Love the new video feat Helena Bonham Carter :biggrin2:

:thumb_yello: I just came here to post this - you beat me :biggrin2: it's hilarious! Love it - so funny and smart... Rufus as the drunk Gena Rowlands type is a riot! And his strung out guy is hot lol :naughty:

• 1 month later...
Rufus' new album is FANTASTIC I really recommend it. It's a little more poppy than a lot of his other albums, and produced by Mark Ronson who is a genius. Bitter Tears is my favorite! I'm seeing him live on June 30th for the second time :D

yayy, good for you!

i just saw him last night. what a great experience, this tour is really fun! and he sings ALL songs of the new album so you will like that. :wink2:

it's starting to sink in for me right now that this highly anticipated date has actually passed so i'm getting a tiny bit sad, especially since i have no other rufus show on the horizon...:teehee:

Rufus' new album is FANTASTIC I really recommend it. It's a little more poppy than a lot of his other albums, and produced by Mark Ronson who is a genius. Bitter Tears is my favorite! I'm seeing him live on June 30th for the second time :D

I'm seeing him July 24 for the first time -- it seems that every time he comes

to the DC area I've been out of town or had other plans... Love Bitter Tears

also -- really enjoying the new album, can't wait to see him live!:thumb_yello:

• 2 months later...
I'm seeing him July 24 for the first time -- it seems that every time he comes

to the DC area I've been out of town or had other plans... Love Bitter Tears

also -- really enjoying the new album, can't wait to see him live!:thumb_yello:

Tonight's the night! Finally going to see Rufus -- here's the venue:

296446_10150277306605448_852964319_n.jpg

I'm sitting under the covered part, only a few rows back from the stage,

which I think is a good thing, since it looks like rain. :teehee:

Can't wait!

Tonight's the night! Finally going to see Rufus -- here's the venue:

296446_10150277306605448_852964319_n.jpg

I'm sitting under the covered part, only a few rows back from the stage,

which I think is a good thing, since it looks like rain. :teehee:

Can't wait!

Enjoy Deb! Saw him about a month ago and adored it... Might go back in the fall :)

You're going to loooove him. :wub2: Too bad about the rain, it's such a perfect night here. Good thing you're under cover though. :wink2:

We dodged the rain bullet. :thumb_yello:

And you're right, I absolutely LOVED him! He was amazing! That voice! It

was every bit as deep and rich and emotive as it is on a recording --

he was just flawless, really. And funny! He had such a great stage

presence, the time just flew. My friend had not really heard much about

him except Hallelujah, and she is a new fan -- she couldn't stop taking

photos. :naughty: I can't wait until I see hers, but in the meantime, here's

one from the venue's Facebook page:

376280_10150924595760448_261490245_n.jpg

He actually was on David Letterman Monday night and was wearing the

same thing. :teehee:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to see him last night, just wow. :wub2:

His voice is even better live than recorded :shocked: Purely brilliant. Opening acts (Krystale Warren (?) and Adam Cohen) were almost as good. I met Adam afterwards and he was really nice. The audience were great and Rufus was lovely. He wore what he called his 'Rupert Bear pants', and he was right :aah: ("Rupert Bear was my first sexual awakening... Nice ass, bear. That's sick, I know. But c'mon, I was a kid, all kids are sick." :teehee:)

(The bizarre scene at the end for Gay Messiah was slightly questionable though, with Cupid outfits and Greek togas and a giant singing foam panini. :lmfao: I love the song, and the organised stage invasion was a great idea, but it could maybe have been done in better taste :teehee: Wait... the whole crazy, slightly immature costume thing seems strangely familiar. :mf_rosetinted:)

WONDERFUL. :swoon:

Went to see him last night, just wow. :wub2:

His voice is even better live than recorded :shocked: Purely brilliant. Opening acts (Krystale Warren (?) and Adam Cohen) were almost as good. I met Adam afterwards and he was really nice.

Ooh! Did you get a picture with him, too?

(The bizarre scene at the end for Gay Messiah was slightly questionable though, with Cupid outfits and Greek togas and a giant singing foam panini. :lmfao: I love the song, and the organised stage invasion was a great idea, but it could maybe have been done in better taste :teehee: Wait... the whole crazy, slightly immature costume thing seems strangely familiar. :mf_rosetinted:)

Don't you just hate it when artists do silly things like this! What's next? Someone dressing up their band in animal costumes? :mf_rosetinted:

Ooh! Did you get a picture with him, too?

