I actually don't know much about it, but that's what I thought too, that the admiration might not be mutual :teehee:

ohh, that of course changes things...:teehee:

did rufus ever say anything? i had no idea. :blink:

I was trying to find some quotes because I couldn't remember what had been said. All I came across was this, which isn't bad really, especially now that Patrick Wolf and Mika are both self-professed bisexuals. So if it was some gimmick to create mystery (and record sales) it was somewhat short-lived.

I read an article about Rufus Waiwright in the June (2007) number of Attitude Magazine and they where talking about how he right from the beginning of his career made it clear that he was gay, and here is a quote:

"I knew there where meetings going on where my sexuality was discussed.

"There was a push to make me maybe a little more mysterious or ambiguous, which is hilarious. This stuff didn't even register with me. I just thought 'I intend to get laid out of all this'. So i wanted to set up a proper parameters of stardom and to go for it."

He is very smart at placing his own story into contemporary relevance. "You see these artists today, like Mika and Patrick Wolf, and I don't know what their personal deal is, but there are a lot of questionable artists coming out. They have purposefully taken that other route to use their sexuality as a kind of question mark. I'm not blaming them for this and I do find it interesting. Sometimes I regret not playing that card myself because it seems to actually work."

then again, those type of things change, too. think about mika and the scissor sisters, they had some differences in the past (exaggerated by the media i'm sure), and last year we saw them happily together all over the place. :wink2:

Yes Mika and Patrick Wolf had a very public falling out in 2007 but then in 2009 we have this :teehee::

2s1rr84.jpg

Whenever Mika says he doesn't want to meet his idols because he will be disappointed I just always think he's talking about Rufus Wainwright. Just a hunch though, he has never actually said anything to indicate it.

Whenever Mika says he doesn't want to meet his idols because he will be disappointed I just always think he's talking about Rufus Wainwright. Just a hunch though, he has never actually said anything to indicate it.

who knows :dunno:

I don't think he would be disappointed to meet Rufus in person though. But you know, it's always like this, when you build something up in your mind and reality cannot possibly live up to your expectations. But is Mika imagining Rufus better than he is, that's the question :teehee:

So I do hope that one day they would finally meet and both be very happy about it :teehee:

who knows :dunno:

I don't think he would be disappointed to meet Rufus in person though. But you know, it's always like this, when you build something up in your mind and reality cannot possibly live up to your expectations. But is Mika imagining Rufus better than he is, that's the question :teehee:

So I do hope that one day they would finally meet and both be very happy about it :teehee:

Perhaps he's just afraid of rejection rather than finding out his idols are not living up to their artistic image. :naughty: Did you hear that story about Paul McCartney making a joke and mispronouncing his name but Mika thought he was serious? I also remember something about Mika moaning that he was expecting all these phone calls (from other celebrities) when he became famous but they didn't come. :lmfao:

Perhaps he's just afraid of rejection rather than finding out his idols are not living up to their artistic image. :naughty:

that sounds more like it...:teehee:

who the heck is patrick wolf?

(*goes to look it up...*)

He opened for Mika at Somerset House in 2007 and a day or two later sent out a MySpace bulletin telling all his friends (i.e. fans) that Mika was a twat. :teehee:

thanks for the detail...:naughty:

sounds like a very grateful person. :teehee:

He opened for Mika at Somerset House in 2007 and a day or two later sent out a MySpace bulletin telling all his friends (i.e. fans) that Mika was a twat. :teehee:

ahah, how very nice of him!

well, I remember Mika saying that all the people who worked with him can be divided in 2 categories - those who come for a very short time and can't stand the rhythm and the atmosphere that team Mika are working in, so they leave and go on talking bad things about him; and those who stay with him for ages. I suppose that Patrick clearly falls into the first group :teehe:

coming back to Rufus - well, judging by Grace Kelly lyrics and all the other stuff he's said, Mika is happy to do his own thing and doesn't want to be bent by anyone's opinion, I guess he wouldn't do anything just to make a good impression and make Rufus like him :dunno: so if he's self-confident enough he shouldn't be afraid or shy.

It's hard to judge though. Here in Russia we have a saying "Another's soul is darkness" meaning that you can almost never say what another person is really thinking. :teehee:

ahah, how very nice of him!

coming back to Rufus - well, judging by Grace Kelly lyrics and all the other stuff he's said, Mika is happy to do his own thing and doesn't want to be bent by anyone's opinion, I guess he wouldn't do anything just to make a good impression and make Rufus like him :dunno: so if he's self-confident enough he shouldn't be afraid or shy.

i don't really think rufus has something against mika, most likely mika just isn't much on his radar (like for most of the US).

so to me, mika not going to see rufus in london would just show that he isn't as much of a fan a he may make it seem. i think we've had that kind of discussion before - does mika really like all the artists he throws out there, or does he just mention some to look good? :dunno:

but then again, it's not a big deal, obviously there could be a thousand other reasons why he may not go to see him, and at the same time it may just happen and would be fun for us to watch (if we even found out obviously)...:teehee:

i think we've had that kind of discussion before - does mika really like all the artists he throws out there, or does he just mention some to look good? :dunno:

well obviously he's listening to a lot of music but there must be some artists he genuinely likes! I really hope Rufus is one of them :teehee:

not sure I got that right :teehee:

did they use a surrogate mother to bear a child to be raised by Rufus and Jorn?

