Feels like I'm not allowed to like him!

Queenie87

Do you ever get people questioning you about liking Mika? I feel like alot of people dictate whether I should like him or not when it's not even any of their buisness! Someone said he can't sing and his writing skills are nothing special and I said that it was their opinion but the person wouldn't let it drop.

Sorry for ranting but it drives me crazy sometimes :blowup:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you ever get people questioning you about liking Mika? I feel like alot of people dictate whether I should like him or not when it's not even any of their buisness! Someone said he can't sing and his writing skills are nothing special and I said that it was their opinion but the person wouldn't let it drop.

Sorry for ranting but it drives me crazy sometimes :blowup:

totally understand. vast majority of my friends at work hate him and they always say bad stuff about it. It drives me BLOODY NUTS! Its like ARGH - KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF!

I respect others opinion and they have to respect mine.

It's okay that other people don't like someone, but it doesn't give them the right to talk S*** about others, when they don't know the person insted of the artist.

I like mika, many of my friends don't, but the are okay with the fact that I do.. so I guess I'm lucky:biggrin2:

they shouldn't make u feel like changing your opinion, at the end of the day it's about what u think of mika for yourself not others (it's not our fault their music taste suck :naughty: hehe jokes) at least u got this site to talk about him loads and loads

Hey I dont think they are okay or ever heard quality music.

Many of my friends even BOYS think that Mika is great!

But those who dont like Him...I just piss them off...you should do the same!They have no ear or whattt?Crazy world! :D

Mika rules and he is a great singer and everything...I just go and kung-fu everyone who says something bad at me coz I like Him, or at Him......but I think these guys should keep their opinion for themselves.Its okay if they say they dont like Him..But poking ,or being unfair with you coz you like Him....

Thats terrible..and drives me crazy.I could even fight and go agressive altough I am not often like that.But I just hate pokers.Or..you know...people like that....

I dunno if you could understand me coz it wasnt so clear...haha but nevermind...thats it! :Dxx

Lots of my friends didn't like him and called him 'gay' and other names I won't mention. They actually refused to listen to him for those reasons! Now they love him and some are even going to his concert, driving 14 hours 'cause the Chicago one was sold out! Now, I always tell them 'I told you so'

As far as other people, 'indie' and 'punk' people love to make fun of Mika and look down on the people who like him. I sometimes go on the Fratellis forum and those people are absolutely horrible about Mika, and they don't even have a good reason except that Mika is different.

yeap.

its really irritating when people say he doesnt sing....or says he doesnt sing LIVE -.- or watsoever

so......i tell them the same thing......i talk **** about their favorite singers too XDDD

and it always seem that i win hahahahaha

Well, to be honest I don't give a s*** if other people don't like him.

I LOVE HIM and that's all that matters to me.:mf_rosetinted:

It's normal that people have different opinions, just imagine how dull the world would be if we all agreed about everything.

But OK there is something that makes me so mad, that I could just rip everyone's heads off. What I really hate is when some people say that he's not a good singer and song writer. What the hell? :shocked: Are they deaf or something. Or they just suffer from serious lack of musical ear. Or maybe they're just stupid. I don't know, but to say something like there must be something wrong with them.

One of my friends was like "ohhh - he's soooo gayy!!!"

What about Elton John? Or Westlife? They're gay too!

But I don't care what my mates think!

One of my friends was like "ohhh - he's soooo gayy!!!"

What about Elton John? Or Westlife? They're gay too!

But I don't care what my mates think!

I know!!! What's "GAAAAY" got to do with it?!?!

IMMATURE BRATS! SHOOT THE LOT!

hahaha

Someone said he can't sing and his writing skills are nothing special and I said that it was their opinion but the person wouldn't let it drop.

SHOOT THEMMMMMM >xO

LOL, no, not really, but when someone goes on and on about how they dislike something you really like, it's very, very annoying. It's fine to have an opinion and everything, but gaaaaahhhhh...

I sometimes go on the Fratellis forum and those people are absolutely horrible about Mika, and they don't even have a good reason except that Mika is different.

The people on the Patrick Wolf forum seem to hate Mika too... D= and on the Last.fm page for the Mika concert at Somerset House, someone was all like, "WTF is Patrick Wolf doing supporting Mika?? Patrick Wolf actually has talent!"

Baaaaahhhhhh... :thumbdown:

I know!!! What's "GAAAAY" got to do with it?!?!

