MIKA on The Vodafone Live Hour!(tomorrow)

tamika

OK, I was a little confused -- thought this was going to be a live broadcast of

part of the show that's going on right now... I'm NOT complaining -- it was lovely to hear him, of course! Just not what I thought it was going to be. I'm blonde, what can I say?:blush-anim-cl:

But thanks so much for giving the link to this, so that I could pretend for a few minutes that I was there in London at the show! :wink2:

dcdeb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Seriously. I started listening right when he was about half-way through Love Today, then it started screwing up so I clicked to the dial-up quality to see if it was any faster, that wouldn't load, so I went back to broadband, and apparently that made me miss all of the interview except for the "I'll be on the road all summer" and then the song that he picked...

What did I miss?

Damn. Seriously. I started listening right when he was about half-way through Love Today, then it started screwing up so I clicked to the dial-up quality to see if it was any faster, that wouldn't load, so I went back to broadband, and apparently that made me miss all of the interview except for the "I'll be on the road all summer" and then the song that he picked...

What did I miss?

Let's see... He talked about how he's living his life on the road at the moment, either on stage or in an airplane. He said the best thing about touring was the people he got to see, and the places he's been -- the worst was living in hotels, without your own place or routine. He added that he knew this was the "big push" to get his career off to the right start, and he talked about how the record sales were exploding worldwide all at the same time due to everything being so available via the internet, that he was having to run after that to catch up, and that it was "exhausting." They asked him who he was listening to right now and he mentioned Patrick Wolf, and how it seemed like Patrick was going to leave the music business because of reading negative stuff on his forum -- then Mika added that it was dangerous sometimes to read about yourself on the internet. :wink2:

He talked a bit about how he's still writing songs every day, just in a different way than he's used to, and he introduced Love Today by saying the lyrics (Carolina sits on 95, give her a dollar and she'll make you smile, etc.). He talked some about all the festivals he's doing this summer, and how he's going to be in a different city just about every day. After Love Today, I think he talked about doing the artwork for the CD with his sister, and then he introduced Patrick Wolf's Magic Position.

I think that's about it :)

dcdeb

However...I kinda left the laptop while the show was recording, I came back and 'The Magic Position' was coming to an end.

Is Mika's segment over?

Yep. That was it. :)

dcdeb

However...I kinda left the laptop while the show was recording, I came back and 'The Magic Position' was coming to an end.

Is Mika's segment over?

guess thats about all.:wink2:. they had calvin harris on...

Aww, glad I got it to work....If you read my earlier response to this thread, I was about to kill myself because of the country restrictions!

Thank goodness for loopholes :naughty:

It'll be up shortlyyyyy :biggrin2: