this is where we live... the map thread

cath85

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I posted where I live on page 1, but since I'm the only iranian (I think :blink: ) in MFC - feel that it is my responsibility to show you where I'm originally from (I have to say I'm very proud of my culture :blush-anim-cl: )

So, never been there myself LOL but anyhow: the star, is the capital (Tehran) and my mums hometown.

Iran-map.jpg

EDIT: Sorry about the size

I definitely know what you mean. Everyone knows everyone else's business!

Exaclty ^^ And there are so many prejudices here too. Because there are like five villages around here, and there are stereotypes for all of them ^^

But it's good to know what everyone is up to, I like gossip and knowing things about people ^^

Exaclty ^^ And there are so many prejudices here too. Because there are like five villages around here, and there are stereotypes for all of them ^^

But it's good to know what everyone is up to, I like gossip and knowing things about people ^^

I was just talking to someone in another thread about how my town is so small, there is hardly any diversity which leads to prejudice people. I don't think they're like that on purpose, it's just that when you've lived like that all your life, I think it's something you don't realize you're doing.

About the gossip, my mom works at the town hall, where people pay their bills and complain, lol. Anyway, she gets ALL the gossip, people just come in and tell her stuff, it's sometimes very helpful, lol.

canada is so huge! lol I have always been wondering: saskatchewan, does this name have indian origins?

It sure does. Saskatchewan is actually Cree for "swift flowing river" which makes sense since the Saskatchewan river branches and flows through Prince Albert (my hometown) and Saskatoon right into to Alberta, our neighboring province.:biggrin2:

I was just talking to someone in another thread about how my town is so small, there is hardly any diversity which leads to prejudice people. I don't think they're like that on purpose, it's just that when you've lived like that all your life, I think it's something you don't realize you're doing.

About the gossip, my mom works at the town hall, where people pay their bills and complain, lol. Anyway, she gets ALL the gossip, people just come in and tell her stuff, it's sometimes very helpful, lol.

It wouldn't be so many prejudices here if not all the kids from 13 went to the same school. Before that everyone was with the people from their own tiny village. Then they get divided and mixed with pupils from the other villages, of course the prejudices begins ^^

I'd love to be the gossip lady! ^^ And I would be polite and complain with the people too, but then I would tell my friends about it ^^ Not very nice, but it would be quite fun. :biggrin2:

It sure does. Saskatchewan is actually Cree for "swift flowing river" which makes sense since the Saskatchewan river branches and flows through Prince Albert (my hometown) and Saskatoon right into to Alberta, our neighboring province.:biggrin2:

it's quite poetic! it's cool if the places have names that mean something! my village has a strange name and noone knows where it comes from...

I'd love to be the gossip lady! ^^ And I would be polite and complain with the people too, but then I would tell my friends about it ^^ Not very nice, but it would be quite fun.

I love gossip! it's so much fun finding out stuff about people and telling everyone :naughty:

it's quite poetic! it's cool if the places have names that mean something! my village has a strange name and noone knows where it comes from...

My hometown, Prince Albert was named after Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, Queen Victoria's husband.

Saskatoon, however, was named after a berry....not very poetic!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Saskatoon berries are really tasty. They are similar to a blueberry but are darker and grow everywhere. It's fun to go hiking here....there's "snacks" all along the trails!!!:biggrin2::roftl::biggrin2:

My hometown, Prince Albert was named after Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, Queen Victoria's husband.

Saskatoon, however, was named after a berry....not very poetic!!! :roftl: :roftl:

Saskatoon berries are really tasty. They are similar to a blueberry but are darker and grow everywhere. It's fun to go hiking here....there's "snacks" all along the trails!!!:biggrin2::roftl::biggrin2:

it's fun though to name a city after a berry :roftl: I love watching maps and imagining where all the names come from! especially in America. because there it's easier to find out where they come from!

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH]2324[/ATTACH]

So.. this is where I live.. Turkey!! Great place to spend your holidays! Hope you can visit someday..

Oh, Turkey! Loce Turkey! Never been there but it seems like a lovely place. My favourite author is turkish :biggrin2:

estonia.gif

wooooooo Estonia:punk:

wooo! it's close to us!!

but seriously when you search for Estonia on google (which I've done many times, I did a paper on Estonia after the independence), you fall in love with the place.

ooooh! Italy :blush-anim-cl: I have to say, during a great part of the year I'm extremly jealous at your weather! :bleh:

i know!! but not now ...we passed from almost 40 degrees :thumbdown: last week to less than 20 now...and it has been raining the whole day! :shocked::sneaky2:

but in sweden you've got snow!!! i love snow!:biggrin2:

i know!! but not now ...we passed from almost 40 degrees :thumbdown: last week to less than 20 now...and it has been raining the whole day! :shocked:

but in sweden you've got snow!!! i love snow!:biggrin2:

Oh :shocked:

like I said, a greater part of the year, but not the summer. I would probably melt in 40 degrees.

We had up to 19 degrees today :biggrin2: yay

snow?? :sneaky2: you like snow...? :blink: why??

wooo! it's close to us!!

but seriously when you search for Estonia on google (which I've done many times, I did a paper on Estonia after the independence), you fall in love with the place.

yup yup close to you ^^

I love my country:punk:

Oh :shocked:

like I said, a greater part of the year, but not the summer. I would probably melt in 40 degrees.

We had up to 19 degrees today :biggrin2: yay

snow?? :sneaky2: you like snow...? :blink: why??

i like snow cos it's fluffy,white and it convey me peacefulness :wub2: why you don't like it?

yup yup close to you ^^

I love my country:punk:

good you're proud of your country!!

I am too, but not of the coutry I live in.

i like snow cos it's fluffy,white and it convey me peacefulness :wub2: why you don't like it?

fluffy - sure, it's nice, and cute for a while, but then it's just COLD!

and it hurts when it's windy, like needles in your face. and it's usually combined with very cold tempreture, like when your outside, and every breath you take, it feels like the inside of your nose and all the way to your lungs get frozen. and you can't feel your fingers or toes, and it's so cold that you get tears in your eyes but then your eyelashes stick together because the tears freezes, and everything is just cold and baaad

does that sound nice??

lol :roftl:

fluffy - sure, it's nice, and cute for a while, but then it's just COLD!

and it hurts when it's windy, like needles in your face. and it's usually combined with very cold tempreture, like when your outside, and every breath you take, it feels like the inside of your nose and all the way to your lungs get frozen. and you can't feel your fingers or toes, and it's so cold that you get tears in your eyes but then your eyelashes stick together because the tears freezes, and everything is just cold and baaad

does that sound nice??

lol :roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: ok...you have made yourself perfectly clear! but i have to say that my favourite season is winter and i like cold...so :bleh:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: ok...you have made yourself perfectly clear! but i have to say that my favourite season is winter and i like cold...so :bleh:

haha, sorry, it's not always like that but it does get that bad atleast 3 weeks a year