Okay MFC...Mika Only Sounds Like Freddie When He Sings "HEY" In Grace Kelly!

He, he.... Freddie's got competition :naughty:

Listen to the HEYS here. Guess who's HEY is which- it's easy. And spot the Ice Man while you're at it :)

View My Video

Yeah, the second one sounds a bit weird...

OH MY GOD THAT IS JUST WHAT WE NEEDED THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!

(THAT ICE-MAN THREAD IS SOOO FUNNY!)

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

He, he.... Freddie's got competition :naughty:

Listen to the HEYS here. Guess who's HEY is which- it's easy. And spot the Ice Man while you're at it :)

View My Video

Yeah, the second one sounds a bit weird...

OMG that is so funny ! :roftl::biggrin2: thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

• 3 weeks later...

I've just listened to Freddie's "you're the only one" and I think in this song he sometimes sounds similar to Mika but even here you can hear the differences very clearly.

It's not an official song so if you don't know the song look here :

Lets Get One Thing Straight

Mika is Mika

Freddie is Freddie

END OF STORY

But Many Have Noticed (Including Your's Truly) That Our Dear Mika Sounds ACTUALLY LIKE FREDDIE MERCURY IN "GRACE KELLY" WHEN HE SINGS THE LINE:

"Say What You Want, To Satisfy Yourself...HEY!"

Want Proof?

Listen To Freddie's "HEY, HEY, HEY" In "Don't Stop Me Now"

...Try It...It's Kind Of Scary...

:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

If anybody could post the link to both songs that would be great!

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Hope This Starts Some Good Discussion

Do you know, i have thought that from the first time i ever heard it and i still think that now. ....AND, i was listening to it earlier on my ipod, and was thinking about it then - and then i saw this.....spooky...LOL!!!!!

Yes, defo agree with you. :thumb_yello:

Do you know, i have thought that from the first time i ever heard it and i still think that now. ....AND, i was listening to it earlier on my ipod, and was thinking about it then - and then i saw this.....spooky...LOL!!!!!

Yes, defo agree with you. :thumb_yello:

hahaha...i thought this thread was dead! :biggrin2:

amazing how ppl still manage to find them and post!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree! Mika has the same ”Hey” as Freddie. Brilliant! :thumb_yello:

Mika also sounds a little bit Freddie in the beginning of Stuck in the middle. ”I sit and think about the day that…” Do you guys think so?

I believe the explanation why Mika is often compared to Freddie is not actually his voice but his personality. Mika is such a lovely drama queen and very theatrical - like Freddie was. I also think that Mika uses his voice like Freddie but they have totally different color in their singings. That’s the difference and yes, it’s quit big. Too big to be compared in almost every interviews… :shocked:

BUT. What comes playing piano Mika really is like Freddie. And I love it! :wub2:

On the other hand I understand why people are trying to compare Mika to Freddie. For someone it’s easier to understand phenomen like Mika by categorizing him.

It’s obvious that in the future Mika is gonna be something as big and brilliant as Freddie was. So I’m not angry about comparison but sometimes a bit frustrated. Mika is unique. There’s nobody like him. Maybe people notice that someday. We’ve already seen it. :wink2:

I actually like the comparison. Freddie Mercury is a legend and it took years for him to be one. Mika is NEW, and people are comparing him with a legend!!

I think this is quite impressive.

But on the other hand, their music style is completely different. So comparing different music styles is just...

:blink: I am confused.

I actually like the comparison. Freddie Mercury is a legend and it took years for him to be one. Mika is NEW, and people are comparing him with a legend!!

But on the other hand, their music style is completely different. So comparing different music styles is just...

You're right! It's impressive BUT confusing. That's what I tried to say. :biggrin2: You can see that Mika himself is also confused about this. :blink:

True...but it's gonna take Mika a while to become a legend I mean...come on, this is his first album!

I belive if Freddie and the rest of the AMAZING BAND could make it in America, Mika can, its gonna b hard, I think he missed the mark on this album...maybe the next

But he is selling out shows over here...thats a soild start

I agree! Mika has the same â€Hey†as Freddie. Brilliant! :thumb_yello:

Mika also sounds a little bit Freddie in the beginning of Stuck in the middle. â€I sit and think about the day that…†Do you guys think so?

