into action...not sure how though:boxed:

Yep that the one:thumb_yello: proud MOMS#1(or 2 or w/e) or do we have enough groups now lol.