The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

Ok I have a question, I havent got a printer, but I want to transfer the Rosinakiwi in my signature onto my shirt. HELP MEE!!

you should be able to go to a printing shop or a camera shop and they should be able to print it onto a t shirt...

oh hahaha and when I told my sister, she so didnt think it was a cool idea! she said "nooo dont do that, your weird, just go normaly" im like dude STFU

She obviously hasn't realised that you're going to a Mika concert and that very few people dress normal... :teehee:

Pfft, tell your sister NORMAL is OUT :roftl:

Anyone know of that youtube animation "Charlie the Unicorn?"

SHUN THE NON BELIEVER! SHUUUUUN!

If I did that mine would me:

Dita Von Teese

Sarah Orr - "Ginger Snap" from the Glamazons

Wednesday Adams (The Adams Family)

Cassie from Skins

Katie Melua

Rufus Wainwright

Freddie Mercury

Marylin Monroe

There's probably more but Dita, Sarah and Marylin have similar tastes and if I was to interprit Katie Melua and Ruru, they'd be quite similar :wink2:

Exactly what I told her.

actually, thanks! You gave me some more ideas!

ESPECIALLY the last 3

She obviously hasn't realised that you're going to a Mika concert and that very few people dress normal... :teehee:

Exactly!

itd be like being the only one at a fancy dress party in normal clothes!

Going to Mika is like going to a masquerade nightclub with one really hawt dj :roftl:

DAMN RIGHT!

and imagine going to a masqurade nightclub in normal clothing...NOT cool!

so I emailed this service that suposed to do that iron on transfer thing...speeking on the phone they told me to email and send the size and theyd give me a quote...well they still havent got back to me. and I really really suck on the phone,

the conversation yesterday went something like

*dad passes phone to me*

[conversation]

"hello"

"yeah hi"

"are you still there"

"ah yeah"

"I want a word doccument on iron on transfer"

"ok just send us an email with the doccument attached and the size and well give you a quote ok"

"ok then thanks"

[/conversation]

*person hangs up*

so I emailed them straight away and they havent got back to me! :blink:

2ujqwy8.jpg

Thats so cool!

OMG OMG OMG I have 2 packages to pick up at the curiors today one will be my passport, im hoping the other is the traviling bear!

EDIT: yep Hugh Horice Hector just arrived in new zealand, welcome him!

oh...Ive also been working on what im wearing

I have my home made Mj sequined glove,

a pink sparkly boy george hat,

my hair like cindy in girls just want to have fun (cheats not cut)

a dress like the patch pants of sly stone (sly and the family stone)

but in the style of marilin munroe or mumma cass elliot.

prince inspired socks,

mika inspired jacket (like the rebel one in LICM)

tis all I got so far

oh and I totally laughed at this news story

http://infonews.co.nz/news.cfm?l=1&t=0&id=44513

i mean thats some classic comidy stuff right there

Edited by RosinaKiwi

hey guys! I just got finished with my mika inspired jacket for the gig...and my sequin glove looks amazing! (ok...so its kinda crap but itll pass)

Im so gutted though...a week to go and my video camera stopped working...its just the screan but It means I cant see what angle im filming! :boxed:

IMA GET ME A DISPOSABLE CAMERA...SORRY KAYLAH i MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE VIDEOS!

hey guys! I just got finished with my mika inspired jacket for the gig...and my sequin glove looks amazing! (ok...so its kinda crap but itll pass)

Im so gutted though...a week to go and my video camera stopped working...its just the screan but It means I cant see what angle im filming! :boxed:

IMA GET ME A DISPOSABLE CAMERA...SORRY KAYLAH i MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE VIDEOS!

AAAW! :sad:

Oh well, I'm sure someone will have videos... Please???

Hey guys, my computer died the other day and this one's not holding on so great either so I might not be here very much ok?

Just so as you know :wink2:

For everyone who is Aussie or Kiwi who IS NOT Rosina, I sent Ro a letter on thursday (but it was picked up on friday - I checked) and inside the envelope there is a lteer for Mika and one for you fans. The one for the fans has "FOR THE FANS" on the paper in big writing ok?

