The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

MMMHMM giiiiirl :roftl:

OOOH! I miss the desert island thread SOOO much!

I have to say that although I went hippy like the rest of MFC in the "I respect Mika" movement, I still wish that it didn't go down the gurgler :no:

I wait for the day that someone besides Kelzy should see my MSN smuts

:biggrin2:

I don't think i did... It seemed a bit pointless when I thought that people should be respectful normally... but it doesn't seem to have changed much! :teehee:

Hi, I'm Ana, I live in Bay of Plenty NZ! :D This thread definitly caught my eye when I saw 'KIWI' ! :)

Hey there Ana!

I'm Tegan, one of the Aussies... you see some of us invading the kiwi thread occasionally... and they sometimes invade us! :das:

MMMHMM giiiiirl :roftl:

OOOH! I miss the desert island thread SOOO much!

I have to say that although I went hippy like the rest of MFC in the "I respect Mika" movement, I still wish that it didn't go down the gurgler :no:

I wait for the day that someone besides Kelzy should see my MSN smuts :das:

Um, that depends. Did/do you know your great Granddad?

Never knew him! He was dead WAYYY before my time!

He was so different from who I am though, but in some ways the same, he was a ww2 Navy officer who hated Americans and Didnt like woman wearing pants, he even called my grandma a bitch one time cos she didnt weight on him hand and foot like she was 'supposed to'

he was a product of his time I guess

But at least now I know where my love of engineering comes from! he built a plane in his living room and flew it out the window!

I was shocked cos you never expect to find any ralative even mildly attractive!

Hi, I'm Ana, I live in Bay of Plenty NZ! :D This thread definitly caught my eye when I saw 'KIWI' ! :)

WElCOME! come on in! yay bay of plenty! im the kiwi Rep! though any questions I cant answer im sure there will be people in this thread can do that job

Hi Ana, I'm Khayla, resedent burlesque wannabe and Greg obsessor :roftl:

Usually Rosinakiwi's the first to welcome newbies but seeing as I'm here, I'll just come out and say the usual: WELCOME! I hope you know we're all mad here!

Any questions or queeries don't hesitate to ask and I am (to an appropriate extent) at your service *takes off hat and bows* :biggrin2:

damn straight! thats my job...I slept in! :sneaky2:

I don't think i did... It seemed a bit pointless when I thought that people should be respectful normally... but it doesn't seem to have changed much! :teehee:

Hey there Ana!

I'm Tegan, one of the Aussies... you see some of us invading the kiwi thread occasionally... and they sometimes invade us! :das:

occasionally? admit it! your almost one of us!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

I think around the time of IRM, it became a bit taboo to write such things as the desert island writers.

It wasn't the only thing to go and by thie time it was ok again, nobody went back and it was deserted :no:

Never knew him! He was dead WAYYY before my time!

He was so different from who I am though, but in some ways the same, he was a ww2 Navy officer who hated Americans and Didnt like woman wearing pants, he even called my grandma a bitch one time cos she didnt weight on him hand and foot like she was 'supposed to'

he was a product of his time I guess

But at least now I know where my love of engineering comes from! he built a plane in his living room and flew it out the window!

I was shocked cos you never expect to find any ralative even mildly attractive!

Wow, that's really interesting! Your Great Grandpa sounds pretty cool :wink2:

Well if you didn't know him I'd say it was almost perfectly ok!

Not that I'd have a problem with it otherwise but hey! :bleh:

Pfft, bloody Aussies, just walk on in here and take one more thing for yourselves! :mf_rosetinted:

I think around the time of IRM, it became a bit taboo to write such things as the desert island writers.

It wasn't the only thing to go and by thie time it was ok again, nobody went back and it was deserted :no:

Wow, that's really interesting! Your Great Grandpa sounds pretty cool :wink2:

Well if you didn't know him I'd say it was almost perfectly ok!

Not that I'd have a problem with it otherwise but hey! :bleh:

Pfft, bloody Aussies, just walk on in here and take one more thing for yourselves! :mf_rosetinted:

I meant ww1 not ww2! im getting my World wars muddled! does there have to be so many :blink:

I wore his hat today, its so weird...he must have had on bloody small head! and the flag he flew on his boat is almost see through nowdays! it looks like it has been through the war...AND it has!

Im the great granddaughter of Alex Radford and sons Engineering! I think thats pretty cool!

