YES! I love them! Alex Turner's accent is verrrrry thick, you're right. It's a Yorkshire accent, I believe. :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I am really digging it....I'm getting stuck on Mardy Bum at this moment. I've listened to it like 3 times in a row now...LOL!!

And you're right, very thick accent there! But that really adds something to their sound. I love their guitar playing...and the backing vocals on I Bet You Look Good On the Dancefloor are awesome.

I guess I'm just going to have to check into their other work! LOL ;)

Mardy Bum....cute song..."Giving that slient dissappointment face the one that i can't bear so can't we laugh and joke around, rememmber cuddles in the kitchen yeah to get things off the ground"

so cute

OH...THEY HAVE ONE OF THE BEST DRUMMERS!!!! LARRY MULLEN JR. IS HUGE FAN (DRUMMER FROM U2)

the song "The View From The Afternoon" was made for him...its played towards the end of their gigs because its such a difficult drum set to play...a great drum solo!!!!

and they have 3 guitars going at once...interesting sound...the rifts really inter mingle with each other :biggrin2:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So Mandi how was Rufus? I just found out I'm on a guest list to see a taping of one of his performances tomorrow night in a small studio. You can see some pics from his last performance here.

http://www.bravo.ca/television/rehearsalhall/

BTW Arctic Monkeys are awesome. Going to see them in 10 days.

I just heard about Rufus a few months ago, right after Release the Stars came out. Right now the only two cds I have are Want Two and Release the Stars..I can't find the other ones anywhere. :thumbdown:

I don't think I could pick a favorite CD though.

Some of my favorite songs are April Fools, Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk, Going to a Town, and Between my Legs.

i'm listening to "cigarettes and chocolate milk". i came into my rufus obsession about 2 months ago. i don't have a favorite song. there's no way i could chose. i have a mix of about 20 songs that are all my favorite. if i had to chose it would be "damned ladies", "oh what a world", "vibrate", "little sister", and "beauty mark". he is an amazing writer, and performer. and you know what...i dont care if he's gay, if i had the chance...i'd marry him.

i love rufus wainwright! i almost went to see him, but it ended up that my friend couldn't come and i couldn't find anyone else to take me...:( i really like complainte de la butte, and danny boy, and...well, i could go on. his cover of hallelujah was really good, but i like jeff buckley's better, it's...amazing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm going to his London show tonight and I'm SOOOO excited!!! I've wanted to see him live for ages. I know what you mean about not being everyones taste though. I'm dragging my bf with me tonight and he doesn't even know any of his songs.... I might make a fan out of him - who knows?!

I really want to go to the Halloween concert tomorrow too but I can't afford it :( I could barely afford to go to this one! For £40-something per ticket I'm expecting something good tonight! (And I doubt I'm gonna be disappointed)

(Oh and Gwen did the Super hot female bit at me too the other week! :roftl: hahah)