I believe the explanation why Mika is often compared to Freddie is not actually his voice but his personality. Mika is such a lovely drama queen and very theatrical - like Freddie was. I also think that Mika uses his voice like Freddie but they have totally different color in their singings. That’s the difference and yes, it’s quit big. Too big to be compared in almost every interviews… :shocked:

BUT. What comes playing piano Mika really is like Freddie. And I love it! :wub2:

OMG...I THOUGHT THE SAME THING...well kind of...the attitude is the similar...maybe not the voice so much

Freddie voice to me is alot more powerful than Mika's...but I guess that all comes with experiance

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody else listened Queen's (featuring David Bowie) song Under Pressure? In some parts of it, Freddie sounds exactly like Mika. :shocked: So, the conclusion is... Freddie has Mika's falsetto. :roftl:

Has anybody else listened Queen's (featuring David Bowie) song Under Pressure? In some parts of it, Freddie sounds exactly like Mika. :shocked: So, the conclusion is... Freddie has Mika's falsetto. :roftl:

Ive just listened to it and how true! :thumb_yello:

I love that song , Freddie and Bowie , superb

Freddie was and is my hero , I thought nobody could top him , after thursday he has the potential to be a big a star for me two things

1) His second album needs to be strong

2) The ability to step up and play to stadiums

I agree. I would like to see Mika make it big in the US. He should get "Stuck in the Middle" and "Erase" on the airways. If people really like them...how can they not...they will want to hear more. :thumb_yello: I have read a lot of the posts. When I heard Mika, I thought of Freddie, though their voices are different. I couldn't move while he sang. :jawdrop: I really knew that this would be someone special. As was stated elsewhere, it is the charisma. It is also the mesmerizing effect he has on people. Freddie and Mika both love, and want to include, the audience. They love campiness. Listen to Freddie's earlier music, when he played the piano often. Actually, I really think that Mika's playing on SITM, sounds a lot like Billy Joel. Although I mention this, I in no way mean that their overall sound is the same. Freddie and Mika...both passionate about their work, are perfectionists, opinionated, brilliant. One of the great things about Mika, is the fact that his interviews are great. Freddie didn't like doing interviews. Although it certainly wasn't obvious during performances, Freddie was shy outside of the friendships he had. They both instill an energy that seems to invade you. I thought of Freddie when I heard and saw Mika...not live. :emot-sad: I did because no one has made me feel this passionate about someone's music since Freddie. Mika has the potential to fill a gap that has been missing since Freddie. I have a huge selection of the CD's, videos, and DVD's, and even books. No one can replace Freddie. That will happen with Mika, in his own right. I know that Mika will make it. My mind takes a vacation when I hear them. I don't think about how much work I need to do for my job, nor do I worry about what is happening in the world, within reason. As far as stadiums...I would love to see and meet him before that time. He will not be able to do that when his audience is immense. Lastly, Mika is a solo performer, and Freddie was part of Queen, although for me, none of the others ever came close to Freddie. However, they all brought something special to their overall sound, and their songwriting was good. Mika wowed the crowd with his Love Today, extended version. I saw it on You Tube, but it must have been incredible, to say the least, to those who were there.:woot_jump: Mika will get there. Freddie knew he would make it, even before he came close to doing so. Mika has that confidence, and with his talents, he will be a living legend. :winner_first_h4h::cheers: [/color]

Joss Stones took a jab at "Under Pressure" for that concert for Diana...not so great

I read that Brian May was supposed to perform with her, but backed out at the last minute. He reportedly said that there was not enough notice, and that he needed to work on his doctoral thesis.

I read that Brian May was supposed to perform with her, but backed out at the last minute. He reportedly said that there was not enough notice, and that he needed to work on his doctoral thesis.

He said on his blog thing that he didn't want to take part, because Joss Stone wanted to rearrange it and he didn't want to be part of it. That's my boy.

LOL...you thought so, too, eh, Kelly?...

of course I thought that mandi...

I threw a pillow at the T.V and scream "YOU TRYIN TO BE LIKE FREDDIE...WELL YOU AIN'T GONNA PULL IT OFF...

...BECAUSE NO ONE CAN!"

lolololo

everyones tryin to ripe off poor Freddie lololo