I meant ww1 not ww2! im getting my World wars muddled! does there have to be so many :blink:

I wore his hat today, its so weird...he must have had on bloody small head! and the flag he flew on his boat is almost see through nowdays! it looks like it has been through the war...AND it has!

Im the great granddaughter of Alex Radford and sons Engineering! I think thats pretty cool!

So many?

There were two that you've spoken about here :roftl:

Although they wern't that far apart and they were along the same lines as each other.

Anyway that is pretty damn cool Ro!

My Granddad co-ran a resthome, was a french and latin teacher in Samoa (though he spoke no Samoan) and he was an absolute animal in university! :roftl:

Seriously, my great nana still wonders why such a bright boy could fail university so badly :lmfao:

Hardly!

Oh alright then... I guess I really am part of the furniture... :biggrin2:

Oooh yes... good thing the random places thread waasn't around when IRM was around... they'd have been harassed for not respecting Mika...

TBH, he deserves to not be respected :das:

Yep, we do that.... and we do it oh so well! *gigglesnort*

*races over to Aussie thread and grabs a spare flag and flagpole*

*comes back to kiwi thread and puts up flag and flag pole*

I hereby claim this land as the Aussie retirement land, Shabangabang! :teehee:

Hardly!

Oh alright then... I guess I really am part of the furniture... :biggrin2:

Oooh yes... good thing the random places thread waasn't around when IRM was around... they'd have been harassed for not respecting Mika...

Random places thread? I cant say I remember it! Elaborate...

Retirement land? are you serious? :wink2:

you ausies have the weirdist place names! for serious!

I second Rosina's IDK what Random places thread is...

No, he brings it upon himself!

Seriously, if you guys wanna steal something, I don't understand why you don't steal something good!

Like London! I mean, what's so special about Kiwiland???

Random places thread? I cant say I remember it! Elaborate...

Retirement land? are you serious? :wink2:

you ausies have the weirdist place names! for serious!

It's here... it started off as random places you'd like to meed Mika (I wanted to put Australia as a random place :teehee:), and ended up being full of stories... http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19364&highlight=random+places

Blame the Commonwealth bank:

I second Rosina's IDK what Random places thread is...

No, he brings it upon himself!

Seriously, if you guys wanna steal something, I don't understand why you don't steal something good!

Like London! I mean, what's so special about Kiwiland???

*points up*

That he does... and he likes it! :das:

We're starting small, working our way bigger... ultimate goal is to steal the USA and they can be governed by a nerdy looking Prime Minister like us! :teehee:

we have candy :biggrin2:

*throws handful of jelly beans at tegan*

YEAH boo the aussies!

*Throws eskimos at Teegs* :roftl:

Oh yeah!

*Throws Mr Mellow marshmellows!

Mmmm marshmellows :drool:

Marshmellows :fangurl:

i played chubby bunny with my friends the other day :naughty:

Mmmmmmmmm... lollies... *opens mouth and catches lollies*

Wow... I haven't played chubby bunny for 2 years! Last time I did it I was up against DC and got 16 marshmallows in my mouth!

It's here... it started off as random places you'd like to meed Mika (I wanted to put Australia as a random place :teehee:), and ended up being full of stories... http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19364&highlight=random+places

:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: How did I NOT know about this thread! this thread appears to make for an interesting read! *buries head in thread*

USA? Actually, they're falling behind in the economic market. Next to come are China and India. Steal them, Chinese Dragons and bollywood! :woot_jump:

hmmm... a good point... US is next! :teehee:

:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: How did I NOT know about this thread! this thread appears to make for an interesting read! *buries head in thread*

that it does! :das:

Just an obseservation but 2 kiwis in this thread both want to live in london, :teehee:

Be lucky you live in new zealand, It's beautiful! :wink2:

Actually I live for my profession (wellnot really because it's not my profession YET but I'm getting there!) and NZ is a HORRIBLE place for me to be living because it's a country that doesn't really embrace someone with my clothes, ideas and music.

England and the UK happen to be where most of my inspiration come from so I feel I'd fit in better there - Not that I want to fit in but you know what I mean :wink2:

but no-one goes there :teehee:

Sorry... I'm not a New Zealander, am I?

Yeah, it's true. I'm not a Kiwi either (I'm French, Irish, English, Syrian, Samoan) but I think people are lucky to be here if they want to be in a place for laid back people, retirement, the outdoors and the Maori culture but the thing is that it's a crappy place for people who love the music of big names because they never/hadly ever come here as you say.

