i love rufus wainwright,. i actually found out about him a couple years ago because of shrek :blush-anim-cl: haha i loveed the way he sung hallaluah (did i spell that right lol). his voice is so captivating!

yea i really like 14th street, in my arms, beautiful child, cigarettes and chocolate milk, danny boy

ooh and arctic monkeys are awsome :thumb_yello:

OH YEAH LOVE MY ARCTIC MONKEYS:biggrin2:

i love rufus wainwright,. i actually found out about him a couple years ago because of shrek :blush-anim-cl: haha i loveed the way he sung hallaluah (did i spell that right lol). his voice is so captivating!

yea i really like 14th street, in my arms, beautiful child, cigarettes and chocolate milk, danny boy

ooh and arctic monkeys are awsome :thumb_yello:

His hallaluah was great. I am also a big fan of RBD but you guys have probably not heard of them.

Thats one of the reasons I love him so much to...old school Pop/Rock with a modern flare...ver very appealing!!! (thanks Mika!)

WELL THAT LILY ALLEN KID IS IN THE US...AND SHE FLIPPED OUT ON MYSPACE...AGAIN!!!

check out her blog...she said she "spent the whole night crying about how fat she was...blah blah blah..." whatever she was probally super drunk..go on perezhilton.com he's got all the details

she also went all out on Winehouse...but I don't like her...she was a B**** TO BONO...didn't stand up for his acceptance speech...he went out of his way to intoduce himself to her and she refused to shake his hand!!! (grrrr)

:biggrin2: oh yeah...NO DOUBT...IT'S BEEN SOOO LONG!!!! I new they where gonna get back together I read all that stuff!!!":biggrin2:

come to think of it they never really broke up in the first place

I didn't hear about that Lily Allen bit, but it doesn't surprise me! She's turning out to be a nutcase. lol :bleh: And I don't like Winehouse either, though I hadn't heard about her snubbing Bono... that's pretty self-righteous.

Yeah, it makes me so mad how journalists always refer to Gwen as the "Former No Doubt singer" or the "Ex No Doubt singer." How many times does she have to say that they're not broken up for them to believe her? Grrrrr... :sneaky2: I guess once the new album and tour come around they'll start to eat their words. ;)

MIKA&RBDluvr101, I suppose you could be right. It seems a little strange how this could be a factor for Americans because Americans try to act so independent minded with everything else. To me, if the music is good, I'll listen to it!!

And I also imagine the tour will help him. If I am correct, he hasn't done an outright tour since 2004 or so... or at least I think that's right. I know that I wanted to see him when he came around back then, but didn't manage to do it in the end. I'm so glad he's doing another tour now, though, cos I've waited a long time to see him!

Are there any Rufus Wainwright fans here? I have been a huge fan of his for many years and am really looking forward to buying his record this week! I am sure it will be fantastic just like all of the rest have been.

I also found out last night that he is, indeed, going to be touring in my home state, so I am so happy about that! I got into Rufus right when my boyfriend and I began dating, so his music is special to us. We're excited at the idea of finally getting to see him perform his songs live. :)

So anyone else? Favorite record? Or favorite song? Discuss!

I must say I adore 14th Street!

i love him :wub2:

I love Rufus Wainwright SO much, ever since an online friend of mine reccommended him to me about a year ago. My favorite song is Go or Go Ahead, but the entirety of the Want One album is amazing. :thumb_yello:

I LOVE Rufus :biggrin2: I don't know all of his sings though. The new album is pretty good, I have to get used to it yet, but my favorite album has to be the Want 2 one. I've been soooo into La Complainte De La Butte these days. Mika should sing songs in French too, it would be so lovely :wub2:

Oh, and I love Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen too hehe:naughty:

I love rufus he's amazing, he did a good interview on johnathan ross on friday too. Hallelujah is one of my fave songs but now when i listen to it kinda reminds me of shriek!!!

I love rufus he's amazing, he did a good interview on johnathan ross on friday too. Hallelujah is one of my fave songs but now when i listen to it kinda reminds me of shriek!!!

Yes yes! Hallelujah is also one of my favorite songs, but Jeff Buckley's version. :wub2:

I didn't hear about that Lily Allen bit, but it doesn't surprise me! She's turning out to be a nutcase. lol :bleh: And I don't like Winehouse either, though I hadn't heard about her snubbing Bono... that's pretty self-righteous.

Yeah, it makes me so mad how journalists always refer to Gwen as the "Former No Doubt singer" or the "Ex No Doubt singer." How many times does she have to say that they're not broken up for them to believe her? Grrrrr... :sneaky2: I guess once the new album and tour come around they'll start to eat their words. ;)

MIKA&RBDluvr101, I suppose you could be right. It seems a little strange how this could be a factor for Americans because Americans try to act so independent minded with everything else. To me, if the music is good, I'll listen to it!!

