Leeds University ---- Shocking

FREDDIESDOUBLE

me too, it's as if someone has pinpointed us and decided that they didn't like us, it just doesn't make sense at all none of it does!:thumbdown: and i can't understand why i was allowed in even though when they saw me with you guys etc it was NO! and we'd all drank roughly the same amount. When i said to the security man ok if i hadnt drank went to the venue and had 12pints would you make me leave and he said no! I tell you victimization comes to mind.

so hannah you got in? Does anyone rem any bickering atall with ppl in the sudent bar?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i got in yes after crying my eyes out for about an hour, i was upset for the others, wasn't even going to go in but phoned Andi and she told me to, was upset that they were picking on us and i was freezing! We got to the union bar at about 6.15 as we left later than the others, we were all together and i never heard anybody say anything nasty to the ppl in the union, students etc, we were all chatting to everyone, even older mika fans that were there, nobody came to us and said that we were being too loud, too drunk etc, and if we were that drunk the bar has a right to refuse us drinks! but nobody did!

it's really made me mad as i never enjoyed the concert as much as i should have as i was feeling too guilty about the others not getting in!

i got in yes after crying my eyes out for about an hour, i was upset for the others, wasn't even going to go in but phoned Andi and she told me to, was upset that they were picking on us and i was freezing! We got to the union bar at about 6.15 as we left later than the others, we were all together and i never heard anybody say anything nasty to the ppl in the union, students etc, we were all chatting to everyone, even older mika fans that were there, nobody came to us and said that we were being too loud, too drunk etc, and if we were that drunk the bar has a right to refuse us drinks! but nobody did!

it's really made me mad as i never enjoyed the concert as much as i should have as i was feeling too guilty about the others not getting in!

Well i dont thik they should be allowed to get off with it. Basically it sounds like bullying. You all paid good, hard earned money, and all your nights were ruined even yours hannah, you shouldnt have to beg to get in and then leave your mates behind:shocked: I think you need to all get your money back, at the very least, its appalling, security are there to protect you, the paying customers, not abuse you! It is absolutely appalling, have you got your complaint in motion?

They abuse their power sometimes...just because they're security and think everyone has to obey them.

We'll make up for it on Thursday, Don't you worry! :thumb_yello:

you are right, they sound like thick, small minded, petty and total numb skulls from what i have read

You know what annoyed me the most? The fact that the security guy swore at me. We were having a proper discussion about why people weren't allowed in, he said i was allowed in but no one else was. To which i obviously said im not going in without them, we discussed it and then as soon as he couldnt validate his view point, he swore at me.Very mature...

I didnt stoop to his level and swear back. He also told me he didnt have to have a reason, and that if he felt like not letting people in because they were wearing blue he could do that if he wanted.

In the bar i spoke to three people not in our group 1)the bar man 2)to say thanks to a man who offered to take a photo 3) to say bye to the bouncer as we went out...

Its mad

oooook! so just finished to read the whole thread! :shocked:

freddie i'm so sorry for you guys...yesterday night i followed the whole situation and i was soooooo upset and at the same time angry and wanted to cry!!!

all the matter is so unfair!!! i mean, you guys are one of mika's greatest fans!!! security just sucks!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: at least you can go to another gig!:wink2:

You know what annoyed me the most? The fact that the security guy swore at me. We were having a proper discussion about why people weren't allowed in, he said i was allowed in but no one else was. To which i obviously said im not going in without them, we discussed it and then as soon as he couldnt validate his view point, he swore at me.Very mature...

I didnt stoop to his level and swear back. He also told me he didnt have to have a reason, and that if he felt like not letting people in because they were wearing blue he could do that if he wanted.

In the bar i spoke to three people not in our group 1)the bar man 2)to say thanks to a man who offered to take a photo 3) to say bye to the bouncer as we went out...

Its mad

Agree , I dont know if you saw but i followed all of yous out ,what I didnt realise was that you were going to the ladies toilets !! , i got half a foot in the door and two security people nearly killed me! ,I was like uppps sorry just following the crowd , sorry , but they just wanted an excuse to have a go , kata was laughing as she was in front of me ....

They wanted a barny me think :thumbdown:

Its mad

this is just getting weirder, i think we all want answers, it is not ok to not let someone in cause the way they look/what they wear! They say they have the right to refuse admission but i am cetain there would need to be a valid reason to exercise this right!

Wow, guys!

This should have been a happy thread with lots of fine moments to remember. Instead they ruined your evening! I hope for you Mika will make it up to you. He should give you all a Vip-threatment at the next gig you go to!

I'm so sorry for you. This really sucks!

:thumbdown:

i dont think Mika should have to make anything up, it wasnt his fault and he looked very shocked in the photos! They should get their money back and it would be fab if Mika send them something to cheer them up, but that would be a bonus, its not his fault

wow just finished reading the whole thread... I still can't belive what happened ! :shocked:

I'm so scandalised right now and appalled and shocked !!! This is completely ridiculous and if I wasn't thousand miles away I would go straight to the Uni and complain to them in person. They don't have the right to do this, and moreover they were very disrespectful. :thumbdown:

I guess we should look at the bright side though and that is that Mika found out about it and was pretty angry about it it seems (his face on the pics... priceless)

HUGE HUGS to all of you who couldn't get in !!!!!!!! You don't know how many of us were worrying about you guys yesterday night....

these security guards are real a*sholes, i hate how they think they got the power to do what they want just becausse of their position they are supposed to do their job properly not be idiots and mess about, thinking they're funny or whatever, they're all pricks and someone should def make a complaint to like the head so they can get sacked, teach them a damn lesson!!

They abuse their power sometimes...just because they're security and think everyone has to obey them.

We'll make up for it on Thursday, Don't you worry! :thumb_yello:

Also, they won't ever want to appear to back down - so as soon as they have made a decision, no matter how wrong and misguided that decision may be, they won't ever change their mind. Even though it would have become apparent from talking to you all that you were not drunk and not out to cause any trouble, they were never going to admit they could possibly have made an error. That's how a lot of people in uniform exert authority, and (imho) it's wrong:thumbdown:

i dont think Mika should have to make anything up, it wasnt his fault and he looked very shocked in the photos! They should get their money back and it would be fab if Mika send them something to cheer them up, but that would be a bonus, its not his fault

I didn't mean it was his fault! But it would be a nice way to ease the pain.

Oh god that's horrid! Maybe you will be reimbursed or something? Hope you at least get an apology from the bar people or the guards or anyone, because that really sucks. :thumbdown:

And that's ridiculous that the guard sweared at you, Jodi. Makes me :furious: !

Yes they were nasty and swearing , they didnt like people who could actually talk and give a point of view..

Its mad

what???? has he really said that???? how he dares???:sneaky2: if i was one of you guys, i can't even imagine how i would react...