IMMATURE BRATS! SHOOT THE LOT!

hahaha

I have Mika's picture on my phone as a background and when I opened the phone the other day one of my friends was like: " Oh, he's so gay! " I didn't say anything back because I really wasn't in the mood to fight and above all it's stupid to fight about something like that.

In my personal opinon men are just jealous because Mika is really super cute and I think that most of them envy him his hair. Seriously.:biggrin2:

I have Mika's picture on my phone as a background and when I opened the phone the other day one of my friends was like: " Oh, he's so gay! " I didn't say anything back because I really wasn't in the mood to fight and above all it's stupid to fight about something like that.

In my personal opinon men are just jealous because Mika is really super cute and I think that most of them envy him his hair. Seriously.:biggrin2:

I know exactly what you mean. A friend of mine made fun of me for having a pic of Mika on my phone and I actually snapped!!! She called him gay (of course. come up with another insult, please) and I said (being pretty drunk at the time, as it was my birthday) "Don't talk sh*t about what you don't know and what does it matter anyway? It's not like I'm marrying the guy (although....jk). What does his sexuality have to do with his music?"

Needless to say, my friends left me alone. I just roll my eyes and ignore them now. If you don't like his music, fine, but don't call him names. The guy isn't even there to defend himself. Get over it!!

I know exactly what you mean. A friend of mine made fun of me for having a pic of Mika on my phone and I actually snapped!!! She called him gay (of course. come up with another insult, please) and I said (being pretty drunk at the time, as it was my birthday) "Don't talk sh*t about what you don't know and what does it matter anyway? It's not like I'm marrying the guy (although....jk). What does his sexuality have to do with his music?"

Needless to say, my friends left me alone. I just roll my eyes and ignore them now. If you don't like his music, fine, but don't call him names. The guy isn't even there to defend himself. Get over it!!

Exactly! People are stupid to care about his sexuality and not his music. Actually I feel sorry for them in a way, cause they're so narrow minded and they just can pass the borders in their heads. This is sad.

It's one thing not to like the type of music he makes but it's other to hate (!!) or dislike him because of the way he looks or acts.

I'm sorry to say this but I really despise people who are so blinded.

Exactly! People are stupid to care about his sexuality and not his music. Actually I feel sorry for them in a way, cause they're so narrow minded and they just can pass the borders in their heads. This is sad.

It's one thing not to like the type of music he makes but it's other to hate (!!) or dislike him because of the way he looks or acts.

I'm sorry to say this but I really despise people who are so blinded.

I KNOW!!!! The friend of mine who made the comment has gay and lesbian friends!!! How f*cked up is that?

The only song they've heard by Mika is Grace Kelly and they won't even listen to his other songs. Maybe I'll have to play his cd and not tell them and then when they aren't being so completely, rediculously, ignorantly biased they may actually like his music.

only 3 of my friends like mika... there are so many stupid people who "hate" mika because of his "childish behaviour" or his clothes. yesterday i had an argument with a very stupid boy who doesn't believe mika's story (the reason he became famous with grace kelly)... he's of the opinion that mika is a fake :roftl: i don't care :biggrin2: just love his music!!!

(sorry for my bad english ^^)

Lots of my friends didn't like him and called him 'gay' and other names I won't mention. They actually refused to listen to him for those reasons! Now they love him and some are even going to his concert, driving 14 hours 'cause the Chicago one was sold out! Now, I always tell them 'I told you so'

As far as other people, 'indie' and 'punk' people love to make fun of Mika and look down on the people who like him. I sometimes go on the Fratellis forum and those people are absolutely horrible about Mika, and they don't even have a good reason except that Mika is different.

i hate poeple that dont like people fo rbeing different! ugh its so anoying, no ones asking you to like him but you shouldnt trash him!

I KNOW!!!! The friend of mine who made the comment has gay and lesbian friends!!! How f*cked up is that?

The only song they've heard by Mika is Grace Kelly and they won't even listen to his other songs. Maybe I'll have to play his cd and not tell them and then when they aren't being so completely, rediculously, ignorantly biased they may actually like his music.

I'm really shocked to hear that they won't listen to his songs just because he's allegedly gay or just because he may look so.

How can people be like that? How can they detest someone just for being different??!

I will never understand it.

ive never heard comments like that about him that were so mean butive had his music is stupid his voice is to high, he uses his falsetto to much

omg annabelle i love your avatar, where did you get that picture.

O thank you.:blush-anim-cl:

If I'm not wrong I think that I found this picture in Mika's pictures thread. But I'm not sure, cause I see so many pictures of him everyday and it can be a bit confusing.