I spent AGES finding the perfect crease angles so that it would look smart and neat :biggrin2:

AAAW! :sad:

Oh well, I'm sure someone will have videos... Please???

Hey guys, my computer died the other day and this one's not holding on so great either so I might not be here very much ok?

Just so as you know :wink2:

For everyone who is Aussie or Kiwi who IS NOT Rosina, I sent Ro a letter on thursday (but it was picked up on friday - I checked) and inside the envelope there is a lteer for Mika and one for you fans. The one for the fans has "FOR THE FANS" on the paper in big writing ok?

I spent AGES finding the perfect crease angles so that it would look smart and neat :biggrin2:

I can sort of take videos, I just cant see what angle im viewing and I have no screan so I cant see if the battery is low or when I get to the end of the tape etc!

Ill let you know when I get the letter/s

regarding the trip my dad says, girl your going to bore people, and I im like why, and he says...cos all you talk about is mika. and I said its a good thing im going with other fans who actually like talking about him and he went "how boring" haha I was like "psshed dad youll never understand"

and my sister was all nooo you cant go dressed like that, And I explained everyone else was kinda dressing up and she said "dressing up not fancy dress"

all I could say was have you ever SEEN what people wear to a mika consert? that shut her up!

Ive almost finished, Im just getting RosinaKiwi like in my signature screanprinted on my back of my jacket and im all good! cant wait to see mika. and hang out with some cool fanclub members!

Ill take a photo of you along and say your there in spirit!

Im giving mika a book of new zealand phrases, and another bone carving.

God im going to be so poor when I get back!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

I was plesently supprised though

today I was looking for places that would print the name on my shirt and we found 3 places...

on the first place I went to I said I was going to a mika consert and then she said "the new zealand guy drag guy?" and I was like no...

the second one shun the non believer she was like "WHO?" she didnt even know who mika was!

but the third, oh the third...she said oh you mean the tall british guy with curly hair and I was like YES!!! THANKYOU!!! OMG!!! I even felt so happy I wanted to hug her but refrained!

today I was looking for places that would print the name on my shirt and we found 3 places...

on the first place I went to I said I was going to a mika consert and then she said "the new zealand guy drag guy?" and I was like no...

the second one shun the non believer she was like "WHO?" she didnt even know who mika was!

but the third, oh the third...she said oh you mean the tall british guy with curly hair and I was like YES!!! THANKYOU!!! OMG!!! I even felt so happy I wanted to hug her but refrained!

:lmao: i love you

i made the flag but didnt have time to do the whole fance dress thing - I have my english exam tommorow, (yuck its exam week now) and I have been SOOOO busy with that, prep. for Mika and everything else fun has gone out the window :sad:

We'rent French exams today? So Khayla.. is that you? If so , good luck (even though you're probably in it now ) :thumb_yello::huglove:

you're a sweet heart :biggrin2: looking foward to it!

i made the flag but didnt have time to do the whole fance dress thing - I have my english exam tommorow, (yuck its exam week now) and I have been SOOOO busy with that, prep. for Mika and everything else fun has gone out the window :sad:

We'rent French exams today? So Khayla.. is that you? If so , good luck (even though you're probably in it now ) :thumb_yello::huglove:

my sister has the same english exam!

I got khaylas letter, my sisters pushing it off so ill talk about the rest later!

Gotta go before I get my head bitten off!

oh I hate exam time almost as much as you!

Awwww... Yay!

regarding the trip my dad says, girl your going to bore people, and I im like why, and he says...cos all you talk about is mika. and I said its a good thing im going with other fans who actually like talking about him and he went "how boring" haha I was like "psshed dad youll never understand"

and my sister was all nooo you cant go dressed like that, And I explained everyone else was kinda dressing up and she said "dressing up not fancy dress"

all I could say was have you ever SEEN what people wear to a mika consert? that shut her up!

Ive almost finished, Im just getting RosinaKiwi like in my signature screanprinted on my back of my jacket and im all good! cant wait to see mika. and hang out with some cool fanclub members!

I'm going to be walking around with a pair of flashing bunny ears, a flashing heart, a tartan skirt, purple leggings and a MFC bag.... I might not be shiny but i will look like a fool! :naughty:

:naughty:

Good to hear that you found someone who knows who you're talking about...