The best thing about NZ though is that it's laid back. My teacher aid is British and she said that she was so astounded when she got here and I told a teacher to shut up when they teased me about something and we were just talking like friends rather than keeping a strict teacher-student relationship.

Frankly, I couldn't handle such a huge gap between teacher and student because in order to do well, I needto be comforable and to be comfortable I need to feel like I'm an eaqual and if I feel something's wrong, I can speak up about it.

That part of the UK would do my head in majorly but honestly, I have no need for green hills and wildlife because it ain't gonna pay my bills :wink2:

Actually I live for my profession (wellnot really because it's not my profession YET but I'm getting there!) and NZ is a HORRIBLE place for me to be living because it's a country that doesn't really embrace someone with my clothes, ideas and music.

England and the UK happen to be where most of my inspiration come from so I feel I'd fit in better there - Not that I want to fit in but you know what I mean :wink2:

Yeah, it's true. I'm not a Kiwi either (I'm French, Irish, English, Syrian, Samoan) but I think people are lucky to be here if they want to be in a place for laid back people, retirement, the outdoors and the Maori culture but the thing is that it's a crappy place for people who love the music of big names because they never/hadly ever come here as you say.

The best thing about NZ though is that it's laid back. My teacher aid is British and she said that she was so astounded when she got here and I told a teacher to shut up when they teased me about something and we were just talking like friends rather than keeping a strict teacher-student relationship.

Frankly, I couldn't handle such a huge gap between teacher and student because in order to do well, I needto be comforable and to be comfortable I need to feel like I'm an eaqual and if I feel something's wrong, I can speak up about it.

That part of the UK would do my head in majorly but honestly, I have no need for green hills and wildlife because it ain't gonna pay my bills :wink2:

I actually like new zealand...I mean If all the idiots moved to australia the country would get better!

but I fear...its only getting worse!

have you seen the new search law theyre trying to bring in...basically allowing them to search you on the street or your home without a warrent. and now theyre trying to cut out low income housing and housing for those who need group or assisted housing! ARGH!

Id be ok with america...As long as its not a fashist! :sneaky2:

I want my right to stay quiet, in my house, assisted when I fall into dificulty. I dont want to be on the streets! [/Rant]

Edited by RosinaKiwi

I actually like new zealand...I mean If all the idiots moved to australia the country would get better!

but I fear...its only getting worse!

have you seen the new search law theyre trying to bring in...basically allowing them to search you on the street or your home without a warrent. and now theyre trying to cut out low income housing and housing for those who need group or assisted housing! ARGH!

Id be ok with america...As long as its not a fashist! :sneaky2:

I want my right to stay quiet, in my house, assisted when I fall into dificulty. I dont want to be on the streets! [/Rant]

I agree with you on that one. I also thin that they're wrong to not allow people to make fun of the government in the lead up to elections!

You're not allowed to draw things like the comics in the paper that involve the government and you're technically not even allowed to voice a negative opinion in public where people can hear you.

It's a stupid law. There's no way in hell they could ever have policed it and it only makes the anarchists angrier :das:

Yeah, Australia would be SUCH a great place if they got OUR idiots :roftl::mf_rosetinted:

but no-one goes there :teehee:

Sorry... I'm not a New Zealander, am I?

:lmao:

khayla, is anyone in nz REALLY a kiwi? not really. everyoe has different nationalities. i know a chinese boy with the strongestNZ accent. I''m english, danish, scottish, and irish

:lmao:

khayla, is anyone in nz REALLY a kiwi? not really. everyoe has different nationalities. i know a chinese boy with the strongestNZ accent. I''m english, danish, scottish, and irish

No, I mean I do not identify myself as a Kiwi. There's too much crap that goes along with it.

I don't screw sheep.

I hate rugby.

I hate sport.

I'm not a huge fan of bacon and egg pie with tomato sauce.

I don't eat pavlova and fis and chips arn't on my must-eat list.

I hate the beach.

The fashion's not my thing.

I'm not up myself to the point of making people hate Kiwis an NZ because of my IHEARTNZ attitude and I fear it being said about me of "Ugh, Lyonesse! She's crap. Oh is she a Kiwi? Well in that case she's actually not bad."

My mother said that about Ladyhawk last week.