And I also imagine the tour will help him. If I am correct, he hasn't done an outright tour since 2004 or so... or at least I think that's right. I know that I wanted to see him when he came around back then, but didn't manage to do it in the end. I'm so glad he's doing another tour now, though, cos I've waited a long time to see him!

I'M SO EXCITED!!! HOPEFULLY GWEN WILL RETURN TO HER TRUE ROCK AND ROLL ROOTS!!!:thumb_yello:

why thank u

that whole album is great...just as gud as the first....know one knows who they are here in the states...its a real shame!

i bet! i liked "whatever people say i am, thats what im not" and i really want to get their new cd... ill have to go out this weekend! yea i know same here, not many people know of them! about two of my friends do, but their not big fans :thumbdown:

oh well their loss :biggrin2:

i bet! i liked "whatever people say i am, thats what im not" and i really want to get their new cd... ill have to go out this weekend! yea i know same here, not many people know of them! about two of my friends do, but their not big fans :thumbdown:

oh well their loss :biggrin2:

their loss indend!!!

THE SECOND ALBUM IS SOOO GUD!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

I don't really like Amy Winehouse because she hasn't been too good to her fans from what I hear. I have heard numerous stories about her cancelling shows because of how drunk she was. And someone on here even posted that Amy went out on stage, threw up, and left. That's just not cool to me...

CartoonKellyGreen - Gwen's already going back to her roots. Her recent tour is sooo much more like a No Doubt show than her last one! I am going to see her June 4th and 8th...I am so excited, especially since it's the Gwen I love the best. :)

And yeah, Rufus' cd came out today! I am going to get it tomorrow, because I was going to have to drive far to get it and I was just too tired after work. :( I can't wait...I'm so eager to hear it. :)

I don't really like Amy Winehouse because she hasn't been too good to her fans from what I hear. I have heard numerous stories about her cancelling shows because of how drunk she was. And someone on here even posted that Amy went out on stage, threw up, and left. That's just not cool to me...

CartoonKellyGreen - Gwen's already going back to her roots. Her recent tour is sooo much more like a No Doubt show than her last one! I am going to see her June 4th and 8th...I am so excited, especially since it's the Gwen I love the best. :)

And yeah, Rufus' cd came out today! I am going to get it tomorrow, because I was going to have to drive far to get it and I was just too tired after work. :( I can't wait...I'm so eager to hear it. :)

Yeah, that's definitely not cool. If she keeps going on that path, she won't have any fans, or a career anymore. What a waste of talent...

OH THANK GOD!!! I love Gwen, okay, and I loved "Love, Angel Music, Baby"....but I did not like the "Sweet Escape"...

but it's okay...it happens to every artist...:bleh:

OMG i'm so excited about the whole No Doubt thing (by the way what are your favorite No Doubt songs...albums ect):biggrin2: :biggrin2:

i'm gonna try and get tickets for any of her New York shows (i'll have to check ticket master)

and those Winhouse rumors you heard are true...i've even heard she has shown up to gigs wasted...:thumbdown:

I really like Rufus Wainwright. I don't actually own any of his albums but if his song is on the radio (which they really don't play here) or his video's come on, I don't change the station. His songs are amazing and his voice is different. I hate turning on the radio and hearing the same sound on all the stations. One day I almost threw my stereo faceplate out the car window because on 3 out of 4 stations, they were playing Coldplay (I'm sorry, I'm not a fan, all their songs sound the same to me)!!!! I try to give the radio stations a chance and then they blow it by doing this!!!:sneaky2:

Okay, sorry, that was an uncalled for rant. *whew* I feel better..

Now, back on topic....Rufus is great!!!

CartoonKellyGreen, out of the two I liked LAMB better, but you have to admit that TSE had some gems. Four In the Morning and Don't Get It Twisted are awesome...and I love it that Tony Kanal worked on those tracks with her. :)

Good luck on getting Gwen tix! My boyfriend got me us front row at her show in Omaha and I got me and my sister 4th row for her Chicago show! I cannot wait....it's just about all I can think about...lol

My alltime favorite ND songs would be a tie between Sunday Morning and Bathwater. I could listen to those two songs for the rest of my life and I'd be happy...LOL.. As for my favorite album, I have always love Tragic Kingdom. I've been a fan since it came out which was, what, 10 years ago? Yikes, makes me sound old... I also loooovee Return of Saturn..,mostly because Gwen completely poured her emotions out on that record and I love that about her.

Yeah, Amy Winehouse stinks. That's what I've decided. LOL ;)

Becks, I am much the same. I get really tired of what radio stations play!

OH THANK GOD!!! I love Gwen, okay, and I loved "Love, Angel Music, Baby"....but I did not like the "Sweet Escape"...

but it's okay...it happens to every artist...:bleh:

OMG i'm so excited about the whole No Doubt thing (by the way what are your favorite No Doubt songs...albums ect):biggrin2: :biggrin2:

None because, truthfully I hate No Doubt. And having a bad album does NOT happen to every artist.