I think that's understandable...

And if you come to the meet up, make sure you bring the flag so we can photoshoot it...

I can sort of take videos, I just cant see what angle im viewing and I have no screan so I cant see if the battery is low or when I get to the end of the tape etc!

Ill let you know when I get the letter/s

Ugh, I HATE when people do that!

When I mentioned an MFC meetup first back in 2007, my teacher aid said "Blimmin' 'eck Khayla, can you imagine sitting with a whole lot of weirdos who talk about Mika ALL THE TIME?"

I said "What, you mean like how you sit with me, a weirdo who talks about Mika ALL THE TIME?"

And that pretty much ended the conversation :roftl:

You should show a couple of photos to your family from concerts where fans are dressed in the wackiest outfits you can find :biggrin:

LOL I have that moment at every party I go to!

Usually it's a middle aged guy who's drunken and sweaty and calls me luv' who thinks I'm some kind of prodigy. It's always so nice to talk to someone, ANYONE about Mika!

EEEW! I have to pass English tomorrow as well Charlotte!

I need to pass English and Math to get the best possible chance of getting into IT next year. I've never done it before so the I'm at the mercy of the HOD. I call him Billy Brown on twitter because he looks exactly like what I would think BB would look like if he was a real person!

Anyway, I creeped him out (I seem to have a nack for creeping techies out!) and got his attention enough that I think he knows I'm serious. Now I just need to have the marks!

Only problem is that I'm NOT good at math - Particularly algebra though sadly, algebra is the math that I NEED to be good at!

Yes, I had French today. It was 3 and a half hours long and it was SO scary!

I did really well in the mocks. I got an Excellence for reading, a merrit for listening (which was rare apparently as most either got achieved or N/A) and achieved for writing though my writing isn't great so yeah.

The teacher said that all I needed to do was write a plan first as I go off on a tangent. This time, I think I must have only achieved the listening, Merrit/Excellence in reading and Achieved, maybe merrit for writing. I used comparritives, superlatives, pronouns, past, present and future tense, opinions and negatives so I think I've covered a fair bit :wink2:

In the mocks, I passed everything accept that in English, I failed the film study and the novel study and in math, I failed everything accept probability which I merritted.

Must pass algebra, geometric reasoning, Percentages and graphing... I think!

Anyway, if the mocks had been worth credits, I would have had 42 credits!

you're a sweet heart :biggrin2: looking foward to it!

It's just a note that I wrote to say some nice things that could be hand written. I could have just said it over MFC but it always feels more personal to write things!

my sister has the same english exam!

I got khaylas letter, my sisters pushing it off so ill talk about the rest later!

Gotta go before I get my head bitten off!

oh I hate exam time almost as much as you!

YAY! You got the letter!!!

Can you read it alright? I know my writing is a little bit strange :blush-anim-cl:

I could just throw something at your sister sometimes... (provided I knew her of course :roftl:)

I'm alright at exams. I just hate the lead up and all the boring classes leading up to them and reader/writers suck BIG TIME!

I never use them and I feel so like an outsider when I'm sitting in a room alone with just my reader/writer and I have half an hour extra like I'm slow or something.

Thankfuly, my reader/writers are nice and one of them (my teacher aid since year 8) shares her mints during the exam as we're not allowed food (what IS up with that???) and I don't have to line up or put my stuff in a clear plastic bag as everyone else does because the other reader/writer is like a freaking VIP (nobody messes with her).

I should be studying in theory but I forgot my english folder last week and now I'm finished school so hey.

I'm going to be walking around with a pair of flashing bunny ears, a flashing heart, a tartan skirt, purple leggings and a MFC bag.... I might not be shiny but i will look like a fool! :naughty:

we can all look like fools together though! thats the best part!

You should show a couple of photos to your family from concerts where fans are dressed in the wackiest outfits you can find :biggrin:

It's just a note that I wrote to say some nice things that could be hand written. I could have just said it over MFC but it always feels more personal to write things!

thats the best idea ive heard of

and I like your note...especially the bit at the end! ill be sure to bring both with me, actually theyre already packed with my passport so I CANT forget it! :roftl:

YAY! You got the letter!!!