Don't you just hate it when artists do silly things like this! What's next? Someone dressing up their band in animal costumes? :mf_rosetinted:

Yes! :excite: I was shaking and all nervous for some reason, I planned what I was supposed to say, but he asked me how I was and I was like THAT ISN'T IN THE SCRIPT and panicked and said something like "your show was greaashfnlg." :mf_rosetinted:

Exactly, what IS this sacred performance art coming to? :mf_rosetinted:

Yes! :excite: I was shaking and all nervous for some reason, I planned what I was supposed to say, but he asked me how I was and I was like THAT ISN'T IN THE SCRIPT and panicked and said something like "your show was greaashfnlg." :mf_rosetinted:

Exactly, what IS this sacred performance art coming to? :mf_rosetinted:

How dare he say something that's not in the script?! :sneaky2::naughty:

He sounds very nice though. Glad you got to meet him! :thumb_yello:

Ugh, tell me about it. :mf_rosetinted:

• 3 months later...

it's been forever since I've checked in on the Rufus thread here... there's a bunch of unique tour dates popping up here and there... plus Rufus' big 4 0 is this year too!! :naughty:

He will be celebrating in Madrid at the Opera House :thumb_yello: Anyone on here from Spain (or elsewhere) planning on attending to celebrate?

it's been forever since I've checked in on the Rufus thread here... there's a bunch of unique tour dates popping up here and there... plus Rufus' big 4 0 is this year too!! :naughty:

He will be celebrating in Madrid at the Opera House :thumb_yello: Anyone on here from Spain (or elsewhere) planning on attending to celebrate?

I wish. Saw Rufus at Wolftrap last summer. He was just fabulous. :wub2:

Missed him at the 9:30 Club a couple weeks ago -- Would it be too much to ask for him to come back again this summer, three times in one year? :teehee:

I wish. Saw Rufus at Wolftrap last summer. He was just fabulous. :wub2:

Missed him at the 9:30 Club a couple weeks ago -- Would it be too much to ask for him to come back again this summer, three times in one year? :teehee:

Yeah - I was at those shows; had never been to Wolftrap - a beautiful setting for a Rufus concert! And new and different kinds of shows are turning up - it's not outside of the realm of possibilities that he'll come back around to DC before the year is up :wink2:

He is coming to Philadelphia April 21st - a 2 Act performance with an orchestra (Stephen Oremus conducting :wub2:). The first part will be excerpts performed from Prima Donna by soloists from the last production of the opera... the 2nd part Rufus will be doing excerpts from the Judy show! :clap:

Here's the link with info - it's a Sunday too which is nice!

Rufus in Philly

Yeah - I was at those shows; had never been to Wolftrap - a beautiful setting for a Rufus concert! And new and different kinds of shows are turning up - it's not outside of the realm of possibilities that he'll come back around to DC before the year is up :wink2:

He is coming to Philadelphia April 21st - a 2 Act performance with an orchestra (Stephen Oremus conducting :wub2:). The first part will be excerpts performed from Prima Donna by soloists from the last production of the opera... the 2nd part Rufus will be doing excerpts from the Judy show! :clap:

Here's the link with info - it's a Sunday too which is nice!

Rufus in Philly

I love Wolf Trap, and every time I go I think, "Why don't I come here more often?" :doh: (It's about 5 minutes from my house.) I thought it was a great venue for Rufus, I was just upset that people actually LEFT before the show was over. :shocked:

Oh, how I would love to see him do "Get Happy" in person! And would love to hear some of Prima Donna, as well... Hmm... April 21, eh? It's a little soon after MIKA WEEK, but it definitely deserves some thought. Thanks for the heads up! :thumb_yello:

I want another Songs for Lulu tour. I just loved it.

Really? That's so nice to hear someone say that! A lot of people didn't embrace the Lulu tour but I thought it was gorgeous (admittedly I'm rather biased though :naughty:) The beginning of the Lulu tour was tough - it took him a few shows to get the challenging piano parts to The Dream down... and the second half with Kate's Walking Song was utterly gut-wrenching - the first few shows of the tour, tears were streaming down his face during that song - it was hard to witness. Felt like I'd been run over by a truck after those shows. But he got better as the tour went on. I wouldn't mind seeing it again myself now! :thumb_yello:

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Last Sunday Rufus was a guest at Italian TV

Here are his performance + interview, really worth watching

(Les Feux D'Artifice  + interview + Jericho)

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-ec369d61-1ca9-445b-9d5f-7cba1c59c85e.html

http://creativemedia3.rai.it/podcastcdn/raitre/chetempochefa/Chetempochefa_EP_Puntate/4665206_1800.mp4