Is it MIKA!!!!!

natie

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

id like to know, but i dont wanna press, it seems like its about his family life, after all he is "stuck in the middle" he is the middle child and theres the line "are 5 kids better than one"

Stuck in the middle sounds strange...not also 'cause it's a demo...maybe it's played a little bit higher? I've found that some "acutes" perhaps were sang with some difficoulty...

...Instead, I love this version of "my interpretation"...better than original...expecially for the drum and the choirs :biggrin2:

does anybody know why he wrote stuck in the middle? i'm very curious!:wink2:

Well I've always thought that it meant:

stuck in the middle of the familly + stuck between childhood and the adult world he's entering: he says the whole album is to talk about this transition and most of the time, he mentions that song. Maybe I miss something but I don't see a secret anywere. You'll tell me if I missed something, ok?

I would say that the feeling of being stuck in the middle is to feel ready to live your life as an adult while your parents (and especially your caring mum) don't feel ready to let you go because they can't accept you're not a kid anymore.

It's a moment when you think a lot and when you either feel angry against them because they don't help you in the frightening process, and in the same time you love them all the more because you know they feel hoplessly abandonned. You still need their support but in the same time you want to learn to do without it and you realize what is good for you is bad for them.

Well I've always thought that it meant:

stuck in the middle of the familly + stuck between childhood and the adult world he's entering: he says the whole album is to talk about this transition and most of the time, he mentions that song. Maybe I miss something but I don't see a secret anywere. You'll tell me if I missed something, ok?

I would say that the feeling of being stuck in the middle is to feel ready to live your life as an adult while your parents (and especially your caring mum) don't feel ready to let you go because they can't accept you're not a kid anymore.

It's a moment when you think a lot and when you either feel angry against them because they don't help you in the frightening process, and in the same time you love them all the more because you know they feel hoplessly abandonned. You still need their support but in the same time you want to learn to do without it and you realize what is good for you is bad for them.

Yeah. I think you're right.

Beautiful thing to write a song about. And it explains why he don't want to tell were the song about is.

(oh my. BAD english)

I like the end of the demo song.:bleh:

That's a good reading of it.

Depending on your interpretation, there IS also a bit of a secret in the second part of the lyrics, but there doesn't have to be.

But yes, it's obvioulsy about going a somewhat difficult time with your family, and no one wants to talk about that to the media.

--Jack