Can you read it alright? I know my writing is a little bit strange :blush-anim-cl:

I could just throw something at your sister sometimes... (provided I knew her of course :roftl:)

I'm alright at exams. I just hate the lead up and all the boring classes leading up to them and reader/writers suck BIG TIME!

I never use them and I feel so like an outsider when I'm sitting in a room alone with just my reader/writer and I have half an hour extra like I'm slow or something.

Thankfuly, my reader/writers are nice and one of them (my teacher aid since year 8) shares her mints during the exam as we're not allowed food (what IS up with that???) and I don't have to line up or put my stuff in a clear plastic bag as everyone else does because the other reader/writer is like a freaking VIP (nobody messes with her).

I should be studying in theory but I forgot my english folder last week and now I'm finished school so hey.

I had reader writers as well. I have them at uni too and its funny they can skip the rules and start early etc because they can...your the only one in the room and your not going to tell cos it always works in your favor!

I took a pic with hugh hector horris reading your letter! he says he likes your letter too!

GOODLUCK WITH THE EXAM TODAY GUYS! :lg::toot:

:plane: 6 DAYS!!!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

we can all look like fools together though! thats the best part!

thats the best idea ive heard of

and I like your note...especially the bit at the end! ill be sure to bring both with me, actually theyre already packed with my passport so I CANT forget it! :roftl:

I had reader writers as well. I have them at uni too and its funny they can skip the rules and start early etc because they can...your the only one in the room and your not going to tell cos it always works in your favor!

I took a pic with hugh hector horris reading your letter! he says he likes your letter too!

GOODLUCK WITH THE EXAM TODAY GUYS! :lg::toot:

:plane: 6 DAYS!!!

I'm glad you and Hugh like my letter, I did hope you could read my writing!

You know, someone collected in our work at some point in a class and she was like "WOW your writing is tidy!" and someone said the same thing when she was grafitiing on my book (LOL) and I said "Yeah, I've been told that before!" and she said "Yeah, it's kind of messy but like, really tidy but messy in a tidy kind of way, you know? And you write real fast!"

No, I didn't know what she meant but I can read messy wrting better than tidy because when I pick up something with big, tidy writing, it confuses my brain and I have to read so slowly to know I get it right.

Yeah and even then, I still didn't finish the english exam! :sad:

I finished 4 papers and I was just doing the questions on the last text of the last paper and I had 3 minutes left and had just finished the page thinking YAY I'm done! Flipped the page over and I had 2 minutes left and a whole page to do and I only got one and a half questions done!

Oooh those damn things :furious:

WOOPS! Didn't see the colourful message! Thanks and YAY SIX DAYS!!!

PS. HTF did I MISS that? :doh:

mr mika man must be listening to us...ok so maybe not but I got so excited when I saw this shirt in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVdo6b5yKx4

the pattern is almost the maori koru pattern! you know the ones you used to have to do in class (did anyone else have to do it or was it just me?)

khaylah your writing isnt even that bad...mine still looks like what it did when I was 8! Im so happy most lecturers only want printed essays and stuff cos otherwise id be pretty screwed!

mr mika man must be listening to us...ok so maybe not but I got so excited when I saw this shirt in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVdo6b5yKx4

the pattern is almost the maori koru pattern! you know the ones you used to have to do in class (did anyone else have to do it or was it just me?)

khaylah your writing isnt even that bad...mine still looks like what it did when I was 8! Im so happy most lecturers only want printed essays and stuff cos otherwise id be pretty screwed!

LOL it so does!

That's like with my Burlesque thread and someone said Mika must be reading it because he had Ava Garter perform a burlesque act at the not-so-secret gig in LA when I had posted about her several weeks/months before!

Well, depends on what you mean by HAD to. My class did it in art but I myself never did as I have a knack for getting out of things :sneaky2:

My writing discribes me perfectly. Small because I'm always focusing, hard indentation on the paper because I consider myself lucky and successful in my own priorities, straight up and down uslally but little accents of left slope and right slope to show that I have multiple personalities, focused on the middle and lower zone like I'm focused on my physical and everyday more than spirituality and dreams which is in the top zone.

Do you have big, rounded writing Rosina? Or is it just messy?