If so, then I'm really so happy for them :wub2:

well, that would be easy - but it seems more complex than that.

the surrogate mother is none other than leonard cohen's daughter, and the child has her last name - which looks like she's going to be very involved in the child's life...

so i'm wondering who's going to raise the child, rufus and jorn, or lorca, or all three?

definitely an interesting concept, i wouldn't be surprised if they were to break all norms and really raise her as a threesome...

again, none of my business, but i can't help wondering..:teehee:

what i find pretty cool is that it answers a question i've been pondering (in my spare time :naughty:): since i've expected rufus to become a dad soon (based on some interviews last year), i have been wondering if they were going to use rufus or jorn as biological dad... i guess that mystery has been solved! :thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

definitely an interesting concept, i wouldn't be surprised if they were to break all norms and really raise her as a threesome...

again, none of my business, but i can't help wondering..:teehee:

what i find pretty cool is that it answers a question i've been pondering (in my spare time :naughty:): since i've expected rufus to become a dad soon (based on some interviews last year), i have been wondering if they were going to use rufus or jorn as biological dad... i guess that mystery has been solved! :thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

wow, yes, that is much more complex than I could have thought :aah: and do you know why they asked Cohen's daughter particularly to be the mother of the baby? are they big friends with Rufus or what? because, you know, it's not a kind of favour you would do to someone you barely know.

Or maybe this Lorca has also got a same-sex partner and they've wanted to have a child.. so the two homosexual couples sort of had the matters solved this way :biggrin2:

wow, yes, that is much more complex than I could have thought :aah: and do you know why they asked Cohen's daughter particularly to be the mother of the baby? are they big friends with Rufus or what? because, you know, it's not a kind of favour you would do to someone you barely know.

Or maybe this Lorca has also got a same-sex partner and they've wanted to have a child.. so the two homosexual couples sort of had the matters solved this way :biggrin2:

yeah, i think they're really good and old friends.

the wording's just so...interesting: proud parents Lorca Cohen, Rufus Wainwright and Deputy Dad Jorn Weisbrodt...

anyways, i'm starting to get excited to think that rufus actually really has procreated and there's his child - that's pretty cool for the future...:biggrin2:

also, it seems like mother and daughter are based in LA, which adds a lot more meaning to what he told me in november about california: i practically live here now...:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

(i'm not in LA but some of the benefits are already starting to rub off - next week he'll be in SF for a movie premiere...:blush-anim-cl:)

(i'm not in LA but some of the benefits are already starting to rub off - next week he'll be in SF for a movie premiere...:blush-anim-cl:)

you're lucky! I missed his concert in Finland last year (I even had a ticket but couldn't go) and it was the only one I could even possibly attend then :sad: now I keep wondering whether he's going somewhere any time soon, apart from RAH :mf_rosetinted:

you're lucky! I missed his concert in Finland last year (I even had a ticket but couldn't go) and it was the only one I could even possibly attend then :sad: now I keep wondering whether he's going somewhere any time soon, apart from RAH :mf_rosetinted:

well, he seems to be working on new material, so maybe next year?

i still don't have a ticket for that movie premiere...he's only going to do about 2 songs at the most, so i might pass because it's kind of a hassle for me...

on the other hand i LOVE hearing him live, of course even just one song would be worth it to me. besides the fact that i'm going to kill myself on the day of, if i'm not going...:aah: i really need to figure it out soon.

but it is a good example how rufus might drift up north every now and then, if he's going to be in LA more often now...:teehee:

i still don't have a ticket for that movie premiere...he's only going to do about 2 songs at the most, so i might pass because it's kind of a hassle for me...

on the other hand i LOVE hearing him live, of course even just one song would be worth it to me. besides the fact that i'm going to kill myself on the day of, if i'm not going...:aah: i really need to figure it out soon.

I hope you manage to get there :wink2: good luck with it!

I absolutely agree, even one or two songs could make your day (or week, or month :teehee: )... it's a shame I live on the other side of the planet :aah:

I hope you manage to get there :wink2: good luck with it!

I absolutely agree, even one or two songs could make your day (or week, or month :teehee: )... it's a shame I live on the other side of the planet :aah:

that's exactly how i felt when mika spread his concert extravaganza all over europe last year! :sneaky2:

Do you know when his next album is out?

i don't think anybody knows yet, but he's premiering a new song in LA next week. and he's also working with mark ronson, so it doesn't sound like he's taking a huge baby break...:naughty:

well, maybe he will, but something's in the works for sure. :wink2: