Should we post paparazzi pics?

violet_sky

Should paparazzi pics of Mika be posted or linked here?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Should paparazzi pics of Mika be posted or linked here?

• Yes, of course!
    • No way!

But don't you buy the magazines that have the photos of MIKA or other celebs in them? Because that is what puts the big price tag on the photos the pprz take, as magazines know they will sell more copies if they have some hot celeb sucking someone's toes or something taken by telephoto lens. Fans like us are what keep the PPRZ in business. Even if we don't want the pics posted here.

And I admit I read PEOPLE magazine every week, and I look at Perez's site, and I am addicted to youtube, and LOTS of those pics and videos are taken by pprz. I do enjoy them!!!

People who seek fame, through acting, music or whatever, they know the pprz are part of the job. I feel more sorry for the people who are accidental celebrities.

Just what I was thinking/trying to express :wink2: You always have a great opinion (in my opinion) .

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a thin line between what is right to do and what is wrong...paparazzis

are unfortunately the one drag that comes with becoming famous, they drag an artist down and allow him to have little normal life keft...they expose the almost unexposable and they make life hell ......

paparazzi pictures are rarely good shots or complimantary to the artist as the photographer wants to hit a raw nerve with the prospective punter, the more unreal, the more hell raising and secretive the better....they make a living from exposing other people's private life...

I would be very unhappy to see pictures as such on the Mikafanclub forum...just as I will delete any reference to Mika's private life and family details,this site is and should be to celebrate Mika, therefore posting these things should not be necessary

Sure it can be found in other magazines but then it can stay there,...

Thank you for your statement, steph.

I knew that we have SUPER Mods :thumb_yello:

Oh and: By starting this thread I did not mean to offend or judge anybody for posting those pics. I know that the intention behind that has always just been to share the newest stuff with the other members and of course I know that this was never meant to harm.

But I considered the topic worth a discussion...

For me, it totally depends on what type of paparazzi picture it is. If it is a total, blatant invasion of privacy (with family, personal pics, or where he looks really annoyed) than I'm against it, but if it's a photo of him, say, shopping or walking down the street, then I think that it would be okay to post.

I think that's fine because they're all officially published anyway, and it's not like we're digging through Mika's personal family pictures and posting them here without permission. Like I said on the last post, if it has been officially published, then it should be okay to post here.

i think its ok as long that they r not offenssive and getting into mika personal life...

we just need to try do what is best for mika.... right?

so before posting a pic like that...THINK.... :thumb_yello:

Personally, due to my absolute hatred (I know this may sound strong, but it's how I feel) of the paparazzi, I would most definatitely say NO!

By posting their photos we are saying that it okay to hound and harass not only Mika, but his family too (let's not be naive about this, they will not just leave it at getting pictures of him, anyone remember the Beckhams children fiasco?).

I would say that the only photos we should post are the ones that Mika is happy to have taken with us the fans, by us the fans. That way we know that they are not invasive, and to my mind more natural.

I agree. I dunno if I am going paranoid, but I still remember that interview where he said the "journalists" were "chasing" his family and ex school friends to grab info about him, or stalk him to see if he attended gay clubs.. come on this is beyond pathetic. it's sad and hurtful.

no! its all well and good if they are pictures of him on tour or you know public apperiences where he chooses to be with fans or anything! but its another when people hiding in the bushes arround your house or follow you on holliday! I do not want to see pictures of his private life mainly because it is just that PRIVATE!

no! its all well and good if they are pictures of him on tour or you know public apperiences where he chooses to be with fans or anything! but its another when people hiding in the bushes arround your house or follow you on holliday! I do not want to see pictures of his private life mainly because it is just that PRIVATE!

I'm with you on that Rosinakiwi !!:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

avoca....the 'yes' is winning!!!! we can't help it!:thumbdown:

I can't believe that. :shocked: I serously didn't expected such a result. It's interesting to see, though. But still sad. Anyway, everybody is entitled to their opinion, I just rely on people to think before they post a pic.

I can't believe that. :shocked: I serously didn't expected such a result. It's interesting to see, though. But still sad. Anyway, everybody is entitled to their opinion, I just rely on people to think before they post a pic.

I did sadly, violet..

it seems cause mika's a good looking lad we are entitled to see any pic that's taken of him, willing or not. *sarcasm*

I never bought ant i will never buy "people" magazine. I won't buy it although there are pics of Mika.

The only way for him to avoid paparazzi is to have a "normal" life. Paparazzi don't care about famous people who have a "normal" life.

I never bought ant i will never buy "people" magazine. I won't buy it although there are pics of Mika.

The only way for him to avoid paparazzi is to have a "normal" life. Paparazzi don't care about famous people who have a "normal" life.

i think he is leading a pretty normal lfe for what hes doing, hes on tour traveling to different countries, but hes still being as normal as he can.

I'm in the middle of reading about the Unfreakin' believable Leeds Scandal so I don't have time to reword this- I posted this in the Issues with Pictures thread, but thought it relevant so here it is again

I didn't vote because I didn't want to be a hypocrite, it's a yes, but no. Perhaps it's wrong to post photos of his family if they're not posing or aware they're being photographed, although they're artists as well and he's even said the younger siblings will probably also go into the arts (in which case exposure is good). As for the MIKA Portofino photos, I liked seeing them and it seems a lot of other people did as well. That doesn't necessarily mean it's okay, but it's not as if they're naked pictures of him or a sex tape (THAT would be wrong). MIKA reads this site and we have several trusty moderators here that if anything offensive appears, I'm certain the thread would disappear as quickly as one could say "What thread?" That's what the Mods are here for, so I don't think we've done anything terribly wrong yet. Let's hope MIKA's thinking "Well now I can write this off as a business expense trip, at least we look good and now I have some extra photos for the scrapbook." (I'm being silly/ sardonic). I believe Yoppappop (who's being sensible but apparently misspelled it "pain in the a*s") isn't trying to make forced guidelines, just saying THINK a moment before you press that send button.

MIKA is friends with Perez Hilton, infamous for being biased and for causing a whole lot of other celebs grief not to mention outing some of them (to me THAT is VERY wrong), Perez does exactly what some MIKA fans disapprove of and takes it to another level. ~ There's a photo Perez took I've seen on this website where MIKA obviously does NOT want his photo taken (it's apparent because MIKA's holding his hand up in front of his face in a "NOOO" manner) yet his "friend" posted this picture on his website regardless, perhaps Perez thought it was funny- it made me mad, yet MIKA's still friends with him, so what's with that?

*M*

Thanks Minako, double, yet not redundant.

Well put though it is a difficult topic. Maybe too difficult. Maybe we're making a fuss about something Mika actually doesn't really care about. Maybe. I doubt it because we're talking about a person who attaches great importance on perfection - in performance and appearance and everything that is open to the public. Maybe it is a fine line between just invading somebody's private life and stalking.

I did sadly, violet..

it seems cause mika's a good looking lad we are entitled to see any pic that's taken of him, willing or not. *sarcasm*

Well, actually I don't know WHAT exactly I expected. I guess I'm sometimes a little too idealist. :bleh: But I am not as naive as it might seem. Mostly :blink: LOL. I know that there IS a market for these things. If that wasn't the case we would not have to discuss it. But those pics always go along with superficial pointless article frazzles in superficial pointless magazines and well, I guess I just thought we were beyond that. No offence against anybody...

I personally can't do anything with those pics for they lack something essential: the beauty, the charisma and the charms of the volitional performance/fanpics, the spontaneity and the FUN.

That's why I have such difficulties figuring out the hype of the newest holiday pic. Maybe it is only because I have seen barechested men before, though.

Those pics are so ordinary, taken just for the purpose of documentation of.... of what actually? Really, holdidays are part of an absolutely NORMAL life. There's nothing spectacular about it.