I don't really mind messy but I hate that primary/intermediate "Child-tidy" writing because it's hard to read!

LOL it so does!

That's like with my Burlesque thread and someone said Mika must be reading it because he had Ava Garter perform a burlesque act at the not-so-secret gig in LA when I had posted about her several weeks/months before!

Well, depends on what you mean by HAD to. My class did it in art but I myself never did as I have a knack for getting out of things :sneaky2:

My writing discribes me perfectly. Small because I'm always focusing, hard indentation on the paper because I consider myself lucky and successful in my own priorities, straight up and down uslally but little accents of left slope and right slope to show that I have multiple personalities, focused on the middle and lower zone like I'm focused on my physical and everyday more than spirituality and dreams which is in the top zone.

Do you have big, rounded writing Rosina? Or is it just messy?

I don't really mind messy but I hate that primary/intermediate "Child-tidy" writing because it's hard to read!

the one way to describe my handwriting is...ALL OVER THE PLACE it differs so much its so hard to define!

child tidy? I would never say mine is tidy by any means!

like sometimes I have big spaces between my words but others I will merge 2 words together and forget the space intirely. sometimes my letters are big even if they are lowercase but most of the time its all small even with the capitals! I cant spell good and sometimes when im not noticing I still get letters around the wrong way!

my sisters handwriting makes my eyes funny. its too neat and mostly all capitals...or so it appears to my mind! it takes up so much space like someone trying to make a 200 word essay look the size of a whole page so they make the font bigger!

Edited by RosinaKiwi

the one way to describe my handwriting is...ALL OVER THE PLACE it differs so much its so hard to define!

child tidy? I would never say mine is tidy by any means!

like sometimes I have big spaces between my words but others I will merge 2 words together and forget the space intirely. sometimes my letters are big even if they are lowercase but most of the time its all small even with the capitals! I cant spell good and sometimes when im not noticing I still get letters around the wrong way!

my sisters handwriting makes my eyes funny. its too neat and mostly all capitals...or so it appears to my mind! it takes up so much space like someone trying to make a 200 word essay look the size of a whole page so they make the font bigger!

Ack! That's what I mean, the big, rounded writing where the lowercase takes up the entire line from top to bottom!

I cannot read it - It turns my bran fully and I have to strain to read it.

Is your writing inconsistant because you are an inconsistant person?

Ack! That's what I mean, the big, rounded writing where the lowercase takes up the entire line from top to bottom!

I cannot read it - It turns my bran fully and I have to strain to read it.

Is your writing inconsistant because you are an inconsistant person?

inconsistant? Im not sure im an incosistant person!

ill just say that my writing is all over the place, someone once told me It was that I cant settle! im ever moving ever changing and its the same with my writing! that It cant make up its mind! Im just whatever I want to be and i guess its the same. also that It can also be childlike.

Edited by RosinaKiwi

inconsistant? Im not sure im an incosistant person!

ill just say that my writing is all over the place, someone once told me It was that I cant settle! im ever moving ever changing and its the same with my writing! that It cant make up its mind! Im just whatever I want to be and i guess its the same. also that It can also be childlike.

Well I'm ever moving, always feeling like I'm trapped and wanting to run away. My writing is very bound up and it's tidy even under magnification because I'm a careful person (not with typig though!) and it's because most people have parents, teachers and a principal (people my age) to answer to if they screw up but I have my mother and granddad, the voices (I call them voices but my mother "Talks" to my deceased grandmother so when she brings THAT up I don't even feel comfortable alone or in my own thoughts) and I have outside people as well like a teacher aid because of my sight so I feel like I'm more under a microscope.

I'm quick with writing but my writing is small and careful because I've attention to detail.

What do you see in it?

Just had math exam.

FAIL.

I know it!

Oh BUT I saw my english teacher and she waved and then came over to me and I thought "Oh crap oh crap oh crap!!!" and she smiled (I thought "oh CRAP!") and I said "I'm sorry Mis **** I failed, I know I failed!" about the english exam and she smiled bigger and said "You did NOT fail. You did fine and it's understandable that you didn't finish." and she smiled again and walked away quietly.

I was like WAAAAAH?